It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vice Presidential Debate- Palin vs. Biden: The Thread

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

You know he just had them killed off so decades later he could use their deaths for political purposes.

Anyways, how did she win? If your team is expected to lose by 50, and only lose by 20, they still lose. And as said the expectations for her were so low she could have peed her pants and people still would have said she did better then expected.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
she's backkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.

Her popularity will carry on into the home stretch. I told you her playing dumb was a ploy.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts

Originally posted by jsobecky
What was pathetic was Biden's lame attempt at faked emotiional response when speaking of his family's tragedy.

OK, that's just cruel and wrong on sooooo many levels! The man lost his wife and daughter in a horrific car crash, and both of his sons were in critical condition. If that happened to you, I doubt you would ever be able to talk about it without an "emotiional response", if not crying like a freakin' baby! Gimme a break! Do you have ice water in your veins???

I've been told that I do, many times. But it was so obvious an afterthought on Biden's part that it was almost humorous. I bet the audience did a collective

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
She's not back. All the people I see/hear are saying "She did better then expected but does that mean much when expectations were so low?"

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by antmax21

She was a bit nervous. I think because of her not having the luxury of hearing herself gush politics for the sake of hearing herself talk like her opponent has for the last 35 years. If I have to choose between two career politicians and two fully functional actual Americans, my choice is evident.

link   
reply to post by GordonJQ

Give it a few days and tell me if she isn't back.

You will see what I mean.

link   

Originally posted by GordonJQ
Anyways, how did she win? If your team is expected to lose by 50, and only lose by 20, they still lose.

You won if you played "the spread".

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Personally this debate was all appetizer and no main course. Neither one gave anything of real substance nor addressed anything of major importance to the American people and the reality we face today. It was a performance on palins part, and she seriously blew it on the diversion of nuclear weapons question.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Biden won the issues.

Palin won on connecting.

Connecting wins over issues cause people tend to vote emotionally.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   

reply to post by JaxonRoberts

You know he just had them killed off so decades later he could use their deaths for political purposes.

Please tell me that was sarcasm!

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Anyways, how did she win? If your team is expected to lose by 50, and only lose by 20, they still lose.

You won if you played "the spread".

Yeah well, with the Broncos... except for a bad call from a ref we'd be even worse off. We're used to celebrating beating the spread since Elway left.

*Jaxon, I was making fun of him, yes it was sarcasm. He acted like Biden planned it out decades ago to bump them off so he could use them in the debate.*

[edit on 2-10-2008 by GordonJQ]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
What I'm wondering about is...where was the questions about the 2nd Amendment? Palin did not bring this up...anywhere to get Biden? Perhaps I missed a segment where she could have? Biden is so anti-firearms it's beyond funny. Just blabbing my .02 cents..

link   
My Opinion...

Biden came through this debate as expected, I think, looking at the reaction and opinions, Biden did come through as the victor, but not significantly. Palin held her ground and prevented a katie couric moment, and because she was able to do this, I feel that this debate is at a dead end, again.

So we'll have to wait till the next debates guys.. These last two have not provided any significant benefits to the parties.

link   

Originally posted by jam321
Biden won the issues.

Palin won on connecting.

Connecting wins over issues cause people tend to vote emotionally.

I agree with this.

People tend to vote for people they can relate to....whether that is a good thing or a bad thing.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by antmax21
What I'm wondering about is...where was the questions about the 2nd Amendment? Palin did not bring this up...anywhere to get Biden? Perhaps I missed a segment where she could have? Biden is so anti-firearms it's beyond funny. Just blabbing my .02 cents..

Nope, I didn't hear any questions regarding firearms and the 2nd amendment...so you didn't miss 'em.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by antmax21

She has to save the ammo so McCain can use some on Obama.

The next debate should be interesting.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Biden did a better job answering question than Palin did diverting them.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
she's backkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.

Her popularity will carry on into the home stretch. I told you her playing dumb was a ploy.

Well done Sarah Palin!
She won that debate hands down.
It looks like President McCain January 2009!
Get used to it you distinguished ATS members who have a different political ideology than I do.

Mod Edit: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

The Madness Ends Today

[edit on 2/10/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

Appreciate it.

Just trying to be honest. People have voted that way for a long time.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

If she plays dumb then she "played" real well at the debate. I dont care how she carries herself or the words that she used, I care about the issues and to that end she evaded and talked circles all night. I don't see how anyone could say she won the debate.

I dont care if "she did better then expected" or if "she didnt fail miserably" or even if "she held her own".

I only care about the issues and on those she failed bigtime.

As a Veteran I have always supported McCain. I wanted him rather then Bush in 2000 and in 2004. Now I am at a crossroads. My dislike for Palin has overcome my admiration of McCain. How can I vote for McCain now knowing that he picked her?

I can't so it looks like another year I will not vote and that decision I made tonight after watching Palin at the debate with her snide comments, her smart### smirks and all those winks. I can no longer vote for McCain in good conscience.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join