It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lieberman Calls Obama 'Naïve,' May Bolt Party in Future

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Source:

www.newsmax.com...

Sen. Barack Obama’s “naïve” world view could embolden America’s enemies during one of the most dangerous periods for America since the 1930s, U.S. Sen. Joseph Lieberman told Newsmax in an exclusive television sit-down interview Tuesday.

Lieberman, visiting Fort Lauderdale, Fla., also told Newsmax that he is so disappointed with the Democratic Party, he will consider whether to bolt the Democratic Senate caucus next session.

Give'em hell Joe!

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I've disagreed with Lieberman on many things in my lifetime, but this isn't one of them. I'm glad to see him sticking to his guns and standing up for what he thinks is right.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Funny how right wingers will commend a pro-gay marriage and pro-abortion senator, as long as he throws dirt on Obama. That's some principles, my friends. Truly reaching across the aisle.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Lieberman is so bought it sickens me. He is the epitome of an out of touch politician. Cheney is still a worse vice president than Lieberman would have been had the conservatives responsible not cheated.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I don't care anything about reaching across the aisle. I admitted I have disagreed with Lieberman on many things, but I admire him for standing on principle.

I don't have to agree 100% with someone to like them.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
I admitted I have disagreed with Lieberman on many things, but I admire him for standing on principle.

Wait wait wait, Lieberman should be considered by you (and by standards of the current campaign) as having no principles in the first place.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
How so?

I realize this is a direct question and you'll probably dodge it as usual, but you never know.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Maybe Sen Lieberman is worried when a top Hamas political adviser Ahmed Yousef endorses Obama.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
'naive' to Lieberman means Obama is not telling him what he wants to hear. What would most likely make Lieberman happy and put him squarely in Obama's camp would be if Obama said that he would nuke Iran, Syria, Lebanon and send troops in to force all Palestinians out of Jeruselem and into the desert. That, in my opinion, would make Obama less 'naive' to Lieberman. Just my opinion.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

Naive may refer to the number of anti-semites associated with Barack Obama, like Samantha Powers who once advocated invading Israel or Louis Farakhan.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
'naive' to Lieberman means Obama is not telling him what he wants to hear. What would most likely make Lieberman happy and put him squarely in Obama's camp would be if Obama said that he would nuke Iran, Syria, Lebanon and send troops in to force all Palestinians out of Jeruselem and into the desert. That, in my opinion, would make Obama less 'naive' to Lieberman. Just my opinion.

Quite so! Here's what Lieberman had to say:

I believe he’s naïve to think that people like [Mahmoud] Ahmadinejad and Tehran will somehow become America’s friends by talking to them — a warm embrace and a cup of tea. It’s not going to work that way,” said Lieberman

Thing is, Obama never said about warm embrace or anything, but simply referred to diplomatic channels. So Lieberman is lying through his teeth. He's in the camp of radical Jews and anything but that would sound "naive" to him. What a POS.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I loathe Lieberman and he is a Democrat only for convenience's sake and frankly good riddance to him--why doesn't he just join the GOP and stop this endless, tiresome dance-of-egotism and get it over with?

Oh, because then no one would give a rat's behind about him.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Originally posted by jtma508

Quite so! Here's what Lieberman had to say:

I believe he’s naïve to think that people like [Mahmoud] Ahmadinejad and Tehran will somehow become America’s friends by talking to them — a warm embrace and a cup of tea. It’s not going to work that way,” said Lieberman

Thing is, Obama never said about warm embrace or anything, but simply referred to diplomatic channels. So Lieberman is lying through his teeth. He's in the camp of radical Jews and anything but that would sound "naive" to him. What a POS.

I know blame the joooous. Always the jews.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Case in point, Lieberman presented a distorted and frankly, nonsensical intepretation of Obama's views on Iran, and that's just a dishonest and unbecoming act.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mabus325

Don't try and paint me as an anti-semite. You don't know me from Adam. I don't care if Lieberman was promoting England, Sudan, Chile or Canada. His political interests are 'them first'. I don't give a rats a$$ who 'them' is. It's about time we focus on our own problems and issues.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Case in point, Lieberman presented a distorted and frankly, nonsensical intepretation of Obama's views on Iran

I don't believe he did.

While exaggerated, his only point is hinting towards Obama's comments that he would meet with leaders such as Ahmadinejad without preconditions.

As I said, it's not the same as having tea, but his point remains the same.

top topics

join