It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Be Cool People!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
All this new trouble in the world is fake. At least for the people who created it on purpose. I guarantee you that these sleaze bag bankers are working an angle and have no intention of losing one ill-gotten penny.

They want us to panic so they can sell us a bill of goods that we would never accept under other circumstances. Don't panic!!! Be cool!!! Chill!!! Call their bluff!!!

How far will they go? Who knows? I hate to admit that I'm curious to find out.

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 10/10/2008 by Gools]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Honestly, I am not sure that what is currently happening is going to have much impact on the average individual. However, I will say this, they are doing a good job of instilling a bunch of fear in people.

[edit on 10-10-2008 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
And for the life of me, I can't figure out how these events are coincidental.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Congratulations on thread 400,000.

BE COOL PEOPLE!!!

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread400000/pg1

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
as we passed post # 5 million today we also hit the 400,000th thread with this one.

nice catch Ian and congrats Mean Red Spider for being the 400k

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
my only scare here is when its all said and done we only have one bank one gas station one grocery store.. and they control the prices because we have no other sources. they have complete control and so they get richer and we get poorer.

but i dunno, thats just a thought i talked about at work the other day.

other than that, im trying to keep my cool. after all... no matter what happens.. not much we can do??

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
It does seem like a classic "Problem-Reaction-Solution" set-up. And you're right in believing that the richest of the rich will not lose one bit of power. Quite the contrary, as a matter of course.

I received a form email from one of my Senators the other day. In it, she admits that this financial collapse "is not an accident."

I wonder if TPTB'll forget that statement in four years when she's up for re-election...

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by lushyslushy

That's the fear I have with all of the mergers that have been going on. Sometimes I think everything is turning into one huge conglomerate. If that happens, they can charge and do anything they wish.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Honestly, I am not sure that what is currently happening is going to have much impact on the average individual. However, I will say this, they are doing a good job of instilling a bunch o fear in people.

[edit on 10-10-2008 by SpeakerofTruth]

I keep saying it over and over, it is vital that people do not handle this or other situation with fear. Fear is what causes panic and chaos and that will definately lead to a martial law being enacted.

Instead of focusing on what those instigators of fear are saying, ask yourselves this.."well I wonder what I could do to prevent their little game from affecting me and my ability to keep alive and my family alive".

Many have called us survivalists a bunch of crackpots, and other worse things, and have always said we are preparing for nothing. I have heard it all before over the last 10 years, and fortunately I did not listen to a single one. I have been preparing for over 20 years and Im glad I didnt listen to the "think they know it all's". Because some of them are here at this forum and manyh others doing all the screaming and crying wolf wondering what the heck are they going to do now!!!! And its nice to return the favor they gave to us in the past and say.."you should have listend to us back then....now..see who has the last laugh and who is crazy".

Now the first step to overcome the fear and to survive and get through a collapse is to say to yourself.."I wont listen to their BS anymore and I will start listening to myself!" Get started learning about survival techniques and start planning for your survival supplies and follow through with it!

If anyone expects government to "fix" a problem they created...your better off and more guaranteed of a for sure thing by standing in front of a speeding locomotive. Government, none of the candiates for president, congress or anyone else is going to fix a problem that puts endless amounts of money into their pockets. They just add to it so it puts even more into their pockets and call it a fix or solution or more recently buzz word.."bailout".

Americans should have more faith in themselves than this!!!!

And Americans have a much stronger backbone than what has been displayed in some of the posts and threads in this forum.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
It's easy for me to be cool because my bank account is already empty. Who ever thought that being broke would be good for my state of mind? I guess Janis Joplin sang the truth when she sang "Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose".

Perhaps I'm a fool but these are the first truly interesting times I've lived through. I swear to God, I feel more alive today than yesterday. Who knows how it's gonna end? Maybe I'll come to regret my smugness today, but I'm truly curious.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Add to that the devaluation of currencies world-wide, the burgeoning brothel we colloquially call "Congress" [ha.], and a NWO agenda that, by all appearances, seems well on its way...

I say cherish your family and friends. Loved ones are all we ever truly have, anyhow.

This summer, I ran the gamut of visceral reactions to this mad, Mad World we've found ourselves in, if not of.

But the OP's right on the money...with the 400,000th thread, no less! We all may as well maintain our cool for as long as possible.

It's going to get worse before it gets better. And that's the optimist in me speaking!

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Its alot easier to think things through with a "cool" head than it is to try to resolve a problem with a "hot" head.

The answers are simple, the techniques are simple, the task is simple, and the results are far more long term than going crazy and possibly ending up dead long before your time.

And if people keep letting the fear mongers put fear into them, then they have already lost and most likely will not pull through the first couple of days of a collapse.

Its your choice people. Learn to live and live to tell your grandkids about it.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
There is more power in loving the people you love than in hating the people you hate. I said Be Cool, I should have said Love Love Love!!!!

And keep your head on a swivel.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by lushyslushy

This is a feeling I have been having also. I just could not put my finger on it.

I believe this was finalized earlier this year.

Can we all say: STATE RUN BANK!

STATE RUN GAS STATION!

STATE RUN GROCERY STORE!

VTXTASY

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
as we passed post # 5 million today we also hit the 400,000th thread with this one.

nice catch Ian and congrats Mean Red Spider for being the 400k

And thank you Mean Red Spider for making it one with a meaningful message, too. It's one I needed to hear.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I totally agree with the poster. I have learned about all their scare tactics and manufactured fear mongering. Fear is: F-alse E-vidence A-ppearing R-eal!
They love to make people scared. Don't fall into it. Like it says.
Be Cool

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Or "F Everything And Run!!!"

You're right, in all seriocity. The Fear Industry is cranking, stronger than ever. But even FDR was able to see the ephemeral, unreal nature of "fear."

top topics

join