It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jedi Courts next?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

No, a sharia court cannot grant a divorce to any (every) kind of marriage.

In the kinds of marriages that it CAN grant a divorce in, the couple would be divorced by normal UK laws as well.

An Islamic marriage contract does not have any strict definition, since there is no fixed text. The whole point of a contract is that it is a written agreement- whatever has been agreed to will be included. I suppose a general definition would have it be a contract between a muslim man and woman, where they agree to a certain type of relationship.

[edit on 23-10-2008 by babloyi]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by babloyi

In the kinds of marriages that it CAN grant a divorce in, the couple would be divorced by normal UK laws as well.
so it can grant a legally binding divorce within its own powers as an arbitration tribunal

An Islamic marriage contract does not have any strict definition, since there is no fixed text. *snip*. I suppose a general definition would have it be a contract between a muslim man and woman, where they agree to a certain type of relationship.

is this marriage a recognised marriage under uk law ? that will give both parties new rights and obligations and change thier legal status?

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

Originally posted by noobfun
so it can grant a legally binding divorce within its own powers as an arbitration tribunal

I believe technically the granting of legally binding divorce falls under it's function as a civil court rather than an arbitration tribunal, but yea.

Originally posted by noobfun
is this marriage a recognised marriage under uk law ? that will give both parties new rights and obligations and change thier legal status?

Isn't it? Are you asking me? Or is this all leading up to some major point?

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
now a legally binding marriage in uk law is any legally binding agreement between 2 people(usually but not exclusivley) a man and a woman that changes both thier legal status and rights and obligations regardles of where the marriage was undertaken or what ceremony was used as long as it complied with the legal guide lines

this includes marriage in places of religeon as well as cival ceremonies carried out in licensed places

now sharia law courts can grant a divorce to a legally binding wedding(sharia) but not to any other form of legally binding wedding why?

Isn't it? Are you asking me? Or is this all leading up to some major point?
just bieng thurough

[edit on 23/10/08 by noobfun]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

Why? What do you mean why? Because it is not applicable. Because marriages outside of a shariah court are not the responsibility of the sharia court. Because the UK legal system supercedes the sharia court.

Why can't I go and have my ulcer diagnosed by a heart doctor? Why?! Why?!

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
How can movie parameters be a religion???

Most religions are corrupt yet, Yoda would be a great leader!

So, can anyone can make up a religion or, do they have to become a successful writer/director?

All this is very odd to me...

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by IMAdamnALIEN

It could have been anything for the census.

We could have decided on
"Plankton worshippers" or
"The church of the coming of the great white hankie"

As long as enough people wrote it in the religion box,it had to be recognised as an official religion.

Hey don't blame us,blame politics for being so boring.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

becasue a heart doctor doesnt deal with ulcers

criminal law courts dont deal with civil law matters

so why does a civil law court/tribunal not deal with civil law matters

i can only have a sharia sanctioned wedding if i am muslim and am marrying another muslim (nothing wrong here same goes for roman catholic or jewish wedding)

but i can only get a divorce in a sharia law court(remeber its a legal tribunal that can carry out certain cilvil duties) if i have a sharia sanctioned wedding

it is a part of the british legal system that i cannot access unless i fall within a certain religeous group

this goes against british law and discriminates against none muslims

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMAdamnALIEN
do they have to become a successful writer/director?

no not at all Hubbard was a writer and brought us the church of scientology

all you need to be a religeon is some form of higher power and enough people to believe it .. although there are some things to avoid to stop your self becoming a cult which is bad apparently

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
That crap is pathetic.

One county, one JUSTICE SYSTEM.
Does UK seriously have Sharia courts?
Not trying to offend anyone but.. that's pathetic.

I know here in Australia aboriginal customary law is practiced in the Northern territory but that's kinda... different.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

Sorry, there is no discrimination going on. It is all in your imagination. Insofar as a divorce is "a man and a woman that changes both thier legal status and rights and obligations regardles of where the divorce was undertaken or what ceremony was used as long as it complied with the legal guide lines" (a slight changing of your very own words), you are not being discriminated against in the least, and all rights that would have been applicable to through sharia court would be applicable to you.

[edit on 23-10-2008 by babloyi]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by WishForWings

I know here in Australia aboriginal customary law is practiced in the Northern territory but that's kinda... different.

Yeah,you can respect that because they were there first.

As far as I know Muslims haven't 'invaded' or 'conquered' UK so why would it be right to start messing with the standing 'Law of the Land'

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

the point is once a sharia law court becomes a legally binding entity as 5 of them have become they stop bieng sharia law courts and become part of the british legal system

they become sharia based civil law courts and as such have to conform to the tennets of british law which means the must allow access regardless of race religeon etc

as a part of the british law system that can grant a divorce to legally binding marriages they have to accept aplications from all british citizens that agree to abide by the tribunal regardless of yes you guessed it race/religeon/financial situation like the rest of the british legal system it has become

in exactly the same way the jewish courts cannot refuse my request to use them within the aspects of law they have a legal right to judge over

it isnt the case that shariah law cant superced normal british law, now it has taken on a legal status it has become part of normal british law

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
If you guys worship Yoda and not worship his creator who has a white beard and has created lots of different lifeforms and planets, is that not wrong in not worshipping the Lucus? Are you not comitting adultary and worshipping his creations rather than the creator? its like worshipping a Tree and an Oblisk but not the God who made all things.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

no no no yoda is just the prophet of the religeon who brings the message and the truth of the the force

and as the force is not a beard wearing creator/controler bieng but a force of nature like gravity then it is actually a religeon with no specific being to worship

hence why i can be a atheist jedi ^_^ well thats my spin on it and if anyone says differently ill just change the name a bit but say im basically the same religeon

and it would only be

adultary
if i was having an affair with lucas's wife or with lucas himself

idolatry i think is what you meant ^_^

[edit on 23/10/08 by noobfun]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord is that not wrong in not worshipping the Lucus? Are you not comitting adultary and worshipping his creations rather than the creator?

Ahhh ..Idolatry!!

I was trying to figure out whose wife was up for grabs in this arrangement

The great Lucas is Omnipotent..Overlord of the alternate universe of the 'Raiders' too.

But in the same way 'God' created the Abrahamic tribes,you get to pick which one you want to follow.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
this whole we want our own legal court

and its gonan backfire by becoming part of british law reminded me of a video i watched lol

uk.youtube.com...

special treatment backfires often it seems

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Jedi courts, favourable to us they are. Annulments Catholics do do, and it needs a registry too. Yoda, short time is, height has he, in the land of faith, but lawyers mind tricks he can do.

Conclusion in the end is Jedi faith, Yoda wants to be, us.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join