It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(HSSC2) A Night Of Legend

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I just couldn't resist the urge to get a little story up this year, even after I said I probably wouldn't. It's nothing much, just a little scenario that popped into my head earlier today. Hope you guys enjoy it!

----------

The stories had been passed down from generation to generation. Everyone had heard them, and hardly anyone truly believed them. Yet here it was again, Halloween, and Kyle Samples father was sitting him down in his room and telling him the long history of the battle between humans and vampires.

This happened every year, as if Kyle’s father somehow thought he had forgotten. He would tell stories about fierce battles where many had lost their lives. Kyle knew that the stories could not possibly be true, but yet he continued to listen to his father spin his yarns.

Almost as soon as they had started, Kyle’s mother burst into the room more terrified than either of the two had ever seen her.

“You’ve got to come with me” she screamed. “Something is happening!”

Alarmed at her behavior, Kyle and his father jumped up and dashed from the room. They ran straight into their family room where their mother had been watching television. As they entered, they could hear the news anchor in mid sentence.

“So what we’re getting now are confirmed reports of a sighting downtown. We are still not sure of the details, but I’m being told that we do have confirmation of a sighting.”

Confused, Kyle looked at his parents and wondered what on earth could have been sighted that would cause such a fuss. Before he could get a word out, his father exploded in a fit of rage.

“I knew this would happen,” he said, “I’ve been saying it for months now!” “It’s those blasted army experiments isn’t it?”

In a state of shock, Kyle directed his gaze back towards the television where the anchorman was continuing his report.

“What we are advising everyone to do at this time is to remain in their homes. We are still not sure what the implications of this could be.”

Now Kyle was becoming increasingly terrified. Countless thoughts began to race through his mind. He thought about what in the world could possibly be going on. Could it be some sort of terrorist attack? Could the stories his father told possibly be true?

Quickly dismissing the notion, Kyle once again began to ask his father what was going on when he heard a loud noise outside.

CRASH!

“Oh no,” Kyle’s mother shouted! “Not here, not now!”

Before their minds could fully grasp the quickly escalating situation, there was a quick banging on their door.

KNOCKKNOCKKNOCK…..KNOCKKNOCKKNOCK…..KNOCKKNOCKKNOCK

“You two get down behind the couch,” Kyle’s father demanded. “I’ll handle this.”

Almost immediately after Kyle and his mother ducked behind the couch, they heard their front door explode in a cloud of timber. The screams and grunts of Kyle’s father and whatever had burst into their home were terrifying.

Kyle resisted the urge to scream and cry and simply held his mother tightly.

Waiting. Listening.

Almost as quickly as it began, there was silence.

Cautiously, Kyle’s mother began to rise up and peer over the couch.

“Oh,” she uttered. “Oh no.”

Scared beyond words, Kyle jumped up to see what had transpired.

There, standing over a lifeless body, was his father. Fangs extended, blood dripping from his mouth.

“I knew it,” he said. “Humans.” “I’ve been telling them for years those blasted experiments would cause this. After 500 years of peace, we’re going to have to deal with humans again.”

As Kyle’s nerves began to calm, he saw the dull glow of police lights begin to flash outside their home.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
What is this free writing here? Are you a short story writer? very ridiculous and time has been wasted

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by vapedson

Yes... that's exactly what it is... free writing. An oportunity for members to write stories for contests we run in this fourum called, remarkably, Short Stories.

Sorry to hear you've wasted time on this, but I'm grateful to see nyk537's submission. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I thought the twist was nice
keep it up !

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by vapedson
What is this free writing here? Are you a short story writer? very ridiculous and time has been wasted

Perhaps YOU,SIR..should modify your signature.

Nyk...loved it!

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Thanks for the kind words guys.

I guess you can't please everybody.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

really a great story and a great twist!!!

something of the best i have ever read!

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Thanks a lot orange-light!

I've been reading through your stuff this morning as well. Really great story telling!

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Excellent and fun to read, thankyou for your submission it raises the bar.
Here is a twinkling star for you.

top topics

join