It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just had a scary thought

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I have been angry all day about the way the McCain campaign is baiting their audiences into screaming that Obama is a "terrorist", to "kill him" and "treason". They are letting these comments slide. It is disturbing to say the least that the campaign is allowing this to go on. But in my anger a thought crossed my mind that has me upset. What if this is all being planned out?

It was common wisdom a year and a half ago that Hillary was going to get the nod. Then, kind of out of nowhere, this eloquent, self-assured junior senator takes the primary season by storm. He wins the nomination and at the same time is exciting millions of American's into believing this could be the guy for these troubled times.

Fast forward to three weeks ago. The economy is teetering, Bush has come on national television to warn us of the terrible things that will happen should the "bailout" plan not pass. It does, now we have almost unchecked power over the financial market in the hands of the Executive.
Thread about the Bush plan

Armytimes reports that for the first time since 1807 a brigade is deployed in the U.S.
Thread about the deployment

We are all on edge because it's a presidential election year add to that the economic crisis and the temperature of the country is rising.

Ok now to tie it together. With passions running high on both sides of the contest and McCain's camp allowing these overblown outbursts go I can envision something happening. A riot breaks out outside the last debate site. Some whackjob actually decides to assassinate Obama (or at least attempt it). This could potentially explode into angry fights across the country. Would something like this not be a potential catalyst to suspend the elections until "things come to order"? Would it not be a good time to utilize the deployed troops to quell a riot (install martial law?).

I am not sure I am being completely clear in my expression here. But I hope I am.

Thoughts?

Obs out

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I don't know. Personally, I don't remember there being a time when everyone was sure that Hillary would win. I remember when Obama gave a speech at the DNC during the Bush / Kerry election and people were already saying to watch out for this guy, he could be a president someday.

I am also unsure about Bush and Cheney even wanting to stay in office. They seem to be content to leave their mess for someone else to clean up. I don't see what motivation they would have to stay. They have looted the country and made it a complete shell of what it was before they took office, why stick around? I guess I just don't believe in the grand scheme to keep themselves in power.

I am more of a believer in the idea that they are following a game plan. The same game plan that the next president will take. They are just doing their part. They are supposed to hand the torch off to the next leader, who will carry on with the plan.

Who knows though, we are living in some crazy times right now. Nothing would really surprise me at this point. Well, I take that back... there are still some things out there that would surprise me. A few off the top of my head:
A full economic recovery would surprise the hell out of me.
An honest politician would surprise me.
Things improving in general, would surprise me.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I'm not going to say it won't happen because it could. There has been a lot of emotion between both parties. People tend to follow up with the emotion and do things that they never thought they would.

An assassination is probable but again assassination is always probable no matter what the situation.

But as far as taking it so far as martial law taking place, and bush staying in power is unlikely

mon deux francs

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I don't see an assassination happening. The government has too many ways of infiltrating peoples lives for that too happen. They would have to be like the Unabomber, living in a shack somewhere with no cell phone and living in isolation for this to happen. There are alot of crazy people out there, but there is a reason why you don't see people getting assassinated. Ever heard of Echelon?

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   
All good points, ones I had not fully thought through. That's why we have ATS though!

I think the gnawing I have over this stems from me spending too much time on ATS lately. You guys make me paranoid. But also the depth of the hatred being released by some of McCain/Palin's supporters has me taken aback. Most likely we would not see martial law over any event but I could still see riots taking place since passions are running so high.

Echelon or not, if someone really wanted to go after one of the candidates they would most likely not broadcast it. Most assassination attempts are lone loonys so they would not be posting it to an internet board there intent or calling mom.

Thanks for the input.
Obs out

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Well, looking back at this thread it seems that every time a lame duck president is in office we can expect the conspiracy theories about martial law and suspending elections.

new topics

top topics

join