It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who won tonights debate?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
You know I was just thinking, and this is pretty funny to me...

If we wanted a charismatic, attractive, funny, well-spoken lady.... TINA FEY beats Palin in that department on all accounts! What started as a political joke, is apparently legitimate grounds for voting a VP in!!
So then why not Tina Fey, if 'image' is all that matters?

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by southern_Guardian
I think Ill call them lies keyhole...
If the rightwingers prefer to label them as "mispeaking", well thats there choice...

LIES!?!?!

No sir! That was Gotcha Journalism!

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

Very cool. I still am going through the transcript to locate and verify the lies ON BOTH SIDES, but this will give those who don't like doing the work themselves at least some clue on the one side of this debate. I just don't understand how people defend and even worse, TRUST liars to lead this country. Again, may be socially acceptable, but is that a good thing? I think not!!

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

Cool, after you finish that up maybe you can create a new thread with your findings and explanations?

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid LunacyYou know I was just thinking, and this is pretty funny to me...

If we wanted a charismatic, attractive, funny, well-spoken lady.... TINA FEY beats Palin in that department on all accounts! What started as a political joke, is apparently legitimate grounds for voting a VP in!!
So then why not Tina Fey, if 'image' is all that matters?

Hell, why not? She DOES have a clue on the important issues and she is very well spoken. I actually said the same thing last night. As Hilary Clinton (played by amy poehler) said... "ANYONE!" Yup, pretty much anyone can be seriously considered for the white house as long as they have the right connections

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
palin answered questions with what I consider empty rhetoric. I noticed that at one point, as opposed to answering the question, she just started rambling about her standard party line speech with had absolutely nothing to do with the question.
She had a dear in the headlights look for most of the time.

On a personal note, I find her voice very grinding like fingers on a chalkboard

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

If we wanted a charismatic, attractive, funny, well-spoken lady....

there you go, ladies and gentleman. "IF we wanted" but we don't, do we? we don't want estrogen anywhere near the "hot seat." what in the sam hill do they teach you guys growing up? that even though mom can work, go to school, care for a family, see to her husband's needs, balanace a checkbook, circumnavigate the flipped out public school system on the behalf of her children, take them to events, referee all their arguments and fights with each other and the other kids in the neighborhood/school/church/whatever, multitask like there's no tomorrow, but moms THEY GOT NO SKILLS! they're just groins and bumps! (and if those are shapely, their IQ goes down in inverse ratio to their beauty). they couldn't be diplomatic if their lives depended on it because they're too stupid to understand diplomacy! and don't get me started on their inability to grasp things like ... war, military conquest and etc ad nauseum.

Good GOD, will you guys get off the I hate my mom bandwagon?!!!

[edit on 3-10-2008 by undo]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

If we wanted a charismatic, attractive, funny, well-spoken lady....

there you go, ladies and gentleman. "IF we wanted" but we don't, do we? we don't want estrogen anywhere near the "hot seat." what in the sam hill do they teach you guys growing up? that even though mom can work, go to school, care for a family, see to her husband's needs, balanace a checkbook, circumnavigate the flipped out public school system on the behalf of her children, take them to events, referee all their arguments and fights with each other and the other kids in the neighborhood/school/church/whatever, multitask like there's no tomorrow, but moms THEY GOT NO SKILLS! they're just groins and bumps! (and if those are shapely, their IQ goes down in inverse ratio to their beauty). they couldn't be diplomatic if their lives depended on it because they're too stupid to understand diplomacy! and don't get me started on their inability to grasp things like ... war, military conquest and etc ad nauseum.

Good GOD, will you guys get off the I hate my mom bandwagon?!!!

While there is no doubt alot of prejudice against moms, I think that you're blowing things out of proportion. Prejudice works both ways, you know. not every man is led by his lesser head. Not every one is a sexist pig. And those winks as well as several other actions Gov. Palin did definitely seemed designed to tilitillate.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   

designed to tilitillate.

i'm totally flabbergasted. this is, without a doubt, the most ludicrous excuse i've read yet. how dare her for having hair and bossoms ...and a brain! (oh wait, she doesn't have one of those!)

other countries have women leaders or have had. some for hundreds years have had women leaders. but in a country where we VOTE for our politicians, we can't seem to get over that hurdle. since it can't be forcefully given to a woman as a matter of "divine" succession (queens of England, for example), what are the chances a woman will ever get such a position? (well ignore golda meir and margaret thatcher and biblical deborah, cause they're just anomalies in a sea of "we hate our moms")

mom can't be the leader of a country because mom's dumb. why's mom dumb, cause she loves her kids and let's them take advantage of her from time to time. what they seem to forget is what happens when mom defends them from all invaders, foreign or domestic. mom's a lioness..with 7 inch fangs and 10 sharp claws, and she knows her stuff!

short term memory problems! and i thought i was the one with that particular malady! apparently not. the whole country suffers from it. moms are not dumb. i know that's how we are portrayed on TV, but this is reality!

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atlantican
Palin by far.

The only way to win against a democrat, especially Biden or Obama is just let them speak.

All McCain & Palin have to do is let them speak. The press will politically finish em.

wrong dude, the more palin speaks the more of a retard she looks like. mark my words she will blunder more and more if she is allowed to speak. pretty soon she is going to slip up with her earpiece to.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   

how are women ever going to break the glass ceiling? i dunno if it's possible.
seriously. the two party system seems complicit in this. they refuse each other's female candidates by targetting prominent negative stereotypes and use them to manipulate public opinion.

this entire campaign, starting with the hillary debacle and following thru to the palin situation, is just one long insult to women. every conceivable negative stereotype about women has been pulled out, dusted off and paraded around.

you fellas should be ashamed of yourselves.

that's all i gotta say on the subject (cause lord knows, i'm a dumb mom, but at least, i'm not a dumb beauty queen hockey mom from alaska. poor lady).

You seem to be overly sensitive. Sarah needs to put on her big girl panties and duke it out; no quarter given or asked. There is no quota system. She isn't performing well because she is far out of her depth. Maybe she knows it and maybe she doesn't. The fact that she isn't attractive and has a whiney voice has nothing to do with her performance. The Minnesota accent with the youbetchas and gollys is revolting but if she was articulate and knowledgeable, it would be bearable. If the GOP wanted to do what was right for the country and wanted a female candidate, Kay Bailey would have done well. There are others that could be named who have experience, knowledge, and behave professionally. McCain played a wild card without regard for the good of the country or the party but only for the good of McCain.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   

designed to tilitillate.

i'm totally flabbergasted. this is, without a doubt, the most ludicrous excuse i've read yet. how dare her for having hair and bossoms ...and a brain! (oh wait, she doesn't have one of those!)

other countries have women leaders or have had. some for hundreds years have had women leaders. but in a country where we VOTE for our politicians, we can't seem to get over that hurdle. since it can't be forcefully given to a woman as a matter of "divine" succession (queens of England, for example), what are the chances a woman will ever get such a position? (well ignore golda meir and margaret thatcher and biblical deborah, cause they're just anomalies in a sea of "we hate our moms")

mom can't be the leader of a country because mom's dumb. why's mom dumb, cause she loves her kids and let's them take advantage of her from time to time. what they seem to forget is what happens when mom defends them from all invaders, foreign or domestic. mom's a lioness..with 7 inch fangs and 10 sharp claws, and she knows her stuff!

short term memory problems! and i thought i was the one with that particular malady! apparently not. the whole country suffers from it. moms are not dumb. i know that's how we are portrayed on TV, but this is reality!

Thank you, undo, for reading the rest of my post. Thank you for being logical, and not giving a stereotype of the very things you rail against.
If you actually read my post, I said that certain things seemed planned to cause such a reaction. Perhaps they were just natural reactions, but in this day and age, its entirely likely, and quite possible even, that the republicans knew what these gestures would do, and so they planned for it to happen. To her credit, I (unlike your sweeping histrionic generalizations) don't think Palin is stupid, or that she's a "dumb mom" as you put it, but that she's to put it simply, to ordinary to be a president. she's missing something that all the other candidates including Hilary, have.

[edit on 10/3/2008 by Lifeadventurer]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   

far out of her depth

riiiight, because we all know, to be a president of the USA, you can't have an accent, or say golly, and by all means you must be a rocket scientist, following in the grand tradition of all the previous rocket scientist presidents

whatever.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   

she's to put it simply, to ordinary to be a president.

what's "ordinary"? an attempt at sounding less offensive? trying to skirt the issue of her being portrayed as a dumb mom?

oh we know our past presidents were all such smart guys, who could spell and speak with a midwestern accent.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
you democrats shoulda voted for hillary.
we wouldn't even be having this conversation right now.

let me see, what was the list of issues for why hillary couldn't be VP? are they as interesting as the reasons palin shouldn't be?

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   

she's to put it simply, to ordinary to be a president.

what's "ordinary"? an attempt at sounding less offensive? trying to skirt the issue of her being portrayed as a dumb mom?

oh we know our past presidents were all such smart guys, who could spell and speak with a midwestern accent.

wow, I didn't even say that.
You know what? It's obvious you're a plant. You're the one who thinks she's a dumb mom. You're the one reading things in people's posts that aren't there. It's very clear to me that you're far from the offended feminist you say you are, and are really a Democrat post, who's job is to antagonize the members of this forum so much they vote Obama just to spite you. Well, you're plan failed. I'm through talking with you, I'm through with derailing this thread. Let's get back to the topic at hand, people!

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   

far out of her depth

riiiight, because we all know, to be a president of the USA, you can't have an accent, or say golly, and by all means you must be a rocket scientist, following in the grand tradition of all the previous rocket scientist presidents

whatever.

You missed the point, completely. She is out of her depth because she is not capable of doing what she is being asked to do. She has no understanding of history, politics, other cultures, and world affairs. She knows little about energy other than how to tax the oil companies and distribute said taxes to the Alaskans, hence the 80% approval rating.

This incompetence is not due to her gender. It is primarily due to her lack of a formal education or equivalent experience. She is trying to fake her way through and is being caught out. McCain made a poor executive decision and put her in this position. She is doing the best with what she has which, unfortunately for the GOP, is not much. It is apparent that John the Stubborn made this selection without regard to his advisors and did it with insufficient vetting.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   

She has no understanding of history, politics, other cultures, and world affairs.

and you know this how?
one thing i've noticed in american political discussions is everyone takes a side and then pretends like their particular candidate can do no wrong. so far be it from me to assume she's flawless. what bugs me is, we had/have 2 potential women candidates for the 2nd highest seat in the land, and people are freakin' totally out about it.
they are insulting women everywhere in the process, letting moms everywhere know just how they are viewed by the media and the man on the street.

let's face it ladies, they hate us so bad, they can't even let us have spot #2.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   

let's face it ladies, they hate us so bad, they can't even let us have spot #2.

Will you lighten up!! If it was a man as dumb as Gov. Palin, he would get the same treatment. dumb is dumb.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

we shall see.
frankly, based on past presidents and vice presidents, i don't
see this as the issue. the real issue is politically motivated first,
and gender motivated, second.
i dunno what happened, but somewhere in the halls of power,
when this country was founded, they must've made some kind of
agreement never to let a woman have the hot seat.

there's simply no way, all our women could be that stupid, that bitchy,
that whatever (endless list of excuses).

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join