It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is every Meier photo a fake ?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
This thread is indicative of the reasons I tend to avoid ATS these days.

Jeff, Jeremy, you'll have more success convincing Meierites to vote for Sarah Palin as president of the Billy Liar fan club. One good BS artist deserves another.

I'm just sayin...

dB

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by gib_niner
hey derekB,
Yes of course the image is of Michelle - but
the Asket/Nera photos were originally manipulated by photographer, Mr. S., who was coerced and threatened by the MiB (Men in Black).

That's pure speculation. "Mr. S." did it. Why isn't he named? I can think of a good reason. Later on in the Meier info it is mentioned that "S." passed away. Now that's convenient. Smoke-screens and dead-ends. The case is littered with them, especially when matters get dubious. Nice try Gib..., but it remains a weak excuse. A category below "my dog ate my homework".

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by NightVision

Hello.

I have quickly done some "save as" changes to the IIG photo that NightVision was using when discussing distance hazing, or lack thereof.

Let's start with the original image:

This was downloaded from this location: www.iigwest.org...
The image is a 600dpi JPEG that is 394 pixels wide and 263 pixels tall.

Here is the next image:

This image is a "save as" of the previous image. This image was saved as a 72dpi medium quality JPEG that is 324 pixels wide and 216 pixels tall. Just by reducing the dpi you start to see the image degradation.

Here is the next image:

This image is a "save as" of the previous image. This image was saved as a GIF. All other settings are the same. You will see even more image degradation.

Here is the last image:

This image is a "save as" of the previous image. This image was saved as a medium quality JPEG. All other settings are the same. You will now see even more image degradation.

I hope that this will demonstrate how image degradation can be misinterpreted as distance hazing. There is no way to know what the signal path was for any of the Meier photos, so I am unable to replicate it exactly.

-Derek

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Hello.

I just wanted to let you know that the IIG's examination into the Billy Meier Wedding Cake UFO has been completed and posted online. You can go directly to the Wedding Cake UFO Deconstruction Report here: www.iigwest.org...

You can view the rest of the report here: www.iigwest.org...

-Derek

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by derekcbart

Awesome job man. It's great that we have people like yourself around to put these things where they need to be.

I applaud you.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Great stuff Derek

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Aspie

MICHAEL HORN

Well known zealot of, advocate, promoter, and official media rep for phony contactee Billy Meier. Disagree with Horn or offer proof showing Meier to be the fraud he is and Horn will blow his stack while demanding an apology. Horn presents himself as a neutral observer and researcher, but has a clear agenda in promoting the Meier case and one not need look far to see that Horn sells Meier DVDs, books, lectures, music, CDs, and anything else he can. Horn likes to promote Meier's 'wedding cake' UFO photos as proof beyond a doubt. It is both painful and just embarassing to watch someone actually endorse these photos as real. Horn likes to cite the work of other pro-Meier people (Wendell Stevens, Jim Dilettoso, Lee and Brit Elders) when asked for proof. After all, Horn actually believes the Meier case is true because all the pro-Meier literature says so. Someone once referreed to Horn as the Pat Robertson of UFOs. For more on fruitcake Horn and his shameless promotion of Meier, see Horn's website and be sure to read his bio where he proudly lists his having invented the fingernail art fad. Now that should qualify anyone to be an investigator! Also see more 'wedding cake' UFO analysis, The Paracast show where the hosts tear Horn to ribbons, and a page where the author replicates Meier photos with ease. ufowatchdog.com has viewed Horn's DVD on the Meier case...don't waste your money - though it does make a great drink coaster.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Great work, glad to see such an awesomely detailed explanation.

Keep it up!

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
img411.imageshack.us...

1. WCUFO , check the stone wall size to the right.

2. Now look at the prophet meier itself on a motorcycle next to the stone wall. check the size of the wall and now look back at the WCUFO!!!! need to explain more?

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by philjwolf

Good summing up philjwolf, could not agree with you more. That was a classic episode of the Paracast, and the message board thread with sad Michael was great too.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Great work Derek. I hope the site ends up high on the list of a Google search. While I'm a pro-UFO guy it's still important to point out the frauds in ufology and Meier's WC UFO series is just one fraudulant mess.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aspie
Great stuff Derek

Great stuff Aspie. Shoot, Meier made the ultimate mistake, he should have sold the WC UFO as an extra additional lid/ornament for the harcostar drum. Maybe he could have made some money of that. It would have looked nice on many farms, especially around Christmas..

[edit on 4-10-2008 by TerraX]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Here's another one

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Most of the pictures that are being `debunked` here were not taken by Billy and were produced for the reason of disproving his claims. Although I really don't expect to sway anyone ... seeing is believing I guess and all the pictures , sounds , film wont convince those who are unwilling to look beyond there own beliefs. Show most people a blurry possible ufo photo and they can go hmmmmm..... But show them one that's to much in their face and real and that's to troubling to their perception of how things are . This is what lies behind the strong denials of this case.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemooone2
Most of the pictures that are being `debunked` here were not taken by Billy and were produced for the reason of disproving his claims.

Do you have any evidence to support this claim? All of the photographs that I have examined are claimed as being authentic by Meier or his supporters.

-Derek

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Somewhat new-ish photo that has come to light

look familiar anybody - ??

beamship type 1 i would think.... if memory serves.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by communicator
I dont know the answer but someone said a very logical thing... that with time these UFO also appear sleek like new cars and planes... old ones look less streamlined... and this says a lot of thing...

[edit on 18-9-2008 by communicator]

Haha. I made that thread
Thanks.

As for Billy pics, I'm really no image expert. They do seem a little good to be true, and from what I've heard about his story's, I haven't found any of them too believable.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join