It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IAEA to decide on Israel resolution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   

IAEA to decide on Israel resolution

english.aljazeera.com

The UN nuclear watchdog is expected to decide on a draft resolution calling for inspecting Israel's nuclear capabilities by Saturday.

Iran's Ambassador to the IAEA, Ali-Asghar Soltaniyeh made the announcement about the resolution sponsored by Iran and Arab states in an interview with Press TV.

“Tomorrow the conference on the resolution is off because of the Eid-ul-Fitr but on Friday and Saturday discussions will continue and by Saturday the results of the conference will be known,” Soltaniyeh said on Wednesday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 3/10/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Disarmament of the Israeli Apartheid state is the key to regional peace and the end of the zionist's perpetual war. No more AIPAC warmongering in America, costing trillions of taxpayer money and millions of innocent lives. No more reign in blood and terror. Hopefully the Syrian's president's dream of a nuclear-free middle east will soon see the light, even though the terrorist and war criminal US/Israeli regimes will oppose it by all means.

english.aljazeera.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Jimmy Carter is a traitor to Israel and his country by "revealing" the number of warheads Isreal has. It has long been know that Israel has nuclear weapons, hence their ability to excercise the Samson Option if they were attacked and it appeared there would be another holocaust. Carter, once a staunch supporter of Israel, and a devout Christian, seems to have turned his back on everything, including this country!

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by kettlebellysmith
Jimmy Carter is a traitor to Israel and his country by "revealing" the number of warheads Isreal has. It has long been know that Israel has nuclear weapons, hence their ability to excercise the Samson Option if they were attacked and it appeared there would be another holocaust. Carter, once a staunch supporter of Israel, and a devout Christian, seems to have turned his back on everything, including this country!

What has that got to do with the subject? Everyone already knew Israel has nuclear weapons. Carter did not reveal anything that was not already in the public domain.

Secondly - what has Carter's religious belief got to do with anything? Separation of Church and State ring a bell.

Thirdly - Last time I looked, Carter was American, not Israeli, so he is NOT turning his back on his country but stating facts about a foreign power.

I don't see this issue going very far given the Israeli influence everywhere and it's more likely we'll see IAEA senior execs being removed from office before any investigation of Israeli nuclear weapons is approved.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Seems only fair and just.

If the other countries in that region aren't permitted to develop nuclear weapons, then Israel shouldn't be either.

The question for Israel now is... where are they going to feasibly hide all those warheads?
... and what excuse are they going to use for the silos? Rain catchers?

Unfortunately, even though Israel will be opened wide up, and their nukes revealed, there won't be any feasible action to take against them. The US picks and chooses who they back, and they back them regardless of how they violate the law.

So really, all this will amount to is the Arab states being able to say "Told you so."

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

I curious about how open they will actually be. It was posted on ATS in a previous thread that Israel will refuse to let any inspector look at a certain and would shoot if needed. I will have to find the post again.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ergoli

No more AIPAC warmongering in America, costing trillions of taxpayer money and millions of innocent lives.

Interesting. Please document the numbers?

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Not to mention all the dead in Afghanistan...

Cost of the Iraq War: threetrilliondollarwar.org...

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
One of my favorite topics.....Israel the hypocrite.

I wonder why they would have a problem with having inspectors??? They are just developing nuclear ENERGY right? Peaceful purposes and all? I thought we couldn't allow atomic weapons in the Middle East.

I will probably never understand why ALL US politician pander to the Israeli's. Probably just the Florida vote.....

new topics

top topics

join