It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin Bans Reporters From Her Meeting With World Leaders.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Palin Bans Reporters From Her Meeting With World Leaders.

news.yahoo.com

NEW YORK - Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin, who has not held a press conference in nearly four weeks of campaigning, on Tuesday banned reporters from her first meetings with world leaders, allowing access only to photographers and a television crew.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
The American people and people world wide should be allowed to have open access to what our potential Vice President has to say behind closed doors. Unedited, in real time, without any tilt from the single television crew she allowed into the conference.

As Americans we need to push for political transparency for our standing political officials and potential future ones. This "behind the doors" thing has to go.

We cannot allow ourselves to be left out in the dark any longer. That is partially why we are in this mess.

Demand more!

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
In the land of freespeech a vice presidential NOMINEE has the ability and good cause to suspend the constitutional laws of freedom of the press.

And why are these meeting important if she is not in power yet? Could it be because the elections are rigged and McCain Palin ARE the next in line?

....Man we live in such a BS tyranny.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by titorite

McCain/Palin or Obama/Biden should have a mic strapped to them even in their sleep. We need to be aware of everything these people are capable of. If this woman has trouble speaking and conversing with these key leaders, that should be in the spotlight.

The only one I trust actually talking to these people out of the 4 horseman is Biden. He's a mover and shaker, but I would like to see what the other 3 have to offer America in terms of how they communicate with people.

[edit on 23-9-2008 by DeadFlagBlues]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
....but she DOES allow photographers...

That tells me she has one job only. To look pretty.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Grafilthy

Exactly. She knows people will take her for face value. Photographs don't do as good a job in seeing one's true momentary expressions, and it sure as hell doesn't capture the legitimacy of her words. I want to see the words come out of her mouth. This whole set up is so dishonest to me.

And on the flip side, a live stream would disallow any slimy editing jobs like the one ABC had already hit her with.

The truth needs to be visible.

We are America. You're one heartbeat away from the presidency. You need to be honest.

Enough with the insecure secrecy already.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

I'm reading now that the MSM is basically ready for a boycott of Palin for her refusal to answer ANY questions WHATSOEVER! They are all ready to pull her coverage if she won't start answering some questions. I really think Biden needs to debate her......no funny little "small town girl" crap. A real debate. Biden will hammer her on foreign policy, economy, energy, special interests......all she will be able to do is tell stories about her kid's hockey practice and the last PTA meeting she went to. Hilarious.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
ironic that Palin was supposed to be the face of transparency. Anything but.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Grafilthy

You are clueless my friend.

I think the MSM pulling their coverage of Palin would be the best thing that could happen. They are on a mission to destroy her.

And in case you forgot, vice presidential nominees do have a debate. A real debate. So we will see just how much Biden "destroys" her then won't we.

And by the way, are we talking about the same Biden here? The one who criticizes his nominees ads? The one who says there will be no clean coal in American after Obama pledges 200 million to clean coal? The one who suggests he wasn't the best man for the job?

You're right. I can't wait for that debate.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
By the way, your article also says she is allowing reporters now. Oh well.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by scientist

Good observation, my man.

It's like this day and age we live in is opposite day for our politicians. Bush has "humble foreign policy" and his "No Child Left Behind Act!" The first one has been dropping bombs in a total of 3 countries and a 7 year occupation. The second has laid waste to the already lacking education system Obama has vowed never to take "dirty money," but he has 15 million in funds that came from "somewhere." Biden talks about how we don't need to cater to Israel, but speaks and takes money from AIPAC. We have McCain saying he had taken a stand against big money/big business, but receives money from a spectrum of corporations.

It's outrageous what we've let these people get away with.

And honestly.. Look at almost any economic or social policy's name, and look at the job they've done. It is the opposite of proposed goal. It is literally opposite day in Washington and we're letting them get away with it. It's been that way since as far back as Kennedy, at least.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Yes, but it's selective. She'll let a photographer and one T.V. crew in only. Things of this matter shouldn't be selective because the press is trying to destroy her. If she has integrity, then she will not fail under scrutiny. Showing that she'll only allow chosen members of the media to me, just means that she's playing the same game that her opponents are. Pick and choose. That's not how it should be for someone who could become president. And NYK, if you're going to be fair, be fair. This whole right lean is just as bad and counter productive as a left lean. Get real.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Right on time and right on talking points (I read em' too)!

Are you sure she will let any camera's in to that debate???

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grafilthy
Right on time and right on talking points (I read em' too)!

Not sure what you're talking about here?

Are you sure she will let any camera's in to that debate???

Yes. It's a national debate. I sense your sarcasm here and don't believe it's warranted.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grafilthy
....but she DOES allow photographers...

That tells me she has one job only. To look pretty.

You know what, you were spot on. I've been watching the news. No serious talks! No discussions with anybody about anything relevant to the American people! Some incoherent ramble and head nodding with Kissinger! and 1,000 flashing lights.

This was a photo op the whole time. Probably working on convincing people that she has some sort of "foreign diplomatic" experience.

Pictures don't tell words. Today, and for a few days to come, newspapers will be plastered with Palin meeting with what seems to be "foreign people." Subversively saying "She has the experience!"

And I thought the dumbing down was a joke.

I thought wrong.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
The article you linked to describes her as having met with several leaders, each of whom describes her as very competent and skilled. They describe her as asking the right questions and not trying to butt in and force her views, but listen to theirs. How is this a bad thing?

Simply because she chose to meet in private and not have big press conferences? Who cares?

As long as the job gets done, I don't care if she answers some stock questions from some media hacks or not.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

"Asking all the right questions?"

They sat down for a matter of minutes and now she's qualified to help lead a nation into the darkest era since the 30's? A homemaker leading us into an American darkage.

But, obviously you've bought in a long time ago, homeboy. You're their bread and butter, so easily convinced.

As long as it's your team, it's "just."

These are our choices... A guy who has 140 days of experience and a hockey mom and all the deaf, dumb, and blind following them off the cliff.

I'm excited for 2009.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
" Palin Bans Reporters From Her Meeting With World Leaders"

I'm not concerned anymore.

Why do they want to cover Palin?

They didn't cover RON PAUL when his group marched on the Capitol. They virtually ignored RON PAUL during most of his campaign and even started rumors he was dropping out even when he wasn't! They ignored the best candidate ever, to push the enemy as good for us. That's what they always do.

The only thing that exists, is the APPEARANCE of a free press and free speech.

There is no free speech

There is no free press

It's one big freaking lie, by the tyrants that we allowed to take over.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues
"Asking all the right questions?"

Not my words.

"I found her quite a capable woman," Karzai said later. "She asked the right questions on Afghanistan."

Her meeting with Kissinger, which lasted more than an hour, covered a range of national security and foreign policy issues, specifically Russia, Iran and China.

"Rather than make specific policy prescriptions, she was largely listening, having an exchange of views and also very interested in forming a relationship with people she met with today," he said

Sounds like others are impressed with her. So what's wrong with that?

Isn't that the point of foreign relations?

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Are you kidding me?

"We talked for half an hour, she's real great."

But, I guess you can cover all the basis of the drastic changes happening in Afghanistan and the international relations regarding so in one sit down. To be impressed with someone takes more than one talk. One trivial interview in front of flashing lights does not constitute experience. One photo op interview does not allow someone to "endorse" someone else.

I saw some of the interview with Kissinger... He was unintelligible Nobody could understand what he was even saying, but he's "impressed" with her. She was "largely listening" because she doesn't know what to say, or what the hell he is saying.

Like I said, you fell for this. You're satisified.

I'd be all for her if she knew what she was doing or had any prior experience facing serious world issues raging on around us. But she doesn't. Where as a few sit downs is good for you. A photo op was good enough to be a pacifier for you.

No. I want power. Strength. Integrity. Honesty. Realism.

Not somebody who parades around pretending to have those values.

The hardest decision she's ever had to make was whether or not to cooperate with the court regarding firing a local librarian because she wouldn't ban a book and a state trooper who is in a custody dispute with her sister.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join