It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The difficulty of coping with new environments.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
It's really hard to cope sometimes. Like you know how you change schools all of a sudden you feel really different? This process of taking time to adapt is really difficult at times.

I've changed schools a couple of times. Sometimes it was easy for me sometimes it was not. I've been in a cycle of where I can't expect to stay at one school for 4 years like most people do. I now expect when I go to a school to change schools like 2 years after I get in. I constantly have to adapt to a new school environment almost every two years. The longest I've been in one school was when I was in middle school for 4 years. I thought I would not need to switch High Schools but I was wrong.

I am always in a process of coping with my environment.

What can I do to overcome challenges and obstacles I might face in a new environment? Does this me having to cope all the time with new environments have to do with my perception, and, is there a way I can put a stop to this?

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
The best advice I can give you is to just relax and go with the flow, so to speak. I am curious as to why you have to switch schools so often, if you don't mind me asking.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I usually was forced to switch schools because my parents wanted me in a different school system. I couldn't learn in a public school system. In public high-schools I couldn't pay attention to in classes and I was left out a lot. So I had to change to different schools where I could actually learn.

new topics

join