It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell Me What You See (if anything) ...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Hi Wytchy,
I found a TV programme from Isle of Skye, which contains the ghost car story I mentioned above, as well as some other nice paranormal stuff!
It's currently available to watch or download from the BBCi player:

Ghost Car story is at 2:50 in video, and again at 23:30 (Ghost Car and the Ferry)

Short Embedded Link to BBCi Player
Full Link In Case 1st One Doesn't Work!

From BBCi Player:

"Wonderland - Series 2
#2. The Ghostman of Skye

The Isle of Skye is a place marked out not just by its rugged Scottish beauty, but also by an extraordinarily high number of reports of ghost experiences. Local crofters, churchmen and policemen are among the myriad witnesses who claim to have seen a ghostchild, a headless woman, a strange light, or the island's most famous phantom - a ghost car that approaches before evaporating into the night.

With the memory of his deceased wife Nina still fresh in his mind, former missionary Donald Angus Maclean has set himself up as a collector of the island's ghost stories. As he investigates the strange and sometimes sinister tales, it's revealed that he too is haunted - not by visions of disappearing cars or headless women, but by the memory of his dead wife. (R)"

I hope that you find this useful/interesting?

cheers!
G

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I see the image of a ghost pointing down in the upper left. Appears to be a skull with long hair and a long bushy beard.

The bat signal

a mouseketeer

a few unfriendly faces.

Just another seemingly pointless picture, (as in what was the pic being taken for?) with a number of faint expressions do to several different factors such as lightng, tone, resulting in anomalies the mind trys to make sense of which is why many different thins can be seen.

Look at any picture and you will see something that isn't really there.

Some pics are just better examples of this than others. A great tool
in the promotion of the paranormal. Most of the time in these things

I end up describing several things in the pic the person didn't even see before I see what he is talking about. silly

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Hey there,

My son used to run this pub (The Black Swan - Kirkbymooreside - N. Yorks), living just up the road I used to go give him a hand sometimes and when he left I decided to take photographs in all the room (inc cellar) just to see if anything showed up.

The cellar pic came out very dark when I uploaded it to my computer and I didn't see the figure on the lefthand side until I lightened it in sepia.

'Was anyone hung there' ?

I don't know.

I can tell you that the pub was built around 1539 and was a coaching inn that had it's own brewry (as did many pubs at that time) added to the main building.

Many people (including myself) have seen a man wearing a wide brimmed hat and long cloak ... he has also been heard opening the back door of the pub then slamming it shut before you here clear footsteps walking briskly down the back corridor.

Both my son and myself had heard this on numerous occasions when in the pub alone and we'd both thought it was the other coming in ... only for no-one to be there.

I was also aware of him standing in the doorway watching me when I was cleaning up along with a bubbly young girl around by the inglenook (I think she must have worked there), dressed in 16th century clothes.

I had never seen/felt the girl in the cellar until she was picked-up by the photograph.

I am still trying to find out if any of the locals know who ran the pub or worked there during the 40's - 50's.

Woody

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Gordi The Drummer

Ok Gordi I had a look at the photograph and it's full to the brim with images but the ones that stand out more clearly than the others are;

1/ To the right of the picture the brown mark on the rock looks like a shaven-headed figure facing left and strumming a guitar (badly)

2/ Directly behind him I see a long-necked alien head looking at the camera

3/ And directly below him I the green moss on the rock looks like the greenman

I can also see several birds and a couple of dragon-like creatures ... if I spent longer looking I'm sure I'd see much more ... it would make a good picture to meditate on.

Wytchy

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Thanks Wytchy!

I was hoping that you'd see lots!
and... some that I haven't seen yet too, brilliant!!!

Here are a couple of examples of what I've found... can you I.D. what I see???

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/84f4eab5c2a7.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0c8922733772.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0188680037ad.jpg[/atsimg]

The full size, hi-res version of the main photo can be found on the webshots website:

Link to the image on webshots

Thanks so much for taking the time to look at this!!

G

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Well the first shot looks (to me) like a chestnut horse wearing a studded bridle/harness ... the second looks like the greenman/pan with the light reflecting in his right eye ... the third looks like a small 'grey' or imp

What do you see ?

Wytchy

[edit on 1-12-2009 by woodwytch]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch

Well the first shot looks (to me) like a chestnut horse wearing a studded bridle/harness ... the second looks like the greenman/pan with the light reflecting in his right eye ... the third looks like a small 'grey' or imp

What do you see ?
Wytchy
[edit on 1-12-2009 by woodwytch]

1st one Exactly the same!! Chestnut horse... foal maybe? with studded harness.
2nd one - Yes!! my description would be a mans face, pointed beard, glint in his right eye, hood maybe?? But Pan fits very well too!!
3rd one - Now this is interesting! I see TWO things, which tend to swap when I tilt my laptop screen, or change my viewing angle. When my screen is tilted towards me, I see a beautiful girl looking straight at me, with long flowing blonde hair, but with screen tilted away... I see a bald headed grey type face, looking to my right and it looks almost like it's screaming. BUT Other people have seen different characters too, in this one small cropped image.

There are literally dozens of other faces, animals, demons etc that are visible in the original photo. Now here is the weird(er) bit... I had heard about the ability of the mind to create recognisable images from random patterns, like faces in the clouds etc Damn I forget the name of that now... anyway I decide to test this by turning the photo upside down! If it's just the mind "creating" images from random patterns, then I should still be able to see loads of them in the upside down pic right???
No.
I spent 20 minutes straight, analysing every square cm of the photo, and couldn't find a single recognisable "image". I then tried it on its' side... same result! I can only find faces, animals, demons etc when the photo is the correct way up!!!!
What is that all about???? Is this for real??? I KNOW that the photo is, because I took it. But why can I only see things when the photo is oriented correctly??? Does that mean that the images are themselves REAL? If so... what are they? How did they get there? WHy are there so many??? Why are men, spirits, animals, demonic figures etc all there in that place???
I'm going to open a nice bottle of red now!
Peace,
G

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Thank you for the additional information. I find this very interesting. I've never even been near a place that old. That's haunting in itself. Remember how "new" the U.S. is, compared to you guys.

..And you've been an eye witness to an apparition. Would you share how you felt? Was it heart pounding, and fear, or what was your reaction?

Also, do you see what I see? Does it look to you as though a man is hanging?

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
So, after looking around (With out reading any of this at first.) I saw something that caught my eye in the upper left corner. I changed the pic to grey-scale, cropped down just the 'important' area, did a negative image, then edited the brightness and contrast (-58, -11) This is what I got.
[x]

In my opinion, it appears to be someone in a skirt/dress with the right arm tucked behind their back or at their side, with the left around the bottom of their stomach. The figure appears to be looking to their right, with their hair cast over their left shoulder.

This, of course, is just my opinion on it after the above mentioned edits.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Hey there L.i.W,

I didn't feel scared at all ... I've seen/sensed spirits since I was a very little girl so I tend to be used to it now. Having said that if I ever think I've seen something and I do feel spooked ... I know from experience that it's just my imagination kicking in ... however, if I see/sense something and feel very calm (even if it's a negative energy) then I know it's real.

This technique has never let me down yet.

I'm not a nervy type when it comes to anything paranormal ... as a part-time ghost-hunter I tend to feel more excited when something happens.

Even poltergeist activity rarely means it's something bad. Quite often a spirit/ghost may have been trying to attract attention for some time and resorts to being noisy out of sheer frustration.

On the rare occasions you do come across something not nice the worse thing you can do is allow it to know you're scared ... thats when they mess with your mind.

Woody

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by LysanderFPX

Dammit the link isn't working and I'd be really interested to see the image that you speak of.

Does anyone know how to fix this ?

Woody

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Now that's an interesting concept ... I've never thought to look at any of my images upside down before (but I will now).

It's said that stone ... particularly granite holds memories (like a photograph or recording) if this is correct then maybe the images are real insomuch that they reflect things long gone.

Just a thought.

Woody

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

On the right side of the pic there is a man standing with his hands clasped in front of his chest, facing directly at the camera. At first it looked like a sarcofagus (sp). There is a light completely surrounding the figure. Very eerie!

Editing to say: prior to posting this I had not read any other posts. Seeing the image made my heart jump.

[edit on 3-12-2009 by siouxm]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I don't know if you answered this already, but could you perhaps go back down there and turn more lights on and snap another shot in that area? When I first saw the pic I was drawn to the rights side.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by KEMIK

I wish I could ... unfortunately my son doesn't run the place anymore and it's been turned into an up-market Indian Eatery (damn shame it's lost so much character and quaintness).

I doubt they'd appreciate me scaring of the affluent clientelle by tryng to snap pics of the resident ghosts.

Sorry

Woody

The light-source in the picture came from a single uncovered lightbulb (no natural light down in the cellar at all)

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TravelerintheDark

I saw that too, straight away

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I'll attempt to embed the picture I posted the link to before.

Also, after looking at it some more, I think I changed my opinion.

It appears to be a person walking away, their back to the camera.
the bottom right end of the image seems to be a raised foot, while the other is solid on the ground. The darker spot in the middle of the 'body' appears to be an arm coming down, and the one adjacent to it seems to be one coming up, as if someone was moving their arms as they would while jogging. The lighter spot above that would be the hair. I can work on colorizing the areas to show what I mean.

:::EDIT:::

Colorized copy

[edit on 4-12-2009 by LysanderFPX]

[edit on 4-12-2009 by LysanderFPX]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Hi Woodwytch

Interesting photo,,even more interesting is that only a couple actually saw the same as myself and hopefully Ive done the pics right for you to see.I turned the pic a few times and yet still saw the same evil looking face.

Obviosly Ive outlined the faces I see,,the pic with 3 faces on,I thought the middle one looked more like an alien face,,the face being at the bottom and head really big.

Well here they are

First pic

2nd pic

3rd pic

4th pic

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Alienmindflare

WOW!!!

That's crazy!!

But even crazier I don't see an ugly face I see a ghost praying or something like that. LOOK!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/53bb8d3db384.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

THAT's very like what I saw Izzy!

To me there was a strange banding around the lower part of the... robe too?

I love interesting photos like this!

(Did you see anything in my photo, in an earlier post here??)
G

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join