It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 76
<< 73  74  75    77  78  79 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Yes Sir!

It's about time. The federal gov is trying to reassert control over the states and make them powerless. It seems that a lot of state reps. have finally had it with the Fed going around doing whatever it wishes to do.

It says most of the measures are "symbolic" but if it is passed into law then it can be enforced. I have a feeling with all the news that came out today it is going to be a hellish week on the Street.

Just think it is only Sat. it isn't even the regular news cycle Sun. yet.

Interesting times we do live in I say.

Your second article in your post reaffirms what I just said, limiting bonuses of banking execs. on a WORLD(
) level. That isn't going to fly. All this talk of rescuing globalization ultimately means the loss of sovereignty. It isn't going to happen.

The third article shows that globalization is fruitless effort that only benefits about .0000000001% of the people on the planet. The third article also shores up my projection for the week.

Crazy stuff, do I dare say that civil unrest is the least of TPTB worries?

[edit on 7-3-2009 by Hastobemoretolife]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
How's this for a coincidence???
A little easier to see cropped/combined/scaled...
The black verticle line in the top marks ~Dec 08 low...
The top is ~1.25 Yrs...The bottom ~2.5 Mths...

[edit on 3/7/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   

You can definitively see a trend there Hx3, The next trading week is going to be interesting, I dont see any good news that would cause the markets to go up at all.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Ex-Calif. bookkeeper accused of embezzling $10M

VISTA, Calif. (AP) - A former bookkeeper embezzled $9.9 million, forcing her company to make layoffs as she bought 400 pairs of shoes that she kept in a room-sized closet decorated with a crystal chandelier and a plasma television, authorities claim.

Annette Yeomans, 51, surrendered at the Vista jail on Friday and was booked for investigation of grand theft and embezzlement. She was being held Saturday at the San Diego County jail in lieu of $10 million bail.

It was not immediately clear whether she had an attorney.

Authorities allege that Yeomans embezzled the money from 2001 to 2007 while she was chief financial officer for Quality Woodworks, Inc., a cabinetry business in San Marcos.

She spent at least $240,000 on 400 pairs of shoes, $300,000 on designer clothing and 160 purses valued at $2,000 each, investigators allege. She also remodeled a bedroom into a closet with the chandelier and a 32-inch TV, they said.

"On a weekly basis Yeomans would spend $25,000 on her credit card and then pay off the balance the following Monday with company funds," said Sgt. Mark Varnau of the sheriff's Financial Crimes Unit.

Fraud, as this crisis deepens, will be brought to light from ALL sectors, including the Government. It just can't stay un-noticed when all the numbers are being crunched these days. If you're a thief, you'd better be good, because the numbers are not in your favor.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Imagine, that. Now what are the chances of the DOW curves being almost identical between the 1930's and today.

It sounds like central planning is the problem here. I've read comments about how it is going to take the best and brightest about 80 years to figure out how all this went down, but you, my friend, seemed to have figured it out already.

The federal reserve needs to be abolished. And the duties need to be relocated to the Treasury, like ASAP. Within this order needs to be a 2/3 House and Senate, and 2/3 of the States to ratify the Treasury to release any money.

The set rule needs to be that Cash in the system is equal to the amount of GDP. Boom cycles release more cash, bust cycles take cash out of the system. In order for this to work we have to get rid of fractional reserve banking and ratify a balance budget and national debt amendment.

That can be solved by instituting a tax transition of 10% on all products and services.

It will hurt in the short term but will emerge stronger and better in the long term.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

Here here my friend. The FR should never have come into play. Bankers designed it, not law makers.

Now onto more drastic news: I have a hang nail!!! OWOWOWOW

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles

You can definitively see a trend there Hx3, The next trading week is going to be interesting, I dont see any good news that would cause the markets to go up at all.

They ended this week on an upswing, so if no politicians go on tv or no really bad news comes across the wire, we may see a short rally.

I would not be surprised by that at all - of course, when if/when it hits 150-200DMA I'll short the crap out of it, even if I have closed my accounts - e-trade charges per trade

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

Just by eyeballin' the comparison between the 2 graphs, it APPEARS that a rally to 775-800 wouldn't be out of the question in the near future...but as doris day said,"...whatever will be, will be, the futures not mine to see..."
anythings possible nowdays...got dice?

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty
They ended this week on an upswing, so if no politicians go on tv or no really bad news comes across the wire, we may see a short rally.

Lol, no bad news.

That's nearly a tautology these days.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
This looks terrible...bad...horrible...ect...

Predicting 2010 unemployment U-3 of 18%, U-6 at 34%
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Wall Street: Ripe for a rally?
money.cnn.com...

In tune with the bearish tone, investors pulled billions out of equity mutual funds last week. According to the latest report from Trim Tabs, investors pulled $29.9 billion out of stocks in the week ended March 4, versus an outflow of $18 billion in the previous week.
-----
On the docket:
Tuesday: The January wholesale inventories report is due shortly after the market opens. Inventories are expected to have fallen 1% after dropping 1.4% in December.

In Washington, the Senate Energy Committee holds a hearing on offshore drilling. On Thursday, the same committee discusses transmission lines.

Wednesday: The government's weekly crude inventories report is due out at 10:30 a.m. ET, as well as the February Treasury budget at 2 p.m. ET.

In Washington, the congressional oversight panel is due to release a report on the oversight of the Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP), a.k.a. the bank bailout plan.

Thursday: February retail sales are due before the start of trade from the Commerce Dept. Sales are expected to have fallen 0.4% after rising 1% in the previous month. Sales excluding volatile autos are expected to have fallen 0.2% after rising 0.9% in January.

The government's weekly jobless claims report is also due in the morning. 640,000 Americans are expected to have filed new claims for unemployment versus 639,000 in the previous week. Weekly claims hit a 26-year high of 667,000 in February. The number of Americans continuing to stay on unemployment is expected to remain near record levels of 5,112,000.

The January business inventories report is due for release after the start of trading. Inventories are expected to have fallen 1.1% after dropping 1.3% in the previous month.

In Washington, a House Financial Services sub-committee debates mark-to-market (MTM) accounting, a rule that critics say has exacerbated the credit crisis. MTM requires banks to report the value of their investments if they sold them now, even though some of those assets - like mortgage-backed securities - have tumbled dramatically.

Friday: The January trade balance, due before the start of trading, is expected to have widened to $38.2 billion from $39.9 billion in December.

Also due are reports on February import and export prices and the initial March consumer sentiment index from the University of Michigan.

---
@ 4:38 am est
Dow Jones Indus. Mar 09 6,674.00 Mar 6 +43.00 (+0.65%)
S&P 500 Mar 09 687.80 Mar 6 +1.70 (+0.25%)
Nasdaq 100 Mar 09 1,076.50 Mar 6 -6.50 (-0.60%)

[edit on 3/8/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Martial Law in Mexico???

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Methinks the markets might react.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   
It's still a rumour, but a handful of people in positions to hear advance warnings have been told to be ready for a 'holiday' in the month of March.

This might not be such a bad thing. A few days at least for reassessment rather than herd responses. Things like company mergers, union renegotiations, closing down unproductive divisions, might put some positive spin where it's needed.

Everyone is still in shock and depression.

Good/bad news is Europe is being hit much harder than the US, but putting on a better front.

Some new alliances of industries and things like profit sharing programs with employees could give some rays of hope. Companies might work or non-competitive arrangements that would improve their profitability. Ford and GM, instead of going after overlapping markets could carve territories, save on marketing an PR, and put more resources into improving their respective products.

This is a fabulous time for clever thinkers as the once overconfident are prepared to listen to anything new. It's happening with my own business.

This is a time for implementing radical innovations not self-pity and self-chastisement.

Mike F

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Everything must stop because bankers (Templars) have won this time and governments are trying to regain sovereignty

Do you think that shooting in Northern Ireland has something to do with all this

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Or this:

Obama hints at talks with Taleban

news.bbc.co.uk...

Mr Obama told the New York Times that US forces in Iraq had persuaded some Islamic radicals alienated by the tactics of al-Qaeda to co-operate.

He said there might be similar opportunities in Afghanistan, although the situation there was more complex.

Asked if the US was winning in Afghanistan, Mr Obama replied: "No."

He has no clue:

"Those tribes are multiple and sometimes operate at cross purposes, and so figuring all that out is going to be much more of a challenge."

"I think we still have to think about how do we deal with that kind of scenario," he added.

And while he "thinks"...

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Obama tries again with 3 new treasury dept nominations

The White House on Sunday said Obama is nominating David S. Cohen to be assistant secretary in dealing with terrorist financing; Alan B. Krueger for assistant secretary for economic policy; and Kim N. Wallace as assistant secretary for legislative affairs.

Cohen until recently served as a partner at the law firm of Wilmerhale, and he worked as a Treasury Department lawyer immediately before joining the firm in 2001.

Krueger is a longtime professor of economics and public affairs at Princeton University who has garnered numerous honors for his work as a labor economist.

Wallace was a managing director and head of the Washington Research Group at Barclays Capital before becoming a counselor to Geithner. Wallace worked for 14 years at Lehman Brothers Inc. and served as a legislative aide to former Senate Majority Leader George Mitchell.

Just more foxes to run the henhouse

[edit on 3/8/09 by redhatty]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Wallace really seems to be the "right guy" for the job

When did Obama actually had time to "think" about this, when he spends his time "thinking" about what to do with tribals in Afghanistan?

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Okay. I was down south immediately after Katrina to help family in Biloxi, Gulfport, Ocean Springs, and NO. If things across the nation get to be as bad as it was down there after Katrina I can paint a very real and clear picture of what it will be like. People lost everything including hope and the only one handing out was the government. There was no trust, even a distaste for government, but people still took the food and water. If unemployment gets to be as high as some previous posts then that's what we will see, but on a national level. I know that the trickle down to the general public takes time (ie most people don't know who Bernake is). But it will start to trickle down soon. I actually went shoping last night for long term food and supplies. I can't believe I actually just did that. This is a crazy time.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Redhead ran here:
Dorky Ben Stein on CBS "Sunday Morning"( only had on because Van the Man was featured) in his wanna' be cool like Justin Timberlake hat says (I'm paraphrasing,haven't gotten the exact quote thing down yet) that "There's too much doom and gloom and that things are MUCH better than people are saying..."
That we simply need to cowboy up and to cheer up.

Ends his self-serving rhetoric with "Let's Roll..."

OMG...like he or anyof those a** clowns have the brass to ever take hold of a horrible situation,I absolutely caught the reference being made to the guy who said it when 911 Flight 93 went down.

Let's continue to play on the emotions of the lame-o public out there.

He did,now I'm REALLY PO'd and ready for the week ahead!

[edit on 8-3-2009 by irishchic]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

That's funny because on Thursday Ben Stein was saying that we are screwed. He was on MSNBC and pretty much summed up Karl's ticker predictions.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
He probably did say that on Thursday on MSNBC but this am on CBS for the benefit of the sleepy Sunday mornin' masses,he was just a homely cheerleader betting that most of "us" don't know much about MSNBC or "Karl's ticker."
It was amusing and annoying to me.

new topics

top topics

<< 73  74  75    77  78  79 >>

join