It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain Suspends Campaign To Help With Financial Crisis

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
The McCain Camp is now saying that Obama's trip to Washington was "political".

I wonder where he got that idea?

That poster is hilarious! Sometimes you just have to laugh out loud!

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Why don't we wait until AFTER the election to fix this???????

I seem to notice that whenever this administration wants something, they wait till the last second......and say: PANIC! WE NEED TO DO THIS NOW (remember the patriot act?). I'm no economist........but, I'm sure that it can wait a month.

If everybody would try to look at the greater of the whole....and put the partisan crap aside... we could figure this issue out.

Lay out what each side wants.....compare.......compromise.........

SOLUTION!

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Grafilthy

Not when the compromise is
A: Your rights
B: Your future
C: Your money

I think everyone that can should draw up a proposal. And they be put up for vote. Let us chose our fate .

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   

That probably would be a good idea. But I ask you this.

If you really think there wasn't an urgent need that Bush would have came out with this at this moment?

for one, this hurts McCain chances of winning cause people would blame the party in office for the problem. Talk about giving somebody a poison pill. Bush did a number on McCain with this.

Second, he basically told the world that we are in deep sh--. This hurts us from many angles.

Based on this I am very weary if we really can wait till after the election.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Looks to me like McCain made something happen, he stopped a bill that would have put the tab on U.S. taxpayers for Wall Street mistakes, and now the democrats are all complaining. Who is more like GW? Looks to me like DNC elites are more like GW, while the group of repubs that have formed around McCain are the only people standing up to GW.

Thank God McCain suspended his campaign to respond to this national emergency in keeping GW and the DNC political machine from screwing U.S. taxpayers once again. If GW and Obama and the DNC pass this package sticking it to the U.S. taxpayers, they should pay heavily in November.

It is the same ole compromise, The DNC elites lets the GOP elites take care of the rich in exchange for the GOP elites allowing the DNC to take care of the charity cases, and the working class in the middle gets shafted once again. They want to bailout the bankers who made these loans that should have never qualified and the people who took out loans that they could not afford, by making the people smart enough not to go for this real estate rip off pay for the mistakes of others.

This is why big media is all in favor of Obama, they know which side of their bread is going to get buttered.

Obama is GW, and Obama and the DNC's support of this taxpayer rip off clearly shows this.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AndrewTB

Oh, how nice!, Is he helping out of his own pocket?

-rrr

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Yeah, but let's just hope what HE wants doesn't happen!

He wants less regulations and more tax breaks to go along with this bailout!

At White House, McCain Plays Bailout Spoiler

McCain bailout plan: More deregulation

That's the old McCain, less regulations to let big corporations run wild and more tax breaks for the rich and big business!

[edit on 9/26/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

If you really think there wasn't an urgent need that Bush would have came out with this at this moment?

for one, this hurts McCain chances of winning cause people would blame the party in office for the problem. Talk about giving somebody a poison pill. Bush did a number on McCain with this.

Jam-
With that being said...why is it his own party is stalling the deal then? Bush doesn't have the support of his own party now? I think there will be some sort of twist that will come out of the White House...in an attempt to make McCain look like the guy with the answer. Not sure it's gonna work though. We all knew that Bush would try SOMETHING.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   

to tell you the truth, they aren't. But the democrats have the number to pass through any proposal they want. They don't cause a good part of America are completely against it. If they pass something and all reps vote no then the dems would look bad. They don't want to be left holding the bag. Politics at its best.

But you know as well as I do that the reps would do the same if the roles were reversed.

Basically I say no to any of it.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Why then would Bush say it was an EMERGENCY......and not DEMAND the support of his party? Does he want to FORCE the Dems into being the bad guy EITHER WAY? Seems like the plan. Diabolical.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Graf, it isn't to make anybody look bad and he doesn't care who passes it he needs it. His party has basically brushed him off since the election started because he is so unpopular. Bush is on his way out and knows he is a lame duck.

The best question is why is Congress so surprised by all of this? With all the committees they have and all the reports they get in addition to all the connections they have, one has to wonder why they let the situation get this far.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

The only way we can get this done and make sure nobody gets the fallout is a complete unanimous vote. If it's so essential then WHY is it so hard to come to even a basic consensus? An outline? I would like to see SOMETHING done without the bickering in Congress. I wouldn't feel so bad about being the one paying their salaries.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

Typical smash and smear campaign by the media. Notice no sources are given for this allegation, that really has no basis in reality, only a loose framework of faulty logic. McCain's stance has been not to take sides, but only to get all positions out on the table. A very intelligent way of doing things. It is surprising how low mainstream journalism has sunk these days to put out such a blatant hit piece.

Here is an article that gives a much better picture.

voices.washingtonpost.com...

It would be nice for a forum such as this to get beyond the campaign rhetoric, and have a frank discussion of the realities at hand.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

The way I look at it, if they & many others were doing their jobs we wouldn't be in this mess. You say they should stop campaning now to do their jobs, while I say they haven't been doing their jobs all along.

This is all another example of how the gov't creates a problem & then tricks us (mostly by fear) into a solution that benefits them.

IMO the only way out of this is to vote for Ron Paul!

[edit on 26-9-2008 by corusso]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
watching the debate at moment as its live on t.v here in oz.
i've never heard either speak previously so was intrested to have a listen.

i'd actually love to see obama win though have to say that mcCain is doing a pretty good job in this debate situation.

*just heard spending on the iraq war is nearly a trillion $$ and over 4000 american troops killed

i have listened to many subjects already in regards to the economy, healthcare, taxes ect though no other subject has received so much talk and passion as in the subject of war. wars in which america have started, excuse me, are participating in. suppose because the biggest revenue comes from military & arms in america....?

[edit on 123030p://3544 by enlighten2012]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
You know ..some of you made some very good points ..
I am really starting to believe that the plan with McCain is people wont like him like they dont Bush so no one WILL VOTE FOR HIM ..so Obama can win (Is all planned that way ) ...I can actually see Obama as a UN Global Leader .....he is smooth and sweet and friendly ....and appeals to all people.
And dont forget those who are running the show ..want to stage an AntiChrist figure as the AC to come before they take complete power of the WORLD ..(Dont forget the Dominionist plots in this ) where they believe they need to bring this world to Christ (Kingdom on earth) before Christ comes (Not when he comes but without even needing him to do it ) ....They will need to stage as close to the biblical account as possible in order to fool even the elect (if it were possible which it is not ) but many will believe they are already in the trib after they see an AC (of sorts) .......and get them to fall away from the Lord (They will think they got left behind when in reality the prophecies are not coming true JUST YET ...but are staged to appear as if they are (the devil is all about DECEPTION ) ...it will be right after that (this coming staged event by them )the rapture will happen and the real trib will begin ...

I know some of you dont want to mix politics with religion but hey they are (TPTB)so dont we need to get down to their way of thinking in order to understand what they are doing and why they are doing it ?

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   
You know what's ironic. How democrats blame all of the economic woes on George Bush and tie it to the Republicans. The truth of that matter, if you do your research, it was the Democratic congress that prevented and deterred Greenspans warnings more than 3 years ago that if Congress did not make changes in the banking and mortgage system that it would cause a major inpact to our economy. Now read this well, I am not a party follower at all. In fact, I hate the fact that we have been forced into a 2 party system which is absolute crap and anything but a democracy, but people need to realize that our government is not run by the people. It is run by special interest groups and lobbyists. Our democratic congress and campaign officials are puppets that OWE their power to the businesses that pay their campaign funds. Its all a big hack. Please do your research and realize that our government is completely ran by these groups at this time. What the USA really needs is a change in the overall structure of government. Not just a simple change in leadership. The problem is that Congress passes these laws. Those serving in the senate or house need to have limited terms, no life terms based on reelection. All that does is allow special interest groups and lobbyists a person to focus funds on, and to insure their reelection. These people running for government and looking for lifetime security, financial and otherwise, are not looking out for the common people. They want security for themselves and family. Terms need to be limited for all. Maybe a 12 year max. Things have gotten ridiculous. Power is in big business. The common mans interest is not at heart. It is 100% not. Wake up everyone, You are not living in the world that you think you are.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Well, it looks like the trial balloon of McCain ‘suspending’ his campaign didn’t float. That’s very good news for all of us as this was just testing the waters for a suspension of the election IMO. Of course it may happen yet, but it’s going to take something bigger than this trumped up banker buggering of the people to get it done.

I’m amazed by all of the politics as usual in this thread, though perhaps I shouldn’t be. It’s the D’s fault! It’s the R’s fault! Wake up people, there’s not a dimes worth of difference among the republicRATS. The two parties are just opposite ends of the pendulum’s swing, and with every reciprocation it cuts more of our money and freedom away.

edit sp

[edit on 27-9-2008 by resistor]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Hahah just found this one had to share it .

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I think it's the first move towards suspending the election in November.

It's 100% political. He could make his desires known and even vote on the bailout and still be in Mississippi Friday night for the debate. He just doesn't want to debate Obama when the polls have Obama 9 points ahead, the economy (his weak point) is in crisis and he has been sticking his foot in his mouth at every turn for the past couple weeks.

If you are correct then, would not this previous post (which the moderator did not seem to want discussed)
gain a little more credibility ?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24 >>

join