It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We need a new kind of politician

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Some of you might have seen my new avatar. Today, and till election day, I am protesting the same old politicians. Many of you may still be pointing at the right and the left, but we need a new kind of politician. Someone who can help all of us. I thought it was Ron Paul but he pulled out, and now the choices aren't even close to being the type of leader I want. I have been given the choice by the media to pick the lesser of two evils. When you pick the lesser of two evils, you're still choosing evil. How can we find someone who came from where we are, and help Americans not corporate and foreign companies. Our future is at stake, and we are doing nothing about it. Lets ditch the old man, and the un experienced new-comer. We find someone who comes from the ditches and alleys that we are all from. Someone who knows hard work and strife. Someone who wasn't given the position they are now, who worked for everything they have. We need a change. George Washington started where his people were. He wasn't given his place in history, he earned it. Blood, sweat, and tears are the platform of my next president.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
William Shatner would be a great President !

If he is asked how he will solve the United States, multi-trillion dollar deficit, he will just say,
"Pull my finger."

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
The Major would like to correct your errant hypothesis. There is no need for a "new kind" of politician, however, there is call for a certain kind of "old politician."

Dismissed.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Oh Major Discrepency, i always find my heart skipping a beat when i see you always comical posts. I sure hope your posts are meant to be nothing more than a joke or else i might try to get you submitted in the Arkham Asylum.

To the OP, i completely agree with you, we need a new politician but we will never get one if we allow the MSM to pick our candidates for us! This is exactly how EVERY Republican Candidate was forced to drop out, they didn't get anywhere close to the amount of attention good ol agin McCain received. We are the future, we are the change. It's up to us who we let manipulate us

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by screamo

The Major doesn't do comedy. The Major posts for the edification of the troops, in hope of lifting them from the intellectually down trodden status that the currently endure enabling them to rise to be more enlightened beings leading productive and erudite lives.

The Major would also like to point out that the Arkham Asylum is a fictional place, ensconced within the pages of the DC Comics Batman series; to the contrary and much to the dismay of some, the Major is quite real. Please file that away for future reference lest the men with large butterfly nets pursue you, vice the Major.

The Major will now engage in the requisite on topic discussion. Cincinnatus is precisely the model we need for our current generation of political leadership. Competent, yet not obsessed with office, unyielding in civic virtue and blessed with the wisdom of when to step down and return to the plow. The Major hasn't trusted a politician since Cincinnatus.

Dismissed.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Thank you all. the one thing that I am trying to say with this is that, the politicians of today and the recent past have hurt the american people. There greed feeds our strife. It should finaly be our time to choose who we want as a leader. I want to pick my next president, not be told who I have a choice of. If you agree and want someone else to chose from don't be shy, we can't show the world till we show ATS. If you agree show your suport by flagging or staring. We want a diffrence and we will be herd.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Outrageously simple. Enact laws that make politicians legally responsible for their statements and their actions. Most especially The Constitution. Any attempt to circumvent, ignore or violate will constitute treason and be dealt with accordingly. Either that or go retro on their asses and roll-out the guillotine.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
What we need at the helm of our country is a true statesman. One that cares only about the people and not the big money boys.

We need a fair and honest president who will lead with integrity and passion to repair our country and cause us to once again to have pride and patriotism.

We need leadership that will work for all classes of Americans so that we might all prosper.

In my opinion elections should not depend on who can raise the most money. A set amount of funds should be made available for elections. Each candidate given an equal share of the funds.

We need to make it possible for wise and honest men and women of integrity to have an equal chance to govern our country no matter what their persaonal financial position may be.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
We need people like Ron Paul.

He knows how deep the rabbit hole goes...

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I just found this video of Cynthia McKinney grilling Rumsfeld.

www.youtube.com...

She seems well informed and spoken and is even electable in the green party this year.

[edit on 19-9-2008 by Grey Magic]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I think the idea we need politicians is a self-perpetuating myth.. but I do agree that, since we are stuck with politicians, we could do much better for ourselves then the self-serving slime which is currently in power.

And I don't aim this at America, it goes for just about every nation, country, duchy, Kingdom, or whatever the association of people is called.

If the system got rebalanced and we'd get statesmen instead of politicians I'm sure the banks would foreclose on the debts we owe them and force us back in the fold though.. politicians who would sell their own mothers are what they need, not people interested in actually making a change for the better..

new topics

top topics

join