It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

B-25 Mystery Search Picks Up Again In Monongahela River

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   

It's The Loch Ness Monster Mystery Of Pittsburgh.

Source

Is a B-25 bomber that crashed in the Monongahela River in 1956 still there, or was it removed under darkness by the government? This week, a research group is once again trying to answer that question.

The B-25 Recovery Group has been researching the issue since 1994. This weekend, it will return to the water to search again.

The mystery of the B-25 wreckage has endured for more than 50 years.

The plane, with a crew of six airmen, took off from a Nevada air base on Jan. 31, 1956. After stops in Oklahoma and Michigan, the crew headed for Olmstead Air Force Bass in Harrisburg.

But with the aircraft running low on fuel, pilot Maj. William Dotson decided to ditch into the river.

The crewman survived the impact, according to the survivors. Four men were rescued, but two crewmen went under. Their bodies were recovered two weeks after the crash.

I found this line quite interesting...

Since then the mystery has grown, sparking theories about secret cargo, UFOs and government cover-ups.

I had never heard of this until now. How about you, what are your thoughts on this ?

Could the goverment really have went in and gotten this plane without anyone noticing? What was on board?

[edit on 10-10-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Here is the website of the search group.

www.sennex.com...

Says based on findings they no longer think it was taken away.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
..and by the way...

GO STEELERS!

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
B-25 Mystery Search Picks Up Again In Monongahela River www.wpxi.com...

this is artical about the recovery efforts it says at the very end the search will continue on friday and saturday well its now sunday night and havent heard a thing. Is this the start of another cover up Hmmmm.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

I firmly believe that the B-25 was removed that night. People claimed that they were eyewitnesses to it being recovered, taken apart and trucked away. I don't believe that there was any exotic cargo or passengers. It was probably some government regulation about releasing any information. If any part(s) of the B-25 are recovered, they probably came off during the crash or initial attempts to hook onto the wreckage.

I may be wrong but I don't think you can lose a plane as large as a B-25 in a river the width and depth of the Monongahela. If they didn't find it then, and it's still there, it was an incompetent search effort.

Ramjet

top topics

join