It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tonights Town Hall Debate Discussion

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Trayen11

Agreed, I'm Irish, the American Health system is one of the most screwed up in the Western world

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Lol:

Q: How will recent economic chaos affect America's acting as a peace-maker in the world?

A: Not one bit!

link   
I am not for either one of them....but, looking at it objectively, Obama is winning....imo

link   
reply to post by md11forever

LMAO

I just cant understand the idea of going to the hospital and having them throw me out cause i dont have insurance......it seems so freaking weird to me. Yeah in Canada we pay higher taxes for our health care, but when you add in the percentage we are paying that goes to our healthcare, i bet it doesn't even come close to what US citizens are paying to those bloodsucking health insurance people

link   
Screw that questions!!! HOW do YOU FOLKS OF THE USA here now and reading feel knowing you are part of a PEACE MAKER NATION!....

YOu folks need to start answering the questions the town folk( not TOm Brokoff) ask..

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I won't even watch the debate. That's why I logged onto ATS.
Neither one of these candidates is going to do any good. As a result of the farce of a "Bailout Bill" got passed, despite 90% of the American public being against it, I am completely convinced that what we want, say or vote for, don't mean a thing to them. Their agenda is not our agenda.

For those that have 401K or 403B retirement plans, take a look at it tomorrow, not tonight, or you won't sleep. If you have the typical "diversified" portfolio, it will be down between 30% and 40% over the last few months. Much of that loss is permanent. I could go into the explanation, but that would be about 30 pages, and I don't have the heart to.

We are going into what the MSM refuses to call a Depression, but that is what it will be. It is beyond stopping at this point. McCain can't stop it, Obama can't stop it. Paulson can't stop it.

My advice to all of you, is to stop ALL unnecessary spending now, tonight, not tomorrow. Immediately, Unfortunately, about 10% of you will be losing your jobs within the next year. I hope I am wrong, but it doesn't take a financial expert to connect the dots. Companies are losing capital at an alarming rate, When that happens, the first thing companies do is layoff. In addition, several large companies have failed, and more are to come. The "experts" will tell you to stay calm, don't worry. They want you to continue spending to feed this economy. They will tell you that by not spending, you are risking your job. I hate to say this, but they already have been put at risk, and more spending, will NOT help at this point. It is too late.

Compare the prelude to the Great Depression that was kicked off by the events of October 29, 1929. This road has been traveled before, and unfortunately, we are making many of the same mistakes.
The only difference was that the Stock Market Crash of 29 was exacerbated by the low margin requirements in effect for market trades. Today, the crisis started because of the low margin requirements (that is, down payments) of mortgages. It is now expanded to encompass every aspect of our economy, and every aspect of the world economy.

I know this is not a pleasant post, but those of you that know me, understand that I say what I believe, and if you go back to posts that I made in February, you can see that I warned what would happen:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The private banks (The Federal Reserve) have precipitated this. Not only is it destroying American homes and families and our economy, it will bring down the entire global economy.
(a little further down in the thread, I stated):

I do believe that Ron Paul was right about the Fed. I believe that Greenspan and Bernacke greased the skids for this crisis, and if one were suspicious, I might say that they did this to drive the market down, to a point where they and their cohorts could then step in and buy cheap. In the stock market, it's called manipulating the market, and it's illegal. In banking, it's called ... well, I can't say that here, or it would be censored.

Note I made this statement in the OP on February 12th:
it will bring down the entire global economy.

It has now come to pass.

link   
This has to be one of the most boring debates ever. Watered down, and I wonder where the passion of spirited debate has gone.

link   
The problem with Sen. McCain healthcare plan is hard for people to understand while Sen. Obama's plan is simple.

As soon as McCain said: "Is simple let's do the math citizens...." I think he lost 75% of the population

link   
Skeletor is pouring on this "America is all about good" B.S. a bit thick, isn't he? I mean, I love my country* but he is way over the top with it.

*love my country, hate my government

link   

Originally posted by md11forever
I read somewhere that Skeletor's $5000 tax credit doesn't go to the individual, it goes to the health care proividers. Looking right now for where I read that.
Also this is how his policy would affect someone in my profession.
www.ble-t.org...

From what I remember from the way it is worded it not only goes to the insurance comapny, but we would get taxed on the coverage itself.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
10 billion a month seriously?
Is that number correct cause if it is, then Jesus!

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by minniesoda

Right now I think is a tie, Sen. McCain did realy good explaining his economic plan this time around while Sen. Obama's position are already well known, Sen. Obama won in healthcare.

Everything else has been BORING.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Finn1916

I do believe you are right Finn, from what I heard the tax credit would go to the insurance company. Now how is that putting money back in my pocket? I have an employer who is nice enough to cover me, but I have to pay for my children. They don't qualify for state help even though I have a disabled husband. Neither one are helping me one whit.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
This observation is rich. There are about 3 of 40 African Americans in the massive town hall ad hoc. And where are they placed? Front and center in the sprawling seating. They needed to rent a movie theater.

This makes me want to hurl.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
omg, I want stab myself in the ears....."My Friends"

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by secretstash
reply to post by Finn1916

I do believe you are right Finn, from what I heard the tax credit would go to the insurance company. Now how is that putting money back in my pocket? I have an employer who is nice enough to cover me, but I have to pay for my children. They don't qualify for state help even though I have a disabled husband. Neither one are helping me one whit.

Of course they are not helping you, why would they? they are not here to help us, they are to make money off of the suffering of innocents.

Off topic: how does NWN2 compare to the original?

link   
YOu know what else I do not get??? THEY HAVE MIC CONTROL!!! If those two bozos can not expect town hall rules (MY GOD WHAT OTHER RULES WILL EITHER ONE BREAK IN OFFICE!!) Then should not the media enforce the time limit rules by turning off the mics when thier time is up??

link   
reply to post by Trayen11

Some analyst would say that is more than that. Some of the money spent in Iraq is part of the DOD budget and another part of the sending comes from spending authorization bills, but thats not the only thing that should surprise you.

Do a simple google search and check who has benefited more from this money, all the money that can't be accounted for plus all the money that has been wastefully expended and go to the pockets of corrupt Iraqi politicians.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
no kidding right, they are almost done i bet they have not gotten through half the questions they were supposed to.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
According to the CNN graph/ticker of uncommitted voters Obama has been winning.

By the way even if McCains tax credit went directly to the individual/family, 5000 dollars is NOT enough to pay premiums for a family of 4. Let alone the deductables and co-pay, etc.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join