It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Python programming.. I'm stuck..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I am working on creating a program with Python to calculate property taxes and can't figure out what exactly I am doing wrong... Does anyone on here know anything about Python that is willing to take a look at it if I post it (it's quite a bit of typing) and tell me if they can see what I have done wrong? I contemplated posting it now but I don't know how to copy and paste from the pico editor, if you even can, and hate to waste space and time typing it if no one here knows how to use it!

Just glancing through the first page in this forum there are a few threads on programming so I'm hoping that someone will know how to work this darn program, or at least tell me where I can go to get some help with this!

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

I wonder if you have tried the python forums?
I am a computer programmer. I know many programming languages but I haven't had a chance to look at Python. I did some reading on it and it seems interesting and very easy to learn. It's very object oriented.
I might be able to help but try the python forums first

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Right after I posted I went off on a Google hunt for one and couldn't find much that pertained to what I was doing. Most of it was too advanced for me or just looked like gibberish. So I just kept on plugging away changing a little at a time till I finally got it figured out.

The problem was in one of my functions. The program is to calculate property taxes and in my calc_regular_tax() function (well the rest of the functions too actually) I forgot to put home_value in the () signs. Simple mistake, but it took me all morning to finally figure it out. I contemplated editing my original post, but since I can't delete it I figured I'd just leave it as it. Never know if someone here knows how to work it and I will probably get stuck again! :bnghd:

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

I understand just how you feel. Many times I would spend hours and hours just to find out that I had made a simple mistake in the coding.

I might do some reading on python. It seems very interesting. Ya never know, I might be able to help you next time.

new topics

top topics

join