It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The new movie "Eagle Eye"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Warning plot spoiler ahead !!!

I just say the movie "Eage Eye"

While I liked the special effects I mean who doesn't like the oohs and ahhs of action flicks.

But to describe the most important aspect of this move, if I had to use one word:

Perception.

The movie showcases some of the current "higher" technology the military uses on a day to day basis... (I bet some of you never thought that some predator drones we're that big...lol)

Anyway, the story's antagonist is this near AI computer system at the implied non existent 36th floor of the Pentagon. The system was designed to take in all forms of data...cameras, internet, credit card information, ATM cameras...etc etc..

Anyway, it determines referencing a part of its programming where the constitution apparently is its "prime directive".

Well as any computer or human for that matter I determines that the actions of the executive branch is detrimental to the country safety and liberty (Imagine that...lol) And as such it uses the movie characters as pawns in its plan to eliminate the President and 12 levels of succession down from them to stop what the AI believes is a threat to the country.

OK, the main just of my post is that throughout the entire move we are bombarded with depiction of just how much we are under surveillance in all aspects of our lives...everything. I indicates that you can be tracked from intersection to intersection., phone, well...just "it" sees you everywhere.

The imagery is dangerous. People are going to come away with a new injection of big brother fear in veins.

TO sum it up perfectly I merely have to tell you what I overheard when the movie was over:

"That was a pretty cool movie, you know the government has this type of stuff"

"Yeah I know, we're being tracked everywhere"

Just the PERCEPTION is "their" biggest tool, and this movie does wonders to promote that...

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Reminds me of when that movie, "Enemy of the State" came out with Will Smith and Gene Hackman in it. I literally # my pants at the extent of the capabilities of those in power when I first watched it 10 years ago. SO how much time has changed!

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Another thing I felt was that the computer was very revolutionary she wanted a revolution to bring liberty and control back to the united states, remember she had said that the government had to much power, she was following the constitution as we all should, she was for the people by the people, but she was the villian.

The imagery of this, picture millions of people seeing this movie and the imagery is graved into thier brains. Later a revolution begins the true heros, the revolutionary fighters trying to restore peace are turned into the villian automatically before fox news distorts their cause further.

This is FAR more dangerous as a revolution is closer and holds the outcome of our american system whether we go back to free or we becom further enslaved.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
i thought this would be a bigger thread. is there another?

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
IRONICALY and SYNCHRONISTICALY I watched this profound movie only two weeks ago and I must say it is definately another level in the "WOW" factor that I had when I first watched, "Enemy of the State" starring Will Smith and Gene Hackman.
Up there with the freaky movies of all time most definately for sure

ATS subject disclosure stuff 100%

top topics

join