It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europe shares plunge in early trade as banks slide

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by tide88

well actually i stand by my statement... it has failed to achieve it's goal of restoring confidence in the world economy as can be observed by reading the headline storys of nearly every major news company on earth. . it's all BAD BAD BAD news..virtually every single article that comes out about financial issues is negative.. and by all indications things are just beginning.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by tide88
reply to post by GoalPoster

There are many extremely rich people who have lost millions because of this. This is effecting everyone. Rich or Poor. It is just harder for the poor who do not have savings. Things will turn around. Are you saying the great depression was WWII?

You are correct that there are many extremely rich people who have lost millions . . . they're culling that herd, too, as part of centralizing the money and thus the power among very few but on a global basis.

I'm not saying WWII = The Great Depression rather the current state of the global economy is in fact the 'new' version of how wars are and will be fought . . . the 'us against them' is the 'really really filthy rich against the rest of us'.

And, as you alluded, even some of the pseudo rich (in comparison to the very few who own most of everything) are slowly becoming part of 'us' as the rich consolidate their riches among fewer.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by savetimerushonline

I'll throw out a biscuit:

In 1957, a 1,168 page book by Ayn Rand, called Atlas Shrugged, was published. According to one source, Rand was alleged to be a mistress to Philippe Rothschild, who instructed her to write the book in order to show that through the raising of oil prices, then destroying the oil fields and shutting down the coal mines, the Illuminati would take over the world. It also related how they would blow up grain mills, derail trains, bankrupt and destroy their own companies, till they had destroyed the economy of the entire world; and yet, they would be so wealthy, that it would not substantially affect their vast holdings.

www.illuminati-news.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

thats pretty much bang on the mark of what is occuring!

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by savetimerushonline

thats pretty much bang on the mark of what is occuring!

That is what ex-Illuminati members have said when they left the group, that "Atlas Shrugged" by Anne Rand, was actually a blueprint for global takeover. That the first 12-14 chapters are extremely boring on purpose to make normal people to quit reading it, as there are a few places that are extremely sexually graphic to make Christians stop reading it, then around the 15th chapter it begins to lay out the blueprint for global takeover.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Gains made by the rate cut have been obliterated. All the major Euro markets are tanking fast. 3-5% losses and still dropping.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by WERE_ALL_GONA_DIE

the poster does not need to prove anything. just look back at history. it's the same dialectic being used. ww3? yup you can bet on it.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by GoalPoster

very good post. ww3 has started with economic weapons.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Have any of you guys read Atlas Shrugged? It is not even remotely about what you are thinking.

And the markets are not going to tumble down to zero. They are repricing stocks based on new evaluations of companies' worth, given the fact that this "crisis" has forced the revelations of trillions of dollars in phony book assets. Once the markets get through the write downs process, things will proceed as normal, albeit with a hangover we refer to as a recession to work our way through. In the end, the markets are simply about establishing prices based on the best available information, and that information changed suddenly, so they are adjusting.

No one world currency, no WWIII, no rapture, just people moving their money around to maximize returns.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by celticniall
Is it really possible that this is all a planned collapse of the world economies?

I find it difficult to believe that this is part of some agenda for a one world currency, however, it is entirely possible.

I mean, what do you think will happen? The world markets fall 10% today, get suspended, re-open the next day and fall 10% again......and so on until trading is suspended across the globe.

There is mass unemployment, currencies are worthless.........

What then? Is this really a scenario that world governments will let happen? Surely in this type of situation, the world governments would lose all power over the people, thus become worthless.....
..unless that is what is supposed to happen??

Or maybe, this is a massive correction in the world markets to fix years of greed.
It is entirely more likely that the markets will hit a point, stabilize, and begin the long road of recovery...

I don't pretend to know much about the markets, and what goes on, but I do know that I am more than a little concerned.

for now, batten down the hatches, as we are just entering the storm.....

I honestly believe that it is a co-ordinated effort to force the World onto a path leading to war & to the "end of days" scenario in the Bible.

I personally am not a bible nut, but there are plenty who are, & unfortunately many of them are in positions of power within the US & the Vatican & other Christian based societies.

I think the "end of days" brigade are trying to create the setting to make the prophecy happen as they interpret it.

Personally I think we should lock them & the bankers all up together & throw the keys away.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Look, it's bad enough when people dramatize the current financial crisis (yes, it's bad, but it's not OMG ALL CAPS AND USE
A LOT bad), there is no need to heap on WWIII with your fear mongering. The world is having a financial crisis.. so the answer is to randomly launch nukes at each other?

Do you even think before making these kinds of statements?

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I admit I obviously need to look into this a little more, but that wasn't the book that I read and not by a long shot. If you look at the "heroes" and "villains" as portrayed by A.S. the truly honorable characters are the ones that CREATE something of VALUE, and not just wealth. The leeches and villains in the novel are those that profit from the things created without any real added value to the enterprise. Same thing in the Fountainhead.

It's the Toohey's of the world that got us into this mess (bankers included). And in Atlas it's the real geniuses and creative that choose to shut down the system and take the power back. Here’s a WIKI entry on one of my favorite Atlas characters –

Ragnar Danneskjöld - People assume that as a pirate he simply takes the seized goods to himself. However, while many other protagonists take pride in making a personal profit from the proceeds of their creativity, Danneskjöld's motivation is to restore to other creative people the money which was unjustly taken away from them - specifically, their income tax payments.
And another Shrugged character - Midas Mulligan - A wealthy banker, whose financial backing had a major share in launching the career of Hank Rearden and other prominent industrialists. He mysteriously disappeared in protest after he was given a court order to loan money to an incompetent applicant. When the order came down, he liquidated his entire business, made sure that all the account holders received every penny due them, and joined Galt's strike.

Cmon’ read the novel. It preaches the very values we here at ATS scream about every day – accountability, fairness and transparency. If we had more Midas's in the world running banks we wouldn't be in this damn mess.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grumble
Have any of you guys read Atlas Shrugged? It is not even remotely about what you are thinking.

And the markets are not going to tumble down to zero. They are repricing stocks based on new evaluations of companies' worth, given the fact that this "crisis" has forced the revelations of trillions of dollars in phony book assets. Once the markets get through the write downs process, things will proceed as normal, albeit with a hangover we refer to as a recession to work our way through. In the end, the markets are simply about establishing prices based on the best available information, and that information changed suddenly, so they are adjusting.

No one world currency, no WWIII, no rapture, just people moving their money around to maximize returns.

I have read it and it is a great book. Everyone who is thinking of voting obama should read it. I guarentee it will change you mind.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Can I ask what is probably a naive question?

Isn't the stock market kind of a mind-game, in that it will continue to plummet if everyone with any kind of media platform is running around screaming the sky is falling?

I mean, I know it's not that simple, but...isn't there something to be said for leaders acting like leaders instead of projecting doom and gloom? Isn't that just making things worse?

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by GirlNextDoor
Can I ask what is probably a naive question?

Isn't the stock market kind of a mind-game, in that it will continue to plummet if everyone with any kind of media platform is running around screaming the sky is falling?

As far as I know, yes. In fact a recent times example, one of the guys accused to be one of the agents of the Northern Rock demise was precisely a BBC reporter/writer, that apparently campaigned the rupture of the bank well before it happened, effectively demolishing the little confidence available on it.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Historically, currency debasements and collapses lead to war. It's a pattern that plays out over and over again - as Reinhardt has aptly pointed out.

It does seem ridiculous, I'll give people that but it's not. In order to bring the economy back from a depression, to rebuild the mental as well as physical strength, the common people must suffer. They face hunger, poverty and usually hard, physical labor in the great public works projects. Without an external enemy, an external threat - the people might turn on the elite, the government, etc.

Germany rose to war on the back of a depression with Hitler placing the blame for everything on the Jews, France, Great Britain (the members of the opposition form WW1).

Can anyone say without a doubt WW3 is coming? Of course not, but based on past history it would be a bit foolish to say it's absolutely not in the cards.

The US Dollar is finished after this. Several countries have already divested from it and more will follow. If and when the blame for this global collapse comes home to roost, well, if America was unpopular before it's nothing compared to what we face. Even though our own media will fail to cover it I suspect the news outlets of other nations will have no problem painting a corrupt and greed spoiled American economy as the devil.

Already the Fed has enacted one of the provisions created during the great depression, that of lending to non financial companies. They are doing this because the commercial banks still refuse to extend credit. If the bailout was a confidence building tool it's failed horribly so far.

It's entirely possible the continued refusal of the banks to release credit could see alternate arrangements made between nations. Say, a N American basket of central banks from the US, Canada and Mexico agree to extend credit to the central banks of the EU and vice versa. The creation of a specialized, flat rate currency for this purpose is not all that far fetched. Say peg the Euro to the , uhm, "Amero" at a contracted rate?

This isn't about global business and if we go back to "business as usual" the collapse will also return. The name of the game right now is to lie to the public, big time and do whatever it takes to avoid real and binding investigations, audits and prosecutions.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by nfotech
This isn't about global business and if we go back to "business as usual" the collapse will also return. The name of the game right now is to lie to the public, big time and do whatever it takes to avoid real and binding investigations, audits and prosecutions.

With all due respect, I think this is the point where your reasoning fails, and for a couple of reasons. Firstly, because to go back to business as usual the absolute desire of everyone. One of the things that originated the 2 previous wars were the imperial desires of many sides, this time , there's none. Absolute everyone just wants to go back to the previous point before this mess happens.

And this is where your reasoning again fails, you seem to believe that people want 'real and binding investigations, audits and prosecutions'. They don't. They want their easy and cheap credit back, at whatever cost it takes, even if that costs is keeping the present layer of corrupt , failed and insane politicians the world entertains. And all this even if it means repeating it all in 10 years , as has been the present pattern.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
no offense but if you think they can put the cat back in the bag you're way off. Sure, people want what they want but the past decade was built on a bubble. There's nothing left in the near term to build a bubble on and the simple fact of the matter is the public has lost any trust it had in the market.

Anyone with any reading comprehension at all is fully aware the crash is due largely to outright corruption and greed. Pretend securities built on non existent or grossly inflated assets, etc, etc. Not only is it impossible for us to walk backwards and go back to sleep, the only way they can clean up the mess is to hand a new govt branch absolute power to buy up the worthless paper using tax payer wealth.

I'm not stupid enough to think anyone will be prosecuted for these crimes. It doesn't mean I can't bitch about it, however.

It remains to be seen if the public is fully aware of just how badly they're getting raped. Depending on the amount of inflation and unemployment which won't hit for months and thanks to the corporate media, won't be openly covered when it does anyway.

Not every war after a currency debasement has been based on Imperial expansion. Empires have evolved, they don't confine themselves to geographic, ethnic or even national boundaries in the modern world. If Reinhardt ever unlocks his website I encourage folks to read the lengthy summary of "Enrons" he posted.

As I said, I can't say we're going to war absolutely but if a long and consistent pattern in history indicates anything the possibility is very, very high.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by maudeeb

Well, that is the "story", but if you listen to ex-Illuminati members they all will tell you it's their blueprint for global takeover. And the Rothschild's commissioned it's penning.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Abandon the euro. Why did we ever have to Americanize our economies? What good did it give to us? Look at us now!
We could even dismantle the European economic Union. It is a joke anyway. Just a scheme from Global bankers to subjugate us under debt just like they did with the ever gullible Americans.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join