It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Probability Of God's Existence

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by solomons path
The child or the mathematician: who's right? Both are right based on perspective, but there remains only one "truth".

There is only one who has claimed he is The Truth. Its up to you whether his asking in his way is something you percieve as a Truth in a way of life.

Originally posted by solomons path
However, staying on forensics, for a bit . . . this would tell us that the faithful coordinated these truths (not unlike suspects/witnesses colluding before interregation).

Yes, sticking to forensics, by definition which is the following:

fo·ren·sic [fuh-ren-sik] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation –adjective 1. pertaining to, connected with, or used in courts of law or public discussion and debate. 2. adapted or suited to argumentation; rhetorical.

Eye witness testimony is allowed in a court of law and is considered evidence is it not? But then you run into the below listed problem which casts an even more obscure light on the issues at hand. Self doubt.

Originally posted by TruthParadox
First of all, I know that even if I were to trust my OWN mind, nothing in the mind is absolute, and anything could be due to a million different factors in my brain which I know nothing of.
So how much less would I trust someone elses 'personal experiences'?

So you cant trust an eye witness, and you cant trust the inner workings of your own mind, much less trust someone else?

Its a no win. Even with eye witness evidence as the argument is reliant on personal experience.

Should any man ever believe another for a dream they had which they shared?

How can the words " I love you " be proven? Flowers or the words? What can one person give for they whom he loves other then his own life?

When Jesus Christ died for us, that was enough for me. He did not retract his statement or his teachings nor did the apostles. Many of them payed the ultimate price to their deaths telling of a truth that was undeniable.

Only one rose from the dead to show that what he said was in every way true. Whether you believe the eye witnesses or not is your own issue.

Peace

[edit on 21-10-2008 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by HIFIGUY
So you cant trust an eye witness, and you cant trust the inner workings of your own mind, much less trust someone else?

I was talking about absolute trust, because Christians say they know the truth 100% when I was pointing out that even if I had a personal experience, I would know that would not be proof because it could also be attributed to any number of things within my own mind.

Its a no win. Even with eye witness evidence as the argument is reliant on personal experience.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

How can the words " I love you " be proven? Flowers or the words? What can one person give for they whom he loves other then his own life?

This has to do with trust.

When Jesus Christ died for us, that was enough for me. He did not retract his statement or his teachings nor did the apostles. Many of them payed the ultimate price to their deaths telling of a truth that was undeniable.

That's fine and well because you choose to believe that.
The truth is we have no contemporary evidence that Jesus even existed.
Even if he did, there are stories written about real people with fairy-tale like elements. In short, there's absolutely no reason for me to believe in something with as much evidence as Paul Bunyan.

Whether you believe the eye witnesses or not is your own issue.

Do you consider yourself consistent?
Why do you not believe the eye witness testimonies of countless others which do not align with your current beliefs?
And why would you expect me to do what you yourself would not?

I'm just saying that anyone can produce meaningless words, but without evidence or a reason to believe, it means nothing.
If I preached to you about Zeus, it wouldn't mean anything, right?
What if I told you that my proof for Zeus is that his son Hercules came to Earth to be a mortal and suffer for us humans?
I'm sure you would say that's a bit silly, right?

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
In front of you is a door in which you are told that Jesus Christ is behind.. To open the door one must live the commands which he has set forth.

John 14
If you love me, you will obey what I command.

If you attempt to open the door without doing so, when you open the door you may not see anyone.

On the other hand, Jesus told us that if we do as he commanded, that he would show himself to us.

John 14
Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him."

Therefore same door, yields different results. Revelation for one man yields an empty door for another.

I have undertaken taken his path, and trust his words. His promise has shown to be true.

Peace

[edit on 21-10-2008 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
just because a belief gives you a comfort ,it does not mean it is the TRUTH

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by HIFIGUY

On the other hand, Jesus told us that if we do as he commanded, that he would show himself to us.

Going on Religious perspectives I don't believe this will happen as I have known many Christians and I was for a few years myself and yet I never saw Jesus show once. It may of been because I got sick of screaming his name for help and he never showed even when I did 'follow the rules'.

Now that I am completely spiritual I realize that Religion actually segregates and does not unite as Spirituality does and that I am on the right path. I dont have to use the 'respect religions' excuse to other races of people and go home and preach 'the true way' against them in private. The whole 'respect' thing is a mask to avoid the disputes over which one is the 'true one' and its a convenient way to dodge questions too.

Regarding Religion the one way I believe to solve the issues is to have one global Religion that way it would at least instill a common and shared belief. Somehow I think with the fanaticism of everyone picking a 'Religion Package' that suits them, this will never happen.

I also want to mention that God is subjected to whatever doctrine Religion puts on 'him' but in my belief 'god' is Universal Love, it has no form its is an Omnipresent Love. And the spirits on the Seventh Plane which I channel are the purest are representatives of Universal Love

[edit on 9-11-2008 by Drakiir]

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join