It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain releasing more UFO files

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
A previous thread, from the end of 2007, discussed the plan to release British UFO files and the release of the first batch of those files.

Joe Mcgonagle of Ufologyinuk has pointed out that the release of the next batch is now being reported.

The relevant batch of files will be on the National Archives website tomorrow.

Press coverage so far includes:

(1) An article on The Daily Telegraph website

UFOs, alien abductions and Tina Turner feature in Close Encounters secret files

Passenger jets nearly colliding with UFOs, reports of alien abduction and lasers from a Tina Turner concert all feature in the latest "Close Encounters" released by the MoD

The 19 files, which date from 1986 and 1992, show the extensive records of strange sightings by members of the public and unexplained radar images from air traffic control.

In one instance, an Alitalia flight coming into land at London's Heathrow Airport reported a near miss with a UFO, which the pilot described as "similar to a missile - light brown or fawn - about three metres in length but without any exhaust flame".

and

(2) A brief mention on The Daily Mirror website

"A passenger jet heading for Heathrow almost collided with a UFO over Kent, according to the latest "X-files" to be released by the Government tomorrow.

The last batch of files got quite a lot of press coverage, and presumably this batch will also be covered in quite a few further articles in the next day or two.

Joe McGonagle of Ufologyinuk has mentioned that Dr David Clarke will be discussing those files in an article to be posted shortly on Dr David Clarke's website.

Kind Regards,

Isaac

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
These seem to be rather large steps in the right direction.
The release of information to the public is important in the persuit of explanations for these strange events be that explanation a benign one such as cloud formations or weather balloons or a more interesting event such as a real unidentified craft of unknown origin.

The more information released the better in my view, because that means that more people can look over the data and come to their own conclusions rather than having to settle for the conclusions that the mass media and governments put forward.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

Thank you for the update, Isaac

I'll post here some links to threads related to this news:

• UK National Archives release new records on UFO's (Rendlesham Forest and Military Sightings) by -Klaus-, also describing where to start and how to access the documents.

• Airliner Had Near Miss With UFO,Says MOD by scobro, covering the 1991 Alitalia 1991 incident near Lydd in Kent

• US pilot ordered to shoot down UFO over Norwich by gate13, covering the 1957 incident involving a F-86D Sabre fighter above Norfolk

• posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 02:53 AM
    link   
    I would LOVE to see that Rendlesham file

*dribbles*

slowly slowly catchy monkey,the media machine are drip feeding us again.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:36 AM
    link   
    I can´t help think that they only let us see what they want us to see.

Manipulation!

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:58 AM
    link   
    ufos.nationalarchives.gov.uk...

here are the files. Free to download

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 05:46 AM
    link   
    Yes its all over the news today!Well a story at least, maybe not breaking news as far as world affairs go but, UFO files to be released from 1986 to 1992, BBC1 news 20/10/08, will update when i see it again and wake up more!
    (edit to correct date's)

[edit on 20/10/2008 by stealthyaroura]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 05:51 AM
    link   
    nice one isaac, i was just about to post the MOD links for this.

10 very parge pdf's to get through on this one ( and ive not even fully read the last batch released as they printed them in negative, black page with white writing which was very hard to concentrate on ).

In the process of downloading now, ill let you guys know what i think.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 05:55 AM
    link   
    Well, so official archive data
    from the official source

Thats a great moment in fact - nobddy will say that "there is no official data"

Disclosure is close ?

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 05:58 AM
    link   
    Swedens biggest newspage released info about this that England released all their secrets UFO files, about the pilot over norwich and a link to the mainpage with the pdf files.

Thats nice

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 06:04 AM
    link   
    ok im scanning the mod FOIA website and cant see any recent releases.. Last batch of 10 pdfs are 1 liners for sightings. i.e "sighting 42 - Edinburgh - witness saw a bright light "... Come on, where the data MOD!

Im positive im on the right site as this is where i got the last batch of data that was extremely detailed.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 06:12 AM
    link   

Originally posted by zeetroyman
    ok im scanning the mod FOIA website and cant see any recent releases..

Try the top of this webpage.

There is a useful guide to the new material by Dr David Clarke at:
    this link.

Kind Regards,

Isaac

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 06:14 AM
    link   
    Ok, here is one intersting case:

Daily mail

"""

U.S. fighter pilot: 'I was ordered to fire 24 rockets at UFO flying over East Anglia'

"""

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 06:16 AM
    link   
    thanks Isaac, just found the above from another source..

This looks like it, but im sure Sky News where showing details of sightings from the 80s this morning which were also due for release, these releases only go up to 1957.

All downloaded and placed in my " sunday " browsing folder.

As im typing, Sky News have just covered a 1991 sighting with drawing of beings etc, which was released this morning?? Where??

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 06:23 AM
    link   

This looks like it, but im sure Sky News where showing details of sightings from the 80s this morning which were also due for release, these releases only go up to 1957.

Hi Zeetroyman,

Don't be misled by the four digit numbers in the titles of the files.

For example, the file with the title "DEFE 24/1957/1" does NOT date from 1957 - it includes reports from 1992.

Kind Regards,

Isaac

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 06:39 AM
    link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi

Hi Zeetroyman,

Don't be misled by the four digit numbers in the titles of the files.

For example, the file with the title "DEFE 24/1957/1" does NOT date from 1957 - it includes reports from 1992.

Kind Regards,

Isaac
    Nice one for clarifying that!! It was a concern of mine.

So,which one contains the rendlesham file!!!!

I'm chomping at the bit to get at it.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 06:40 AM
    link   
    I have been going over the files and i notice the reports from pilots when given they appear to be given the option only to say it's A an asteroid,B a piece of space debri or C a missile re-entering the atmosphere, it just seems like a narrow view to me.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 07:34 AM
    link   
    LOL Acidtastic. Another person chomping at the bit here too....

It's just been on BBC1's lunchtime news, about half way through, as opposed to the normal 'let's bung it at the end as if it's just a mickey take' approach. Interesting that they focused on the pilot's near miss encounter which seemed to be taken more seriously than normal UFO reports on mainstream news programmes.

Good stuff. Can't wait to read all those reports! There's my plan to clean the upstairs of the house gone out of the window for the rest of the day.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 08:04 AM
    link   
    Not sure if they're the same files (Probably are) but here are the files too.

www.mod.uk... egion.htm

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 08:19 AM
    link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join