It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALERT Pictures: Portable PRISON CELLS unloaded in PROVO, UTAH

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   

ALERT Pictures: Portable PRISON CELLS unloaded in PROVO, UTAH

www.fourwinds10.com

Prison cells that are designed to snap together to build a prison anywhere at any time to meet the demand.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Well here we go....portable prisons. Wonder if the upgraded versions come with a toilet.

www.fourwinds10.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
With our drug laws, everybody is in jail or headed that way. Our jails in Utah are so packed that we're turning away "violent offenders" sometimes. People are being booked, processed, and turned loose. Provo is 15 minutes away from the Utah State Prison in Draper. Provo also has a small jail that I'm sure is facing the same issue as jails in Salt Lake. Don't get so worked up Solar, but good looking out.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
You know this is SICK.

I think we should all have the message by now.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Hrm, maybe we can set some up in/near the U.S. capital building. I'm sure most people will read into this way too deep

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Do these things remind anyone else of the prison complex buildings in Battlefield 2142?

Easily dropped into place, put together, modular prison complexes?

I believe the map was called breakout, or something to that effect. Used to be one of my favorite maps to play on. Back when I played the game.

Ah well, from fiction to reality, by means of the dreamers.

I'm rather perturbed by the implication of these cells. To be constructed wherever needed, and obviously intended to be temporary.
There are few reasons I can think of for such temporary prison complexes, the most prominent in my mind is for political dissension.

Who knows, perhaps speaking against your government outside of your designated free speech zones might just become illegal indeed.

Lets hope I'm wrong.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
to the 2nd poster: while I am 100% against the drug laws (obviously marijuana is less harmful than alcohol.. but even the harmful drugs I am against having laws that oppose their use ~ why should my tax $$ pay for the choices that ppl make to harm their bodies), I also have to say that since there are laws against the use of drugs, those who use them are well aware of what lays ahead of them should they be caught.

Yes, reality sucks, but until the laws change for the better, they are taking the risk of these consequences into their own hands (oh, and the hands of those whose tax $$ is paying for their 'living' arrangements).

Something tells me though that things may have gotten out of hand when we have to turn to porta-prisons. I don't write the rules, so I guess I must abide by them.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

My sweet dear....

Welcome to Sherriff Joe's Tent City...Plenty of room here in Maricopa County Arizona. Home of the pink underwear and pink handcuffs with plenty of Opera Music.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.sheriffjoe.org...

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

Great post, star and flag! The last picture of the inside of one of them has me puzzled, where's the umm, toilet?

I don't see a mass amount of these, which leads me to think this may be a solution for an overcrowded jail, they seem like they could be easily added to an exsisting building. Now, if the picture showed mass amounts of these things I would worry about who/what they are for!

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma
to the 2nd poster: while I am 100% against the drug laws (obviously marijuana is less harmful than alcohol.. but even the harmful drugs I am against having laws that oppose their use ~ why should my tax $$ pay for the choices that ppl make to harm their bodies), I also have to say that since there are laws against the use of drugs, those who use them are well aware of what lays ahead of them should they be caught.

Yes, reality sucks, but until the laws change for the better, they are taking the risk of these consequences into their own hands (oh, and the hands of those whose tax $$ is paying for their 'living' arrangements).

Something tells me though that things may have gotten out of hand when we have to turn to porta-prisons. I don't write the rules, so I guess I must abide by them.

I did not take what the poster said to be an advocation of law breaking. What I got out of it was that because the drug laws suck, violent offenders get to go loose. Yes the laws suck but if they are gonna let someone go anyway, how about the pot smoker and keep the violent guy?

But maybe that is just how I read it.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Yeah, where is the terlet? It seems like it would not have been a huge stretch to put a toilet and a pipe in there and they could all snap into a pipeline of some sort but maybe they are soooo temporary that noone will even need to potty in them.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MorningStar8741Yes the laws suck but if they are gonna let someone go anyway, how about the pot smoker and keep the violent guy?

But maybe that is just how I read it.

well, as I stated, I don't make the rules. I wouldn't disagree with this question if it is based on something that is actually happening (not saying it is or isn't.. just that I am unsure). Again, I am anti drug laws. they seem to benefit no one except those looking to line their bank accounts w/ some extra padding

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
How do we know that they are not gunner stations? Looks like the table is set up for laptops and the windows would be unnecessary for holding facilities. My guess is that they are for Military with the thick concrete walls.
Question is 'why' do they know something is about to happen like an invasion?

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
How do we know that they are not gunner stations? Looks like the table is set up for laptops and the windows would be unnecessary for holding facilities. My guess is that they are for Military with the thick concrete walls.
Question is 'why' do they know something is about to happen like an invasion?

Have a look at the 4th photo, the one with the hobbit wearing sunglasses.

Those doors have food tray passages. That would be an interesting way to feed the gunners.

[edit on 21-9-2008 by solarstorm]

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I would relax everyone, These units are for over populated prisons.

I saw a show on one of the educational channels a while back that showed the inside of these cells and yes it has a john. it was built with rebar about 2 inches apart built into the concrete and the individual stated that it was escape proof so they said.

other then that, the only good for these units would be a work farm in an isolated area.

and lets hope they don't figure that out.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by tiso_usother then that, the only good for these units would be a work farm in an isolated area.

and lets hope they don't figure that out.

So, if they haven't, I guess your mentioning it wouldn't be a problem, eh?

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Ok, just thinking they looked pretty nice and expensive compared to the metal fences with barbed wire I have been shown around here lately...

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   

excuse me for getting off topic but:
Joe Arpaio is a tyrannical megalomaniac nutcase. My dad, a lawyer, admitted that the guy's view of jurisprudence and punishment was beyond warped.

Anyhow, my contribution is this: what does it say about a society when we can't even house our prison population because it is so d**n massive?

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
HOLY CRAP!!! I have seen these things!!! PEOPLE the train track line they are using runs through central texas. Me and mine wondered what they could be... We assumed they where utility boxes of some kind... After seeing the photos.. I can tell ya from first hand experience those ARE jail cells. Lego jail cells ready to put you away anyone who stays too long in Galveston texas perhaps, I do not know...

Man I just can not believe I have seen these things cross MY train tacks.. Folks if you see these things I am not gonna say you should damage them... BUt you know.. And if you dont wanna take a jack hammer out then I am not gonna say you should not spray paint the heck outta them.. but you know...

These is monstrous. I am not gonna say action should be taken...but you know..

[edit on 22-9-2008 by titorite]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by EtSolveMundiwhat does it say about a society when we can't even house our prison population because it is so d**n massive?

Uhm.. that we aren't building enough prisons?

Not sure why ppl have such a problem with standing perfectly still as a law
[sarcastic tone should be inserted into the post]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join