It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 834
<< 831  832  833    835  836  837 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

France cuts 2012 growth forecast. France is the second biggest economy in the eurozone. France has cut its growth forecast for this year to 0.5% from 1%, Prime Minister Francois Fillon has announced. The revision was made to "take into account the deterioration of the economic situation", he said.

Vitchilo good point, Sarkozy is going to get trounced. They have to blame someone.....

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

Originally posted by AuntB
They just stopped! Is this what we will be seeing in the Euro-zone as things decline?

Spain's fourth-largest airline Spanair has collapsed, leaving more than 20,000 passengers stranded across Europe and Africa. The Barcelona-based firm stopped operating on Friday and more than 200 flights were abruptly cancelled. The Spanish government is taking legal action and said Spanair could be fined 9m euros (£7.6m; $11.9m) over the collapse. In 2010, Spanair reported an operating loss of 115m euros. The collapse comes after Qatar Airways stopped takeover talks, ending the prospect of further financing, and also reflects weak demand for air travel in Spain.

www.bbc.co.uk...

The Spanish Gov't is suing a company that is operating at a loss and has collapsed?

Thanks for the link AuntB! I just got done talking to my future wife about going to europe on are honeymoon. She wants to go and doesn’t understand that Europe is imploding right now. I told her before I even knew of this article that airlines could go bankrupt and we could get stranded. Her friend then chimed in and said “well whats the big deal, you already have the return ticket home so they would have to fly you home.” ….WOW I then face palmed myself and walked away.

I just sent her the link now.
Congratulations to you and your fiancee! How wonderful. After reading that article I also would void flying to Europe. I was going to say take a ship, then remembered the ill fated cruise ship in Italy. Whatever you do, do not let her friend have any input.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I heard on the Australian ABC news that portugese 10 year bond yeild are over 14%
sorry i'm too tired and lazy to check the varasity of the claims.. ...off to bed

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by wondera

It is true.

Just look at the latest government funded BS...
Latest Congressional Budget Outlook For 2012-2022 Released, Says Real Unemployment Rate Is 10%

The worst about this is that most of the sheeple will believe it...
When history shows that CBO are full of it every single time. These are the guys who predicted a negative 2.5 trillion deficit by 2012 in 2000.

edit on 31-1-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Daily dose of Greece......

Consumer confidence has also been hurt by a climb in the jobless rate to 17.7 percent in the third quarter.
Retail sales drop 8.9% year-on-year in November www.athensnews.gr...After reading that and looking at the charts, the US seems like it is great shape.

edit on 31-1-2012 by AuntB because: my link is in purple???

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Why Are the Chinese Buying Record Quantities of Gold?
www.forbes.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Surfrat
Why Are the Chinese Buying Record Quantities of Gold?
www.forbes.com...

Because they can do the math and know the end of the money from nothing system is nigh.

“No asset is safe now,” said the PBOC’s Zhang Jianhua at the end of last month. “The only choice to hedge risks is to hold hard currency—gold.”

edit on 31-1-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

This link should be kept for all those times that our government lies about how they are to fix the budget in the "long term".

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

They also need it to buy Iranian oil, like India is also doing, they are keeping business going with Iran trading gold for oil, so they don't have to do it in dollars.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Question: does everyone else think that the PIIGS are going to end up in extended depression because
of the austerity measures? If unemployment in Greece and the rest are so high then why
the banks are asking for more cuts and oversite of the austerity. The more sever the Austerity the
lower the tax recipts will be, they need to grow their ecconomy to pay these debts not just cut
everything, sell every government asset and hope like hell that the rest of the ecconomy can adjust
and pay the rest of the debt. if this goes on for too long there will be revolution and the banks will get
nothing.
edit on 31-1-2012 by wondera because: gramma

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

This link should be kept for all those times that our government lies about how they are to fix the budget in the "long term".

Lurker here ,
Im looking for the link in this post.
I like to follow this thread , let you guys chat

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

The link is Vitchilo own thread on the CBO that I link to it with my response post, sorry for the misunderstanding.

His link to the projections will be ideal to do comparisons on how for many years we hear about budget cuts and how the government will help fix the economy in any given years, depending who the seating president is, but if we go back to all the promises it seems that the budget and deficit is getting bigger and the years to repaid and fix just get extended.

People tend to have short memories and forget that for years the budget is been "fixed and cut", but until this day the deficit just gets bigger and the debt ceiling growing.

In other words is nothing but lies but voters and tax payers tend to bite into them when they are given to the public in attractive packages full of promises.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Time for a nice graph, people:

How exchange rates could collapse after a Euro break-up

(NB Greyed-out arrow to the right of graph.)

Forget the imagined eye-candy of new national currencies — just pause to consider the implications of this throw-away remark:

In the Eurozone ING sees GDP output falls ranging from seven per cent in Germany to 13 per cent in Greece...

That would be simply catastrophic. Think unemployment is bad now? And this is based on a conservative scenario.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

The link is Vitchilo own thread on the CBO that I link to it with my response post, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Thanks for the reply post, I followed it back and read the link.
Back to Lurking and learning.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
www.marketwatch.com...

This is how it is in the big picture too.

AMR may cut up to 15,000 jobs Bankrupt airline seeks to save $2 billion; latest loss is $904 million

Instead of pensions, the company would instead offer 401(k) plans and cut employer-paid medical benefits for retirees, according to a report in the Wall Street Journal. Employees also would pay 23% of health expenses in a move by the airline to cut health care costs, the newspaper reported.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Alert stocks are in the green zone over the greek deal and manufacturing data.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

CBO simply SUCKS at their job.

4 years ago the projected deficit for 2011 was $200b .. it's what? 1.3 trillion. Um .. that's more than just a little off right?

They project by 2015 a mere 269b deficit? I say horse !@$! to that, an impossibility.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

CBO simply SUCKS at their job.

4 years ago the projected deficit for 2011 was $200b .. it's what? 1.3 trillion. Um .. that's more than just a little off right?

They project by 2015 a mere 269b deficit? I say horse !@$! to that, an impossibility.

Our intrest on debt alown is $425B for the year 2011!

for the 2015 projection we would have to start paying off the debt to be at a 269B deficit. wrap your mind around that.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
And then . . . the government wants us to trust their projections about the nations well being and the economy, when they can not even come out with straight numbers.

Lo and behold I still think that our politicians think we are dumb and stupid and can not do math, or remember when they lie before.

CBO sometimes tells "some truth" in a negative way but then again they comeback and post more information that just confuse those that are trying to figure out what they are trying to tell.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

And then . . . the government wants us to trust their projections about the nations well being and the economy, when they can not even come out with straight numbers.

Lo and behold I still think that our politicians think we are dumb and stupid and can not do math, or remember when they lie before.

CBO sometimes tells "some truth" in a negative way but then again they comeback and post more information that just confuse those that are trying to figure out what they are trying to tell.

The sad part is marg, 95% of "us", The people, are dumb and stupid. To cought up on the super duper bowl and American Idle

top topics

<< 831  832  833    835  836  837 >>

join