It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The members petition censorship by THE ATS MANAGEMENT

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
This thread is being created at a final act of desperation on behalf of the members to petition the management against an increasing tyranny of censorship which has insidiously sabotaged the original ATS spirit of freedom of information at this site.

We, the members of ATS, hereby draw the line at censorship of any kind which prohibits any content *not* in violation of United States federal and state laws.

We wish to adhere to the true spirit of the Original ATS which inspired freedom of thought and inquiry. Our signatures to this thread accordingly attest to our intent to break away from ATS and to form FreeAboveTopSecret.COM if this tyranny is not addressed in a fair and reasonable manner between the ATS Management and those signed.

This is in direct response to the management dictating what content is an "annoyance" and shall be censored.

Signed,
ATS4dummies

All members who wish send a message of unity to the management of ATS, please add to the post below. Thank you.

[edit on 14-10-2008 by ATS4dummies]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ATS4dummies

Good luck with this one....I just thought I would make comment before the thread is closed.

We, the members of ATS, hereby draw the line at censorship of any kind which prohibits any content *not* in violation of United States federal and state laws.

Why are only the US laws to be considered. This site has contibutions from an international membership so 'laws' from all countries should be given consideration in terms of offensiveness etc.

the original ATS spirit of freedom of information at this site

I have note been around as long as some members so I do not know how things were 'in the days of old' but in the 10 months I have ben here I have noticed changes. Evolution is inevitible.

our intent to break away from ATS and to form FreeAboveTopSecret.COM

Who will create, maintain and operate this site?

It is probably not my place to make these comments but this is how I feel and in the spirit of this site I feel that I can express this. Sure there are some issues that arise, and I have had my share of grievances and am sure I will have more issues in the future over different things as they arise, but I moved on in the past and will move on again when it happens next time. Just remember that you cannot please EVERYONE all the time.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I was just thinking that.

Why all the censorship, site dedicated to truth? Can we ever have truth by being censored in any way?

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ATS4dummies
This thread is being created at a final act of desperation on behalf of the members to petition the management against an increasing tyranny of censorship which has insidiously sabotaged the original ATS spirit of freedom of information at this site.

Freedom of Information - We have no freedom. We are members of a site that we don't Pay for. We are members of a site, that is privately owned and regulated. Yes there are rules, but we agreed to those when we signed up. We agreed to abide by the T&C. My dad used to tell me, "Don't bite the hand that feeds you." Do you have examples of censorship, that might gain some support on this issue?

I don't believe that ATS is a USA site exclusively, wasn't it founded over in Europe? (Simon?) Why should USA laws govern this website?

Ultimately (and I have used this analogy before) we are given a playground to play in. The Owners and Operators of ATS have designed a place where people can discuss alternative topics. The builders of the playground have given us rules to abide by... If we don't like the rules, we don't have to play in the sandbox.

- Carrot

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I really do not see what your fuss is about this. As far as I can tell, the only things ATS has censored are the ridiculous reptilian threads and people posting 50 threads on the same exact issue. As far as I'm concerned, the owners of ATS pay the bills to bring you this website and all of its content, so they have the right to censor anything they want. C'mon guys, choose your battles, this is just silly. If you want to post something that is supposedly censored by ATS, post it on another forum..

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
VIKINGANT has predictive abilities greater than Blossom Goodchild

Some more appropriate places to post:

Freedom of Speech Thread

...or...

ATS Issue Thread

...or...

Send a Complaint/Suggestion

*locked*

[edit on 14-10-2008 by alien]

new topics