It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

***Amber Alert*** Cleveland TX - 4 Children Taken At Gunpoint

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   

CLEVELAND, Texas -- An Amber Alert was issued Tuesday for four children who were taken at gunpoint, police told KPRC Local 2.

Cleveland police said Ramiro Contreras, 24, went to his children's maternal grandparents' home with a gun at about 5 a.m.

Source

When officers arrived, Contreras, his four children and the mother of the children, Amy, were gone.

An Amber Alert was issued for:

Isabel, 1
Abigail, 2
Ray Alexander, 3
Helena, age unknown

Contreras may be driving a 2002 four-door maroon Pontiac Grand Am with Texas license plate No. FXV 969 or a four-door burgundy Oldsmobile Alero with Texas license plate No. FFS 944.

He should be considered armed and dangerous, police said.

Anyone with information is asked to call Cleveland police at 281-592-2621 or their local law enforcement agency.

Any ATSers in the area please keep an eye out.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
God Help them.

Thank goodness at least the Mother is with them.

I hope it all turns out alright.

Think positive everyone and send them your prayers - or whatever you use to help out others in a crisis.

... * ...

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
While not near your location... I like the fact that you shared this with us... you never know... maybe those nearby might be able to help.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

When it comes to children, I'm a big softy... I can't stand to see children mistreated. I try to post these when I see them.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I hope the mother and the children are allright.. having a psychotic 'dad' with a gun and highly propably incapable of mentally accepting a break-up is not a situation I'd wish on anybody.

It is conjecture, indeed, but my guess is the kids and the mother where at the grandparents' house running away from him in the first place.

I so hope I'm wrong and they're all on the way to Mexico and live in a beach house, happily ever after.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Not to burst bubbles but these scenarios generally end badly with Murder/suicide as the end result.

With current situations, we may see more of this unfortunately.

One of those times I hope I am wrong

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Grailkeeper

One of those times I think we ALL hope your wrong...

What a sick little world I'm apart of....

Fox.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
That is sick and disgusting. I hope they find the 5 alive and well, and put than man away for a long time.

I know someone's going to come along and try to excuse what he's done by saying the divorce courts screwed him over... what a load... no "Screwing over" justifies taking your kids and their mother at gunpoint.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
There was an amber alert over the weekend with 4 kids taken by the mom. Interstate flight is the suspicion but the FBI are not involved, yet. Only up side to this is the oldest is reported at 14 so he is big enough to fend off his mom if she goes further nuts.

I get messages all the time on my phone about amber alerts in the area. It's almost the norm for this to happen now. Says a lot about our society.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Have you ever seen the docu called 'the drugging of our children' ?

In it, a mother testifys how her son was forced to take mind altering drugs.
After she fought it tooth and nail, they comitted the child to a state-orphanage. She managed to trick the ward and she and her sons made it to Canada.

Sometimes hatred is the cause, but you can't pile 'em all on the same stack

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Officers issued the for 3-year-old Ray Alexander Contreras and his sisters, 2-year-old Abigail, 1-year-old Isabel and 7-month-old Helena.

Houston Chronicle link

I have to agree that these situations are usually very negative for the woman involved. The man firing a gun while abducting the family does not sound like a mentally sound person.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Phatcat

Hi there. As it turns out, they were at the grand parents house trying to get away from him. He actually shot and killed the grandmother, beat her sister in the head with a rifle and shot at her two brothers. Mom and all four kiddos were returned yesterday evening unharmed. He of course, ran off. They go to my church. Pretty sad story. Please keep all of them in your prayers

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Here are a couple of thoughts on this issue:

1) This is the most probably outcome when you choose to breed with thugs. Women, you don't want your kids kidnapped by your "ex"? Quit breeding with thugs.

2) This father was decent, but his wife used the kids as a way to "get back" at him, and denied his visitations. (Happens WAY MORE than you would guess). He finally snapped.

3) From statistics, DESPITE WHAT THE MSM WOULD HAVE YOU BELIEVE, the biological father is the person LEAST LIKELY to harm their children. From those same statistics, we know that the BIOLOGICAL MOTHER (If she is single) is the person MOST LIKELY to harm their children. Boyfriends/stepdads are second on that list.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
This story is tragic and I sincerely wish for the best possible outcome for those involved (I understand that the mother and children were found unharmed).

However, this story is another example of a biased system/media coverage and there is no time better than now to adress it:

The amber alert system/massive media coverage of this event is a pathetic. The 'amber alert' is rarely used properly and the media should hang it's head in well-earned shame.

With very few exceptions, the amber alert's are called into affect when the case is especially dramatic (a car jacking with a child in the back seat, the topic of this particular thread, etc). I understand that with the alarmingly high number of child abductions every year that you can't possibly 'amber alert' each and every case, but to, seemingly, only issue the alert when the circumstances make for good television is disgusting.

And that brings me to my next problem: Media coverage.

The media is 'all over' stories of well-to-do white children; especially if it is a girl. There is no debating this point, there is no, "That is just your opinion" bickering. It is how it is.

I, until recently, lived relatively close to New York City and was equally close to Hoboken, Trenton and other major cities in the area. I spent alot of time in the first two mentioned.

If a Manhattanite's child was kidnapped the city lost its god damn mind. There would be 'crying for the camera', vigils attended by high-profile public officials, pledges to catch those responsible and dozens of police/hundreds if not thousands of man hours. The media attention is overwhelming.

Now, if three children were kidnapped from say...a Section 8 housing project near abouts 125'th street (Harlem for those not familiar with the city), you might read about it burried in the police blotter. The media could not care less, and the public awareness is almost always limited to parents and loved ones. The media silence is deafening.

Little white girls with well-to-do/high profile parents are apparently worth more time and emotion than poor children or those children not 'lucky enough' to be white.

To non-directly place the value of certain children over others is pathetic and we should, as a people, demand that this situation/system be adressed and changed!

new topics

top topics

join