It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 Truthers Respond to Bill Maher: Really Good Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Sorry, still can't figure out how to put the actual video up. I'd appreciate it if someone would enlighten me.
Funny video.
Embedding disabled, here's the link: Youtube Video

Also, Bill Hicks. Very funny.

Bill Hicks on War & Freedom

[edit on 3-10-2008 by Shocka]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
That was a funny video.

OK, I had to use a different video because that one turned off embedding. Get the YouTube URL from the embed link and take this part BoJJIYWMZlY&hl=en&fs=1 and stick it in the YouTube Video line. (works same way for Google Video) Also on the end of the video, you can play any of the videos at the bottom.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Shocka

That video only proves how crazy these people are. Also the "red pill" reference is getting extremely old.

NEWSFLASH. Real life is not the movie "The Matrix", and the "truth" movement is not Neo.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but Bill is right about the cause of 9/11. This was the result of people who want a world ruled by Islam. Now I do think that the Bush Administration did know that it was coming, and saw it as an opportunity to push their real agenda, but they were not behind it. I watched it unravel live on TV, and there is no doubt that it was caused by commercial aircraft. We also know from cell phone calls from United Airlines Flight 93 passengers that their flight had been hijacked by arab passengers, unless you believe they were lying. This whole 'controlled demolition' theory needs to be put to rest. There are people out there that want us all dead or converted to Islam, and they are planning to do it again! And yes, I have read all the 9/11 conspiracy threads and looked at all the evidence before coming to this conclusion.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

This video is pretty old around here. It was posted right after "truthers" were thrown out of Mr Bill's show.

Jax: I am happy to hear that you are willing to read up on the subject of 9/11. That kind of willingness to find the truth (where ever it leads) is certainly an admirable trait. I do however have one simple question regarding your post.....

Have you ever tried to use a cell phone on an airplane? I have and I can tell you from experience... I could not get a signal.

That fact alone is cause to question the official story.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
And yes, I have read all the 9/11 conspiracy threads and looked at all the evidence before coming to this conclusion.

No you haven't.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit

No you haven't.

Do you have proof of this? Or is it beyond belief that someone looks at the "inside jobbers" argument and comes to the conclusion that it is beyond the realm of reality?

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

Have you ever tried to use a cell phone on an airplane? I have and I can tell you from experience... I could not get a signal.

Really, because many people have had no problem. I will refer you to this page

[edit on 3-10-2008 by Cool Hand Luke]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   

The ability to get a signal would depend on the altitude of the aircraft and the number of cell towers in the area. The east coast is riddled with cell towers, as for the altitude of the aircraft at the time of the calls, the aircraft was at 5,000 feet, well within cell phone range. The calls prior to this were made from GTE airphones. Also it would require the collusion of family members of those who made those calls, which is really cruel to even suggest.

ipsedixit: You don't know me, and you have no basis to make such a claim.

Like I said in my original post, I do believe that the Bush Administration knew about it beforehand and did nothing to prevent it, but in the end, Islamic terrorists bent on the distruction of any nation that is not an Islamic theocracy were responsible, and to suggest otherwise does dishonor to those who lost their lives on that tragic day, IMHO.

[edit on 3-10-2008 by JaxonRoberts]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cool Hand Luke
Do you have proof of this? Or is it beyond belief that someone looks at the "inside jobbers" argument and comes to the conclusion that it is beyond the realm of reality?

What Jaxon said was that he had read all the 9/11 conspiracy threads. He hasn't. It's not unreasonable to say that. It's just common sense. I doubt if any of the ATS mods has read them all. Jaxon is exaggerating. People do it all the time. I'm not trying to run Jaxon down. He's probably a nice guy. He may have read a lot of the 9/11 conspiracy threads but he's exaggerating about having read them all. It's obvious to anyone who is not easily persuaded by tall tales.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

Thank you, I think. I read every thread that came up from a search for '9/11', and it took a few days, and then researched the claims independently. I even posted the same opinion I gave in my original post on a few of them, but did not really get into it too much. Too many other topics here on ATS that do interest me. I have been drawn back to this type of topic because I think that we just might get slapped by terrorism again in the very near future, before the general election. Also, I'm a big Bill Maher fan, so this one caught my attention even more.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   

I like Bill Maher as well, but I think that the video cited makes some excellent points. I don't think the 9/11 attacks originated with Arab terrorists or that the WTC towers fell as a result of the plane impacts and fire.

I've spent over a year arguing various points in various threads on the 9/11 issue. There are a very large number of threads on the 9/11 conspiracies forum and even some errant 9/11 threads in other forums. It would be a monumental task to read them all. Some of them are highly technical, involving discussions between engineering or aviation experts that most people are not equipped to follow in more than a casual way. For anyone to say that they have read them all and come up with a final judgement is not believable. But you are not saying that are you?

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   

All I could find, and it took almost three days. To be truthful, I had never heard of the 9/11 conspiracy theory before becoming a member here, so it definitely intrigued me. There were some good points, but in the end, I had to side with the terrorist angle. And yes I saw and researched several engineering and aviation claims, but I found the experts who backed the original story more credible. It's just my opinion. The biggest hurdle that I just couldn't get over is that it would have required the families of those that died on those planes to be in on the 'conspiracy', and I just can't buy that. Ultimately, however, I do agree with the belief that the Bush Administration is culpable for those deaths, just not in the way that you do.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
What is wrong with Bill's opinion? He doesn't believe 9/11 was an inside job? Fine, let him, live and let live. These videos aren't going to convince him, he is a thoughtful intelligent man, I'm sure he has looked at the evidence thoughtfully and intelligently and made his mind up.

I don't agree with him, although sometimes I think the idea that 9/11 was allowed to happen makes is more plausible than theories that the government planned it.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   

I'm not a person who cannot tolerate disagreement or people who hold a different opinion than my own. I respect a person's right to their opinion. Life is a learning journey for everyone, especially me.

I took some time to use the ATS search engine to search the term "9/11". It turned up about 1000 results. Some of these would have been different pages of the same thread, so in terms of threads the search engine, using that term, would generate less than 1000 different threads, but still a substantial number of threads.

However if you go to the 9/11 conspiracies forum and simply go through the list of threads there, it numbers somewhere in the order of 5000 separate threads. Many of these threads are multiple pages long. One is 280 pages long, as of a couple of minutes ago. That is more than a few days reading.

Of course there are speed readers.

Woody Allen did a comedy bit once where he was talking about taking a speed reading course. The book they had to read for the test was War and Peace (It's thick, as you probably know.) Woody did great at the reading portion of the test. He said he read it in twenty minutes. When he was asked what the book was about, he said, "Russia."

In the final analysis only you know what you really did and the rest of us will just have to exercise our best judgement on what you say about that.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   

I didn't go the 9/11 conspiracies forum until now, wow, there's a bunch! Still relatively new here and still learning how to navigate the site. Just used the search option, and on alot of threads there are alot of short, irrelevant (in a research context only) posts, so I concentrated on posts with sources. I did read some of the opinion only posts, but did not concentrate on them. I was more interested in ones with some kind of source material. Let's face it, if I believed the opinion only posts on this site, I would be hiding under my bed with an Uzi waiting for the 'Galactic Federation of Light' to come save me from the PTB who are working for the Greys who are disguised as George Bush and Condoleezza Rice (OK, she might actually be one of them, but I digress). The point is that I spent a significant amount of time and research to come to my conclusion.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   

10-4. Fair enough.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cool Hand Luke

Really, because many people have had no problem. I will refer you to this page

[edit on 3-10-2008 by Cool Hand Luke]

You can refer me to any page you'd like.... nothing beats experience. I couldnt care any less about what some words on my screen say... I have tried to use a cell phone from a plane and was not able to maintain a signal. So instead of showing me what some web site has to say about the issue, answer this question.....

Have you ever tried it?

If your answer is "no" then your argument and opinion mean nothing to me. I have tried it. That is like me telling a rock climbing expert the best way to scale Mount Everest when I have never even climbed the smallest hill because some web site says "this is how you should do it". I'd think the rock climbing expert would be in a better position to know. Wouldn't you agree?

join