It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 132
<< 129  130  131    133  134  135 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by GreenBicMan

Hey man seriously, stop calling specific stocks.. you are not a licensed adviser for such advise, and I am afraid you may be unknowing that without being licensed you cannot solicit assistance of any kind regarding your "calls". Such as "u2u me for this info" such and such. Once again, I remind you kindly, that this is is Market In General.. we do not advocate professional advice on any level, especially from unlicensed individuals like your self.

So please, stay away from personal investments, personal opinions regarding specific stocks and your personal opinions as to when one should buy or sell those stocks. Believe me, it is for your own good, as well as respecting the T&C of this board.

This is NOT a ticker board.

Hey, man, seriously, Im giving broad index and stock "up to the minute data" based on charts

I am just going by the charts..

I only say U2U if you dont know how to read them

What is the big deal, how many times have I said that I do not advocate taking anyones advice on this thread..in fact I said person/persons should look ELSEWHERE..

It seems like there are a lot of short sellers on this thread

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan
OK I have uploaded about 12 JPEGS that I took at 5am this morning for about a half hour..

I thought today was our big rally by the following way I trade.

I think its Monday now, with a sideways today ala wednesday leading into a Thursday (Hopefully our monday) getting to 7500.

I was so serious I tried to get my boss to advance me 5200 this morning (100 a week for 1 year) he declined big time, although he is a CFP so maybe he cant do this.. not sure of the rules here...

So ok..

I only trade on technical analysis... but only my style.. i dont care about momentum.. 200 day mvg avg.. etc.. RCI.. just dont care.. you can say whatever you would like to about that...

Now, I mean now you guys can copy exactly how I do things and do this for yourself.. It might seem simple and any idiot can draw a line but everyone knows there is more into it than that if you have ever tried to daytrade..

So my gem to do this to is SKF (triple financial shorts) god I love the action in this thing, and I would say within the day in 1-3 minute increments I could make legitly an avg of 2-5 dollars a share shorting it 5x a day so 25 dollars shorting profit per day..

My problem is I have no capital of course.. I was in a golf school in orlando, got hurt, got my life health var. annuity license just to do something.. been studying for series 7 for one month cause obviously this is what I should have done from the beginning.

Now you might also be saying (ok hes not a pro, hes a moron) well I guess I would say the same thing, but for some reason I have a pretty good knack for this and I want to help you make money, of course I am going to have to prove myself, and I want to also state that I would feel god awful if someone lost money on one of my trades so let me put that disclaimer in there as well..

reiterating disclosure

[edit on 18-3-2009 by GreenBicMan]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty
Wonder if we will see a reaction in the market to this news

World Bank cuts China 2009 GDP forecast to 6.5 percent

[edit on 3/17/09 by redhatty]

No. You don't supply news as a variable to the trading algorithm, and computer-aided trading accounts for most of the market fluctuations these days. Unless there is a heavy news out that takes the action off the "autopilot," the mouse-clicking traders don't care.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Firs of all I will like to remind people that this thread is for the enjoyment of all members and non members that wants to keep track of the markets, find information, learn about the economy, its reason for volatility, the many other reasons that is affecting the nation and not exclusively the markets alone.

Nobody should influence with opinion others into buying selling or investing in anything at all that will go against TOs of the site.

If any member decide to do that it should done by privately means with the other party involved but not while posting in the board.

While I have enjoyed the Threads opinions, facts, fables and historical views on economic issues I hope it doesn't have to close because somebody may feel that it could use it to lure others into investments ventures.

Just a friendly advise.

[edit on 14-3-2009 by marg6043]

Thats great advice.

I told this to the moderators in private conversation. There should be a disclaimer on the thread somehow IMO

And more agreeing on the issue

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by stander

Originally posted by redhatty
Wonder if we will see a reaction in the market to this news

World Bank cuts China 2009 GDP forecast to 6.5 percent

[edit on 3/17/09 by redhatty]

No. You don't supply news as a variable to the trading algorithm, and computer-aided trading accounts for most of the market fluctuations these days. Unless there is a heavy news out that takes the action off the "autopilot," the mouse-clicking traders don't care.

Good explanation, I cant put things in those words

2nd line

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
S&P 500 -2.20 773.10 3/18 1:11am
Fair Value 774.69 3/17 8:53pm
Difference* -1.59

NASDAQ -1.50 1188.75 3/17 11:30pm
Fair Value 1192.87 3/17 8:53pm
Difference* -4.12

Dow Jones -24.00 7330.00 3/18 1:08am
===
Shanghai Composite 2,234.401 1:09AM ET 16.075 (0.72%)
Hang Seng 13,075.39 1:09AM ET 197.30 (1.53%)
Nikkei 225 7,965.18 1:04AM ET 16.05 (0.20%)
Seoul Composite 1,167.30 1:04AM ET 3.42 (0.29%)
===
Gold $911.08
===
(yesterdays close)
FTSE 100 -6.89 -0.18% 3,857.10
XETRA-DAX -56.77 -1.40% 3,987.77
CAC 40 -24.38 -0.87% 2,767.28

[edit on 3/18/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
FWIW today's recap of market activity...

Dax was down fairly solidly today at the close - lots of mining and materials stocks were pounded on that index.

on the S&P we broke out of the triangle at the last 20-30 minutes of trading, overnight futures will probably have us open near the 795 fib line, but there is a lot of overhead chart resistance at the 805 mark.

the 50DMA has proven - firmly since last august - to be a strong overhead resistance. I expect more up moves for the next 2-3 days - blowing the alternation rules - but I don't foresee a crash this week.

3-4% gains on the S&P, NASDAQ and Russell today, the Dow was the laggard.

Stochs are in the overbought on the daily.

VIX is looking like it will continue to break down into the 30's

JPM broke the 50DMA today too. It's still fighting back from 11/19-21/08. 28 - 28.5 and JPM could take off.

GS recovered most of yesterday's losses, not really a bullish look to it yet, but some good recovery. Of course, if GS execs went to jail (like they should, as well as AIG) - it could definately leave a mark.

Ford, late in the day surged up with high volume, looking pretty nice right now.

AIG touched a whole $1 a couple times today to close at $0.96 - but they will fail and be broken up, so this penny stock is probably throwing $$ away in the long run

GOOG broke the 50DMA, AAPL came out with good news, and positive gains, not much more climb needed before there is no overhead resistance

AMZN broke the 200DMA yesterday and pinned it today - definately bullish - no signals at all to short it

TNX is very close to the 100DMA, don't think Bernanke will let it go too high though. 30.5 range looks like the "good" place for Ben to keep this. IRX is basically flat and stable @ 2.25

FOMC ends tomorrow, not expecting much, but it could be interesting

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by pause4thought
As a result of the obvious need for up-to-the minute market data within the GM forum I wish to start an 'official thread' with this as the sole focus.

Anyone with significant news regarding data from the world's financial markets is encouraged to post here. This will enable all posters to readily access the information that makes for well-informed discussion.

While raw data is always very welcome, graphs and charts would also make great additions.

[edit on 17/10/08 by pause4thought]

1st post of the whole thread again, to reiterate my previous 2 posts

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

hello blessed friends and a special thanks to red for reminding me of the ignore button that I have now used
tytytytytytytytytytyu now I can hang and not get out of sorts teeheee
Looks to be trending lower on the early reports all around. Wonder if perhaps there will be some major selling on the up turn today? What do you guys think?

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

I finally broke down and clicked it also

Ty for all the put the effort into this thread, I have learned lots so far and will continue to learn more im sure.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by xoxo stacie

hello blessed friends and a special thanks to red for reminding me of the ignore button that I have now used
tytytytytytytytytytyu now I can hang and not get out of sorts teeheee
Looks to be trending lower on the early reports all around. Wonder if perhaps there will be some major selling on the up turn today? What do you guys think?

What reports would those be trending lower? World markets are all in the green so far virtually and futures should be down after a high % rally....

Interesting to hear that teehee teehee

I could give you a chart stating otherwise... no.. nevermind.. you would just ignore it, just like the last 1000 points on the dow

teehee teehee

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Ok, here is another example of a misinformed person/bad information

"Looks to be trending lower on early reports"

Ok first thing wrong is there is no reports trending or showing a downturn at 2:28am EST

"Wonder if perhaps there will be some major selling on the up turn today?"

Ok wait, if we are trending down, how are you selling on the upturn?

Teehee

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
double post??? sowwy

[edit on 18-3-2009 by xoxo stacie]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

I hear ya! Took me 3 days to break down and use it. I don't like to be one to stifle another persons opinion; but when it gets me all riled up I have no choice.

I have learned so much more than I could have just from the books I got on it from a college near me. One thing I have noticed the books for economist's put very little emphasis on human nature or various environmental forms among different classes.
Strictly by the book with the only thing that counts being the companies thoughts etc. No room for the real world it would seem. Perhaps this is why so many of them are having problems with in the current climate we are experiencing. Not positive at this point but seems that it may be a great factor in their inability to straighten things out.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   

double post??? sowwy

[edit on 18-3-2009 by xoxo stacie]

Riled up?

Me posting gains of 40 percent in some cases based on charting gets you all riled up?

It should..

You must hate losing money when you are short this market..

You should keep reading those books you are checking out from your local library, perhaps take some notes on investor sentiment

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   

reply to post by whoshotJR

I have learned so much more than I could have just from the books I got on it from a college near me. One thing I have noticed the books for economist's put very little emphasis on human nature or various environmental forms among different classes.
Strictly by the book with the only thing that counts being the companies thoughts etc. No room for the real world it would seem. Perhaps this is why so many of them are having problems with in the current climate we are experiencing. Not positive at this point but seems that it may be a great factor in their inability to straighten things out.

Wow, personally I would like to know what books you have read?

Book of non-sense is what this reads.

Since you are ignoring me, it would please me if someone sent you my last few posts directed towards you..

This is why I am actively posting on this thread mostly..

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Fed Officials May Clash Over How to Inject Credit Into Shrinking Economy
www.bloomberg.com...

March 18 (Bloomberg) -- Federal Reserve policy makers will likely determine today that the U.S. recession is still deepening, while clashing on what to do about it.

Officials will debate how to provide further stimulus to the economy, from purchasing more mortgage bonds to buying Treasury securities. They’ll also keep the benchmark interest rate as low as zero percent, according to all 71 forecasters in a Bloomberg News survey.

At least three of the 17 top Fed officials want to buy Treasuries or target the supply of money, while Chairman Ben S. Bernanke has favored reviving specific credit markets. Central banks worldwide are grappling with how to set policy when rates are near zero; the Bank of England started buying government debt this month, and the Bank of Japan said today it would increase its purchases of sovereign bonds.

“There are big philosophical differences” among Fed policy makers, said Ethan Harris, co-head of economic research at Barclays Capital Inc. “Bernanke is on the very activist side, believing in active, aggressive policies. There are others who think policies should be much more limited, with minimal disruption in the operations of the free market.”

GE Capital Loss Lurking in Moscow Car Loans Coupled With U.S. Credit Cards
www.bloomberg.com...

March 18 (Bloomberg) -- General Electric Co.’s future may depend on folks like Yelena Zoshchenko.

GE Capital, the financial services unit of the world’s biggest maker of jet engines and power turbines, gave the Moscow real estate agent a car loan at a 15 percent interest rate in June 2007. Then the Russian currency collapsed.

“The banks here used to literally grab you by your lapels and ask you to borrow,” said Zoshchenko, 58. “But not since the crisis started.”

Sixteen months into a global recession triggered by a jump in defaults by U.S. home-loan borrowers, some investors doubt GE has a handle on GE Capital’s far-flung operations. Those include the world’s largest store-name credit card business and lending in Russia, where late mortgage payments to the company rose 28 percent in the fourth quarter. GE’s stock slumped 61 percent since Sept. 15.

GE Capital, the world’s largest non-bank finance company with consolidated assets of $637 billion, accounted for $8.6 billion, or 48 percent, of the Fairfield, Connecticut-based parent’s $18.1 billion profit from continuing operations last year. Chief Executive Officer Jeffrey Immelt has said he wants the division to contribute about 30 percent of annual profit.

Keith Sherin, GE’s chief financial officer, predicted in December that GE Capital would earn $5 billion this year, even after absorbing $10 billion of consumer-related losses, a view not shared by credit rating companies and analysts.

‘Too Optimistic’

“We’re not expecting any real earnings or cash flow from GE Capital this year or next year,” Robert Schulz, an analyst at Standard & Poor’s Rating Service, told Bloomberg Television on March 11. That day, S&P cut the parent company’s credit rating for the first time since 1956. The downgrade was one level, to AA+ from AAA.

Management’s outlook “remains substantially too optimistic,” Citigroup Global Markets equity analyst Jeffrey Sprague wrote in a March 10 note to clients. He estimated 2009 GE Capital earnings of $3 billion.
A couple headlines to mull over...

===
S&P 500 -0.70 774.60 3/18 2:29am
Fair Value 774.69 3/17 8:53pm
Difference* -0.09

NASDAQ -1.50 1188.75 3/17 11:30pm
Fair Value 1192.87 3/17 8:53pm
Difference* -4.12

Dow Jones -16.00 7338.00 3/18 1:40am

trending slightly lower...still a long time to open...

===
Nikkei 225 7,972.17 2:00AM ET 23.04 (0.29%)

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963

trending slightly lower...still a long time to open...

===
Nikkei 225 7,972.17 2:00AM ET 23.04 (0.29%)

HX_ whats up?

appreciate all the updates... but how much do you buy into futures that arent triple digits either way?

I would say minimal drop on the futures is quite bullish after a big rally..

On a side note : Who is that guy in your avatar? Everytime I look at him I get really weird thoughts

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

Just following the "mantra" of up to the minute...

I'm not speculating one way or the other about futures...just noting their trends and timeframe to open...

The Avatar? Borg Collective Hive Member Hx3_1963 of uni-junction 069...

Resistance is Futile...the Borg WILL Assimilate all...
(or TPTB...which ever comes first...)

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

No, I didnt say you were, but I was just inquiring if you did

@ avatar discussion : "obviously"

I was more of a star wars guy myself

Glad to see you havent ignored me yet, although I still dont know what I have done to merit the abuse here except for posting charts and insulting equally snide comments and challenging bad information..

EDIT : anyways, cross your fingers for another rally tomorrow, see u in the morning

new topics

top topics

<< 129  130  131    133  134  135 >>

join