It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ancient civilisations - the piri reis map

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
piri reis has drawn his map not by travelling, but by sitting in the library of constantinople

this map is a fascinating evidence that some very ancient and unknown civilisations were very advanced

www.world-mysteries.com...

The Controversy The Piri Reis map shows the western coast of Africa, the eastern coast of South America, and the northern coast of Antarctica. The northern coastline of Antarctica is perfectly detailed. The most puzzling however is not so much how Piri Reis managed to draw such an accurate map of the Antarctic region 300 years before it was discovered, but that the map shows the coastline under the ice. Geological evidence confirms that the latest date Queen Maud Land could have been charted in an ice-free state is 4000 BC.

why official science is ignoring such facts ? is there a problem in rewriting pre-history ?

The official science has been saying all along that the ice-cap which covers the Antarctic is million years old. The Piri Reis map shows that the northern part of that continent has been mapped before the ice did cover it. That should make think it has been mapped million years ago, but that's impossible since mankind did not exist at that time. Further and more accurate studies have proven that the last period of ice-free condition in the Antarctic ended about 6000 years ago. There are still doubts about the beginning of this ice-free period, which has been put by different researchers everything between year 13000 and 9000 BC.

why this kind of facts (the piri reis map is not unique, some other ancient map are also completely staggering), remained in the shadow?

i mean after this century of banksterism it's not that paranoid to believe that "they" are hiding things on this subjects also

In 1953, a Turkish naval officer sent the Piri Reis map to the U.S. Navy Hydrographic Bureau. To evaluate it, M.I. Walters, the Chief Engineer of the Bureau, called for help Arlington H. Mallery, an authority on ancient maps, who had previously worked with him.
After a long study, Mallery discovered the projection method used. To check out the accuracy of the map, he made a grid and transferred the Piri Reis map onto a globe: the map was totally accurate. He stated that the only way to draw map of such accuracy was the aerial surveying: but who, 6000 years ago, could have used airplanes to map the earth??

The Hydrographic Office couldn't believe what they saw: they were even able to correct some errors in the present days maps!!
The precision on determining the longitudinal coordinates, on the other hand, shows that to draw the map it was necessary to use the spheroid trigonometry, a process supposedly not know until the middle of 18th century.

www.world-mysteries.com... fascinating article

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Very good post. With all this hustle and bustle about the stock markets I wonder if any other important news is happening that just can't make headlines.

This map has been known about for quite some time and I substitute regularly and wonder if the students at the school even get this kind of knowledge to get their brains thinking instead of being zombie-fied by who won dancing with the stars or who is Paris Hilton's new bff.

Great post, I would star and flag if I could.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
The map shows Antarctica as firmly connected to South America. It wasn't, and isn't. The magenta outline is how the map shows the coastline.

The map does not acurately depict the coast of Antarctica, with or without ice.

The map shows mountains in the interior of South America. There are none.
North America is not at all accurate.

Science is ignoring the map because, while interesting, there is nothing particularly revealing about it. It is no more accurate than most maps of the time (16th century). And it reveals no "hidden" knowledge.

The Piri Reis Map

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
The Piri Reis map is a pretty cool old map, but let's not get all Hapgooded out about it. It's been debunked pretty well by a number of map experts. Check out:

www.mcwetboy.net...
www.uwgb.edu...
xoomer.alice.it...

[edit on 11-10-2008 by Nohup]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Regardless, I firmly believe that ancient advanced civilisations,who were technologically advanced, perhaps more so than us existed, thousands, perhaps hundreds of thousandsof years ago.

Im almost convinced that an advanced race of humans lived in the truly ancient past, and perhaps had already ventured out into the heavens, maybe its their ruins on mars we see, but they were wiped out by something or maybe someone, speculation yes, but considering the evidence, I would say fair speculation

Check out these links for a start.

Ancient Advanced Civilisation Evidence

Ancient Advanced Civilisation evidence2

Anyone wants more, Ill post more.

[edit on 11-10-2008 by Outlawstar]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Outlawstar

I want! Post more!

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWayISeeIt
reply to post by Outlawstar

I want! Post more!

Ask and you shall recieve^___^
Enjoy

Ancient Civilisation Evidence

Ancient Weapons Tehcnology Evidence

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
ok, read, looking like a debunk
although the part about the rivers supposedly shown on the map in antartica is not mentionned.

Originally posted by Phage
The map shows Antarctica as firmly connected to South America. it wasn't

is there any real evidence that it was never ?

beside, by looking quickly and on a large scale at evolution of ancient civilisations in america,
it seems that,
the oldest they are, the most advanced they are
the oldest they are the most at the south they live

just like if they had been regressing over time,
and moving/colonising from south to north

is there any real proof that america was populated from the north and not from the south, as this two simple facts suggest strongly ?

[edit on 11-10-2008 by ::.mika.::]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   
For all of this, there is no concrete evidence. If you can still make a counter argument, the proof is not strong enough. I feel like ancient civilizations were more advanced than we give them credit for, but I don't think they reached space. They would have had to make more footprints that could be more noticeable than what we have. Even worldwide disasters couldn't really wipe them away so well as they have obviously been wiped away. We know the egyptians existed because of the massive amount of information about them from others, information from them, the remains of buildings, writings, art, and in a way culture and influence. I've heard that the pyramids were built by advanced knowledge, which is why pyramids in south america are so similar. All that proves is that the pyramids are similar. It makes sense as well, considering that the pyramid is the sturdiest, easiest to built on a large scale without a crane shape you have. If you want advancement, find me an ancient building that was an upside down pyramid, that would be impossible for them.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Thewayshemoves

well that's impossible for us to build those pyramids...

if proof there are that america was colonised from south then they must be beneath the ice, in antartica, noway to find right now, let's wait it melts down hmmm

at the contrary from the north there should be some trace to find, but there aren't...
(the outcome of this hypothesis being that it was an emergency exit from antartica)

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ::.mika.::
reply to post by Thewayshemoves

well that's impossible for us to build those pyramids...

if proof there are that america was colonised from south then they must be beneath the ice, in antartica, noway to find right now, let's wait it melts down hmmm

at the contrary from the north there should be some trace to find, but there aren't...
(the outcome of this hypothesis being that it was an emergency exit from antartica)

Why would it be impossible for us to build those pyramids?

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
i'm sure we can model them on small scales, cf the pyramide of the louvre in paris (sarcasm)

i'm no architect but for giza we don't have the technology for,
too massive, too high, too remote

how you first create then bring upthere all those square rocks is full mystery: we don't have a clue, we have theories with big limitations in term of realism but not a clue of evidence.

we could mention machu pichu also, we would not be able either to realize such a construction, that is sitting at the top of an unaccessible mountain with reefs all around.

we have Edward Leedskalnin with his coral castle and magnetic currant though that may have found something

en.wikipedia.org...

www.leedskalnin.com...

[edit on 13-10-2008 by ::.mika.::]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ::.mika.::

Originally posted by Phage
The map shows Antarctica as firmly connected to South America. it wasn't

is there any real evidence that it was never ?

At one point - 180,000,000 years ago - Antarctica was indeed connected to South America. But in those days, both continents were also still connected to Africa .....

There is some question as to when exactly the Drake Passage formed - but it'd been there at least 30 million years and probably somewhat longer.

www.eurekalert.org...

www.sciencedaily.com...

antarcticsun.usap.gov...

However, the Piri Re'is map does raise the interesting possibility that the Portuguese visited Argentina several years earlier than officially recorded. Unless Re'is lied?

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
We have a lot of threads on this map already, and it's our policy to ask members to please post to existing threads unless there's some brand new information on the topic (i.e., a news story dated to within the past 2 months or so.)

Could you please add to one of the existing threads? I'm closing this one.

join