It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discussing conspiracy in your personal life

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Has anyone here who has shared their knowledge of just how fudged up the world is had any downturn in the overall quality of their personal life? As in, after disucssing such occult topics with your buddies, do you find that you are starting to have less and less of them around? I'm not talking about discussing radical topics like ghosts and ...say... orbs, I'm talking about physically-identifiable topics like 911 and Bush.

I am about 60% sure that I have had at least one NSA handler try to intrude in my life, but I am *this* close to start asking ppl "Has the NSA gotten to you? WTF is going on here?" because I have noticed a horrific pattern start to develop. That is, I will become close to someone, and suddenly, they will demonstrate isolation tendencies that eventually grow to be complete abandonment. Almost like they were threatened by someone or something to do such a thing. Is it just me, or has anyone else picked up on this?

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 11:39 PM
link   
maybe your paranoia pushes people away? i dunno, i can't say i've had anything like that happen to me yet.

now if you would excuse me, i have to go stand over here now.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Can't say that I have. Although if you were talking to someone on some other site... and didn't know them very well... it's possible you just dropped some info with the friendly FBI.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Maybe it's because you are acting differently or something. Any time I try to discuss something I've learned from this site to people they scoff and whatever. I get so argumentative that most people (who can't be bothered being serious for one second) usually think I'm a know-it-all or am embellishing some crazy conspiracy.

When people ask for my source and I say I read it on ATS I am often confronted with laughter and a dismissal under the premise that ATS isn't a real source, it's a wacked out conspiracy site. Of course I have to get into the situation where I describe that ATS is a discussion forum where people link sites for you to read and comment on.

I think this is why most people I visit back home steer clear of me these days. Discussing serious topics is a waste of time to the average.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
maybe your paranoia pushes people away? i dunno, i can't say i've had anything like that happen to me yet.

thats a good point, commander. havent really stopped to consider how antisocial paranoia can be. but I don't often get into the more paranoid aspects of my thoughts... I do every now and then, but not like that guy Gibson played in "conspiracy theory".

and maybe it is because I have been acting differently... while I dont get scoffed at, insite, I have faced similar emotional responses. some of my more intelligent friends stop to consider what I am talking about, whereas my idiotic buddies fall silent and drift off. all I know is that I am not the only one I have encountered on a personal level who has his or her questions about the way things are going. Though rare, I feel a lot of euphoria when I find someone who talks about this stuff. the other day I almost giggled like a schoolgirl when someone, in person, mentioned the term illuminati. it was funny... my first reaction was "well, I dunno about all that" probably because I didn't want to seem too enthusiastic about the issue.

in fact, expanding on some of my more idiotic allies, I have encountered at least one of them who has said to me "you know, i dunno if you should be talking about stuff like this. not everyone wants to hear this kind of talk". he has a point, not everyone wants to hear it, but it's not like people are always going to talk about what others want to hear anyway.

[Edited on 3/24/2004 by AlnilamOmega]

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Thats why you can use ATS as a place to talk about your more controversial issues and everything about paranoia. We are a community, a family almost. The more we grow the more we are believed. We need to keep putting out the truth no matter what. Drop stories on other forums on other websites, spread the knowledge. Dont worry about telling your friends too much about what you hear, for I get the same reactions, tell them to go on ATS and have them look through some of the forums and read some posts, that would be a much better approach to dropping the big bomb on reality which usually leaves them like

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlnilamOmega
but I don't often get into the more paranoid aspects of my thoughts... I do every now and then, but not like that guy Gibson played in "conspiracy theory".

Although it was a movie...
Let's not forget that "Jerry" had incredible reason to be paranoid.

I understand these are sensitive subjects for people but sometimes I can't hold back. To my surprise a few of my friends brought up information that I never expected them to know. Still, others do not want to discuss anything that may jeopardize their 'secure', little fantasy world. Ignorance is bliss, and we know it's true. I cannot discuss politics with my family because most of them have their heads up Bush's butt (Life in TX ::sigh:
. *One* family member went as far as to say, "Bush is the best president ever".
Please believe I had a field day with that one.

All in all, it depends on the person that you discuss this information with. Some want to hear more, and others want to use you for a punching bag.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid

LMAO!!! THAT was hilarious! LOL!! Reminded me of an episode of the Simpsons.

I didn't had that happenning to my self, but honestly, I have to admit that topics discussed here and topics discussed with my "homies" are quite...differents lol...

I don't really care what they would think if I'd tell them some of the stuff I believe in... Don't really care what people think about me... But it's just that, I think some of my friends are, maybe not narrow minded, but more interesting in...down-to-earth stuff... Day to day stuff... etc...

But I could just see this happenning. Some people are so hypocrites, instead of telling you "Huh, dude, some of your thoughts scare me, I'll just stop hanging with you", some people will prefer not to tell theirs reasons at all.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 10:11 AM
link   
thankfully my close circle of friends and relatives are just as paranoid and conspiratorial as me...so no one runs away from me when we get together. unfortunately they are not close enough for us to chill on a regular basis, so I come here to spew my paranoia crap

But with some of my acquaintances...I don't even try to have an intelligent discussion with them...some things are just way over their head...so I just hang with them when i want to have a good time and be ignorant.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Most of my friends just
when I start going off about things. I love it though when some of the things I say become self evident and they see exactly what I was talking about.

"In your face, Flanders!"

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   
There coming for you.

Around every corner, in dark alleys....there watching.

I'd watch my back if i were you.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Just I'd try to think back to where the info could have leaked out to someone with such connections or with such a group.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I talk of these things in the pub with friends and have only ever received a positive reaction. Some are sceptical of course, but most have their own ideas and are willing to discuss them over a beer (or five
)

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eternal
There coming for you.

Around every corner, in dark alleys....there watching.

I'd watch my back if i were you.

oh please, did you just get hired last year or something? those scare tactics don't work on me. they make me laugh at how foolish you sound in saying such a thing.

[Edited on 3/24/2004 by AlnilamOmega]

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Good show by the way

But, really what kind of stuff did you say and where? Maybe that's NOMB. But, anywho... this is mainly the only site I talk about this stuff on... so I dunno what to tell ya.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I wonder how many people on here could get imprisoned for trying to overthrow the government?

LOL just a thought

[Edited on 24-3-2004 by porschedrifter]

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
thankfully my close circle of friends and relatives are just as paranoid and conspiratorial as me...so no one runs away from me when we get together. unfortunately they are not close enough for us to chill on a regular basis, so I come here to spew my paranoia crap

Exactly the same situation applies to me. My close friends are even more paranoid than I am so I can talk to them about all sorts of things. But I cant do that with everyone, so Im careful as to who I choose to discuss these topics with.

[Edited on 2-4-2004 by Ocelot]

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   
for national security, there would have to exist eyes and ears in local networks that spread throughout the country.
there would also be internet agents. the best way to do this is to get half to rat out the other half, and make sure in each of those groups half rat out the other half.

this would be done naturally in the form of gossip and local groups (church, work etc..). for more specfic threats.nsa handlers probably work in a zone coverage defense mode, with specific ones trailing a target and making sure the zone coverages know when there target is in the area.

of course not many people are trailed, (otherwise 911 couldnt have happened). so the more recent posters , or ones that talk about issues of nat sec may have a trailer.

how is this possible? i dont know, i assume most agents have real income earning jobs and arent in it for the money.

this whole site is probably just a think tank anyways ( i think heelstone said that).

ok thats my 2 cents on absoulte complete paranoia bordering on the schizophrenic.

or if there really are people chasing you, its something you said... (occams razor)

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I've found that the first thing you have to do is, as you are explaining it, cite your sources. "According to the BBC, several of the 9/11 hijackers are either alive now in other countries or were dead years before the attacks." It seems to work psychologically better than stating the idea and later on saying "oh I read it on the BBC." Also, usually people handle info in small doses... state a lot of evidence before stating your conclusion.

As far as personal experiences... my ex-gf a couple years ago left for Christmas and when she got back was a totally different person... was very distant and guilty and all this and that... anyway, long story short I was involved in a peaceful secessionary political party at the time and a number of folks in the party reported being heckled in various ways that could only be gov't. Well, my ex's dad works in the military so who knows.

A girl I've tried pursuing for some time now has exhibited flurries if interest and then disinterest without any apparent causality. However, her dad is a bigwig in the intelligence complex in DC and has even been to Area 51... anyway, I wouldn't be suprised if he said "no no no" to her about me b/c my name may be blacklisted for some of my political views.

*shrugs*

I think I do a good job of keeping my paranoia in check. Just remember God's in control. We must remember to never neglect making the world a better place in our immediate personal sphere... change for the better must start from the bottom up. OK I'm getting nebulous and starting to rant... I'll shut up.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Some people I share info with agree with me. Like my husband.
Some people
Some others
or
or even

But, most sheeple I don't even share with because it would be a waste of breath. I wouldn't say anything to a stranger, be it my beliefs on NWO or andything personal.

I doubt few, if any, here are tailed, spied on, whatever. "They" don't seem too bothered by this site; it's probably comic relief for "Them".

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join