It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Banker Bailout Bill Contains IRS Police State Provision

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   

www.infowars.com

Not only is the recently passed Banker Takeover bill larded up with pork, it also contains dictatorial provisions. In addition to making former Goldman Sachs chairman and current Treasury Secretary Hank Paulson an economic czar — a provision completely at odds with the Constitution — the bill grants police state powers to the IRS.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
MUST WATCH

The bailout bill also gives the Internal Revenue Service new authority to conduct undercover operations. It would immunize the IRS from a passel of federal laws, including permitting IRS agents to run businesses for an extended sting operation, to open their own personal bank accounts with U.S. tax dollars, and so on.

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Ron Paul Speaks About Pork!

The definition of INSANITY is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

[edit on 4-10-2008 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Him and Kucinish are the only 2 American politicians I can respect and the media has made it almost impossible for most Americans to take them seriously when they (mostly Ron Paul) have been speaking a clear blunt truth! I guess since American idol was on or the Sox were playin the Jays noone seemed to listen or not enough to make change. By no means am I saying the average joe is stupid its just in your country as well as mine they seemed to pull the wool over the eyes of the majority.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I have a Cassandra complex from ranting and raving about this for so long and not being listened to . I always mail Dennis Kucinich just to tell him he is my hero, I'm going to fight this tooth and claw as long as I'm alive ,and I have no intention of trying to stay alive at all costs,because I know there are worse things that can happen

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
As I had said in the other thread I started (That MA beat me to, haha):

They were, as expected, ALREADY ONE STEP AHEAD of all of us tax-slave peons!

For those screaming (and very rightfully so) "just don't pay taxes!", they already have their check-mate in place! Expanded powers for their gestapo collection and extortion agency!

They will not only be conducting undercover ops on any dissenters, but they will be sharing your tax / financial info with other agencies "fighting terrorism"!

So you thought you weren't going to pay your taxes in this strong arm robbery? Get ready to become the new "tax-terrorists"!

There is no stone left unturned by these thugs! Accept your slavery and bow down sheeples!

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slickinfinity
Him and Kucinish are the only 2 American politicians I can respect and the media has made it almost impossible for most Americans to take them seriously when they (mostly Ron Paul) have been speaking a clear blunt truth!

hey.... i think that Bernie Sanders, Independent, Vermont
made a clearly stated speech Re; his opposition & why
and depicted the Bill as a swindle which should go down in ruin...etc
Paul & Kucinich are due praise but so is (imho) Sanders.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I tried to follow Ron Paul, and really hoped he could end up getting nominated. It is obvious that the MSM does not intend to allow amricans to hear the truth. There are some out there who broadcast on talk radio, but they are few and far between. (Jerry Doyle at least gives a nod to Paulson, but he is a free trader.)
We have to get people to start thinking outside the two party box, and start encouraging Free Thinkers to stand up and speak. And (this is the hardest part) we have to challenge individuals to think for themselves. Of course, most won't, becasue thinking is hard work. It requires reading, studying, and incorporating the information, so they can come to an informed decision.
It won't be easy, and it may already to be too late. But we can't just give up and not try!

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by invisiblewoman

You're very right there woman! There ARE worse things than death.

I got your back

AB1

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

hmmm......
your post makes me think deeper on the newest & latest delinquent tax
leter from the IRS.
I get a letter maybe every year, but a late tax with penalty letter
came on Wednesday this week.

since 1999 for taxes they consider late, the interest being added varies tremendously,
for some months the penalty may run 11%...then other months the interest will only be 2%....

my total for a (incorrect tax due bill) was originally ~$220.
with interest & penalty the total is now ~$522

[PS - i'm stll waiting to be taken to court, so i can present & prove the Form 1099 a company claimed was true & correct...
was instead, a deliberately fraudulent ammount made to backup falsified company books---records which will reflect fraud aimed at the
DHUD]
~but that's another story~

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

They did that to my husband early this year, to get to answer to them, as he was avoiding them, within three months with the penalties and interest alone reached 4 thousand dollars.

As soon he got back with them and "resolved the issue" they drop the 4 thousand dollars.

Is a tactic to get you into doing something.

Occurs that doesn't account for the Levy they will be adding to your house.

[edit on 4-10-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Wow....... I guess this is why they made the bill 480 pages. They dont want people to know the pork and police state provisions in there. The time is coming soon very soon. We will have a King Louis type rebellion and some heads will fall. They come for my guns or my property its going to be an all out war and I wont just sit back like they did in Ruby Ridge....Im going down shooting like they did in Waco. I will NOT be paying my taxes this year or the next. In fact I wont be paying another dime until government decides they want to work for the people and not for themselves.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Occurs that doesn't account for the Levy they will be adding to your house.

[edit on 4-10-2008 by marg6043]

They come for my house they better bring guns because I wont be leaving without a Waco Style fight. Enough is enough. I have done everything the right way and have gotten no where. I have told my reps how I feel like everyone else...they dont listen...I have paid my taxes.... they blow it on junk.... I have followed the law..... they make new laws for people to break.... I mean this government is tyrannical and Ill be honest with you I hope there is a country out there that can do something about this. Needless to say if we go to war with Russia I will not be fighting in it.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

www.infowars.com

Not only is the recently passed Banker Takeover bill larded up with pork, it also contains dictatorial provisions...— the bill grants police state powers to the IRS.

I'm sorry, but the assertion that this is "new authority" is simply wrong. The government already had this power (sharing tax return information with government investigatory agencies, including the FBI) granted by previous legislation that was set to expire in December of this year.

The bailout bill eliminated these sunset provisions, making the powers permanent.

So while I can appreciate one not liking these governmental powers, they are NOT new.

Just thought I'd clear that up.

[edit on 4-10-2008 by loam]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...&flagit=397823

The prof started the same thread early this morning...and i will state now what i stated then.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
This latest round of shredding the US constitution makes me wonder how much more the people of the USA will take?

They, the people of the USA, have allowed an election to be stolen, have allowed the leader of the United States of America to lie to the people of the USA concerning 911 and the war in Iraq, they have allowed their individual freedom to be squandered by the patriot act, they have given the Fed. dictorial powers ( with no historical context in the short history of the United States of America), they allow more citizens to be imprisoned then any other country in the world and now they allow the goverment to saddle them with a 700 billion dollar tax. ( or more)

To add insult to injury they now allow the IRS to spy and set up sting operations.

Only a very, very few take action.......probably, I would guess, 20,000 persons give or take, out of a population of 200 million.

Of course to be fair I just read an article that stated that out of 1000 persons interviewed only 6 could name the current Speaker of the House.

So with that kind of dumbing down of a nation I guess it is not surprising that very few would take any sort of action.

I am about to read the Mars book on the 4th Reich before it is outlawed by the American goverment as it slips the noose over the neck of freedom, calling those who love freedom terrorists, pull the lever, displaying to all the world what the United States is all about.

Slavery.

edit ONE person in the senate predicted this bailout a few years ago...here is the quote from the article....

• Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, who correctly predicted in 2003 that taxpayers would be "forced to bail out investors," said in a speech on the House floor that the legislation would "only further harm the economy" and was actually worse than the previous version. In a CNN interview, the former Republican presidential candidate said his colleagues are refusing to deal with the underlying problems and spending more tax dollars even though "this country's bankrupt."

new topics

top topics

join