It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Draft Bailout - From 3 pages to 102 pages Edit: 106 Now

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
From Section 104 of this Draft, I can tell my head is gonna explode from this thing.

4 (b) MEMBERSHIP.—The Financial Stability Oversight Board shall be comprised of— (1) the Chairman of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System; (2) the Secretary; (3) the Director of the Federal Home Finance 10 Agency; (4) the chairman of the Securities and Exchange Commission; amd 13 (5) the Secretary of Housing and Urban Development.

Aren't most of the the fools that helped to cause this mess listed to OVERSIGHT this travesty of an act (should it pass)? What more information does the public need to know before they realize this whole bill is rotten?

[edit on 28-9-2008 by Lurkerzrule]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
There is no crises. Alex Jones said today that the Federal Reserve just gave the banks $900 billion. The real purpose of the bill is to privatize the Treasury so that it is controlled directly by the Banks. All the honest bankers and economists say there is no crises. The bill was planned months ago and they did it on the day they did to get it ran through quickly.
Looking at the post above that went up while I was writing mine, you can see what I mean. A private banker for a private organization will be heading a new branch of government that will give itself unlimited money, forever.

[edit on 29-9-2008 by jmdewey60]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Lurkerzrule

Good catch!

Meanwhile *wonders if the delay in the live conference IS because the ranks have opened*.

Gosh darn it - speak already *shakes head*

Edit: good lord - we are waiting to hear the Republicans and instead the Dems are speaking live now???

[edit on 9/28/2008 by Relentless]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Relentless

The Republicans won't speak. They've been locked in a closet until the vote is over.
The country HAS been taken over. There is no Democracy any more. It has been a coup, without a gun being fired.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Yes you are right, Paulso had this deal already on the planning and on the making since the beginning of the year.

Only tabloids like sites were warning and writing about the plans but nobody took it seriously.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Not quite Marg...Ats is a force tobe reconned with and not all the sites are tabloid.

America is slamming their reps as we speak. Seriously, if this bill passes as written al ehll is gonna beark lose and the unemplyment line WIL be full of Senators and congressmen by the end of the year.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   

CNBC right now is saying that the bill that will be voted on, is essentially the same bill Paulson wanted, with a few small bones thrown in, to try to make it more palatable to the voters. In other words, they've done it to the people again.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I wonder if there is anyone or any organization with standing in the courts to challenge this whole thing. I mean someone should be able to make a case against the Administration that they were harmed by this takeover.
You would hope that the Supreme Court should have something to say about this. Can they just proclaim themselves to be above any court ruling? From what I understand, the worst part of the bill, about not being able to be reviewed, is still in there and is most likely made even stronger.

[edit on 28-9-2008 by jmdewey60]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

I am hoping this over an hour long delay waiting to hear from them is a sign in the peoples favor.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

The original bill (the 3 page one) specifically said no one could challenge it in a court of law.

I do think it has been softed, but I honestly have not had time to read the whole thing today as I have 2 personal crisises atm and it's all I can do to balance that with this - the biggest gov't event of our lifetimes.

Has anyone checked how that came out in the 107 page draft they are supossed to vote on?

I am specifically asking for someone to pick up the ball on this now. I will jump in when I can, but I have not read the whole thing yet. (Which is why I started this thread the way I did).

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Presser is speaking now.
Oh no, Boehner is indicating that they will support the bill. Now the sellout is complete. Even the House Republicans have given in!

[edit on 28-9-2008 by ProfEmeritus]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

You were right! *cries*

I wonder who is tied up in the back room?

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Probably Ron Paul and a few other patriots.
I'm afraid that Thomas Jefferson's fear in my signature has come true.

[edit on 28-9-2008 by ProfEmeritus]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I can't believe what I just heard on CNBC. (8:38pm ET)
The talking head just said, and I quote:
"Tomorrow, Wall Street is facing a NEW WORLD ORDER".
I wonder if she realizes how ironic that statement is.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
"Tomorrow, Wall Street is facing a NEW WORLD ORDER".
I wonder if she realizes how ironic that statement is.

Saw that too.....
Oh man..We are sooooooooo f'd....

Sorry for the short post, but I just feel we have been screwed over to the highest extreme.

We all (majority of us at least) wrote to our reps......... All the good that did...

I feel sick.

[edit on 9/28/2008 by justme2]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by justme2

I posted a new thread on that comment. I'm hoping someone has a way to get that clip of her making the comment, so we can post it.
You are right.. we are so f......
I'm waiting for tomorrow to see how my Congressman voted. If he voted for it, I will personally go door to door to every house in our development, and urge people to vote against him, and explain why.

This will WILL actually cause more harm, than if they did nothing. There are many economists that have said so. This is a complete ramrod by Bush and Pelosi. Not only are we now nationalizing banks and firms, but Great Britain just nationalized a second firm tonight. The NWO is taking over completely.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Freaking gosh - I have to go to bed. I am now

Hopefully tmorow the tide will turn again, but all they kept saying before the R's spoke was they have to wrap this up tomorrow because so many of them have the Jewish Observance at sundown (OKAY I DON'T WANT ANY ANTI-SEMITE REMARKS OVER THIS).

I am only mentioning it because it has me concerned there is no time left for the fight.. .Omgosh. I respect the members that have religious committments, but at the same time, give to Ceasar what is Ceasar's. If this has to be postponed so be it, don't rush it through because you have to go home.

I want to vote for that guy from Michigan. If only McCain or Obama would step to the plate, but hey are both disappointments in my book now. they are both Presidential Candidates AND currently elected officials that have a vote on this. Can't either one of them give us ANY hope for the future.

Oh, one thing I did notice in the R speech was that "in 5 years" we can act if the taxpayer is not getting their money's worth out of this. wasn't the orignal draft a two year thing except for 2 provisions.

Seriously, I am just sick over this.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
This is a complete ramrod by Bush and Pelosi. Not only are we now nationalizing banks and firms, but Great Britain just nationalized a second firm tonight. The NWO is taking over completely.

Yeah - I caught that one too and practically choked. Where is this going to end? Might as well go look in prophesies and predictions at this point.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Totally disgusting interview of Paulson on 60 Minutes tonight.

Paulson story on 60 minutes

This is just so "in your face".

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   

If only McCain or Obama would step to the plate, but hey are both disappointments in my book now. they are both Presidential Candidates AND currently elected officials that have a vote on this. Can't either one of them give us ANY hope for the future.

You're right Relentless. They have both shown their true colors. As far as I'm concerned, they are just as much a part of the problem. They are both obviously in the pockets of the bankers and Wall Street Execs. It doesn't matter which one is elected, it's bad. As Tevye said in Fiddler on the Roof:
"It doesn't matter whether the stone hits the jar, or the jar hits the stone, the result is always bad for the jar."
The American people are the jar.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join