It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Precognitive Dreams, the dreams that come true.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Mine have been like a photograph or video in their accuracy, and except for two, which had slight variations, the setting was exactly the same as far as I could determine. The real scene would appear anywhere from a day to over 5 years after the dream. Also, the preceding events which led up to the real event were sometimes totally out of my control. For example, in one case, a couple I knew had to break up, and she had to move away from home in order for the scenario to develop. There was no way I could have influenced such actions to occur. And I never know which of my dreams will end up being precognitive until the scene appears later. Thus my concept of time has necessarily had to be drastically revised in order for me to have an acceptable explanation of how this is possible.

1.) I dreamt I was driving with Paul McCartney and Wings in an old beater car up through a narrow, winding valley. Around two weeks later, I was sent to a job at a place called Ryder Lake, I had never been there. As I started to enter the valley, I noticed that the steep sides and the flat low overcast cloud made it seem like I was indoors, exactly like my dream, no Wings though. I was alone. I was amazed how exactly the same it looked and said to myself out loud, well if this is the same, I should come around a corner to the right and see a big white farmhouse with a wrap around veranda.....about two or three turns later, I came around a corner to the right and burst out laughing.....there it was. Many years later, I met a man who knew the lady who lived in that house, he recognized it when I told him the story.
2.) I was in San Francisco with my ex. and we were just leaving fishermans wharf when I stopped dead in my tracks. She said what? I was standing exactly where I had been in a dream, on a boardwalk beside a white landscapers pickup full of rakes and shovels etc. It was parked on an angle in the middle of the boardwalk, not lined up with anything, and was exactly the same as a scene in a dream from a few weeks earlier. I live in Canada, and when I had the dream, I thought nothing of it, never even thought it might be SanFran, or precognitive till that moment.
3.) When I was in grade two, I had a dream that a boy in my class was kidnapped and taken to a cave. the kidnappers broke a window of my classroom to get in. When I was having breakfast and telling my brother (who was in grade one) about it, he swore he had the same dream. My mom, who was in the kitchen too, said she had the same dream too. Well, I got to school, and the window was broken and the boy was not in class. He never did come back. I assume that his family just moved away or something, but still....my dream was right about him being gone, and the window being broken.
4.) Back in 1983, my best friend's girlfriend was in a dream I had, and I told him about it, she and I were kissing, it did not go over well, so I shut up. They broke up a month or so later, she moved out of her parents and into a basement suite, and I was over there one night, and just as we started to kiss I realized it was the basement suite in my dream, exactly the same. When I had the dream she was dating him, living at home. Within a couple of months of the dream, they split up, she moved into a basement suite, and one night as we kissed, I remembered the dream and looked around. The couch and tv were in the same place, the carpet was chocolate brown, and the couch, beige, the same colour, and there were a couple of sheets of writing paper lying on the floor in front of the tv in the same place and orientation as in my dream. It was unmistakable that it was the same scene I dreamt of months earlier.
5.) When I was about 20 I had a dream I was in my car, and it was spinning, but even though I wanted it to stop, I was unable to control it, and I didn’t understand why. Christmas eve, which was within a few days later, I had too many festive brews at a friends house, and his dad drove me home in my own car. He lived on a cul-de-sac and as he drove around the circular turn around at the end of the street, the motion was slightly nauseating for me, and as I sat there, I recalled the dream, and felt that I now knew why I wasn’t able to stop the spinning.
6.) I dreamt my landlord was in my bathroom, and though he only comes by once a year or so, the next day he came by and asked to use the bathroom.
7.There was one type that I had more than once, wherein I was in a city, and could hear the footfalls of a dinosaur somewhere nearby, but in these dreams, I never saw the dinosaur. I would stand there looking up at the high buildings, and realize that they were blocking my view. Many years later, as a teen, I was at an outdoor concert, in a stadium, when Blue Oyster Cult took the stage. As the footfall sounds started reverberating through the air, which were the intro to their hit song Godzilla, I looked up and saw the high walls of the stadium all around me. I instantly felt just like I was back in one of my dreams from long before.
8.) I dreamt I was sitting on a sofa below a large window, with sunlight streaming into the room. Beside me was the singer Sade, and we were chatting, I noticed she had freckles and commented that I didn’t know she had freckles. Then, around a month or so later, I was in a local music store, and I flipped through the Sade cd’s, finding that on the cd’s I had seen before, two of which I had owned, she was wearing make up and you could not see any freckles. But, then I saw a UK import I hadn’t recalled ever seeing before, which showed her on a beach. Her face was lit by long yellow rays from a sun that was low in the sky. It clearly showed her freckles, which made me smile, and think to myself, ‘I knew that she had freckles, cuz she told me.’

After my fiance spoke for the first time since a car hit her over two months before, I remembered a dream I had over 8 years ago, (5+ years before I met the love of my life) where I was in a department store with the Fresh Prince & I held a black baby girl in my arms, I asked Will Smith if she was his & he laughed & said no. I wondered who's baby she was, & when I looked into her dark brown eyes I saw crystal snowflake things that were sparkling. I thought to myself that this baby is special. She then spoke to me, & I thought babies can't talk. I never understood what that dream meant. The love of my life has the most incredible dark brown eyes I have ever seen. Scary there is so much power in there. My girlfriend at the time I had the dream is black, same as the baby, & now the love of my life, my partner, my fiance, is alot like a baby, & when she said her first words one night, as I held her in her hospital bed, I was overjoyed, and then later that night it hit me. I no longer wonder what that dream meant.

[edit on 10/23/2008 by BlackGuardXIII]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Hi all my name is Hiral age 26yrs. I have precognitive dreams very often and also flashing thoughts. I have been really curious about the unexplained and the ESP's since I was a kid.

I dream about significant things. My dreams are usually vivid and I remember them very well. I dream about things that are goig to happen in the immediate future.

Like some days back I had a dream that I am running towards the general hospital as I got a call from my husband that he is in the hospital.I don't know why is he in the hospital but I am definitely scared hearing that.
The next day, that really happened, I was at work and got a call frm my husband that he has injured himself and is in the hospital.

Just a day before the Earthquake that happened in England this year, I asked my husband 'hey what if england experience a earthquake?' and next day there was a really strong earthquake in england.

I dreamt about a person in my uni as being ill and not been able to get out of the bed. just a day later, I heard the news dat he is not well at all.

I never realise the importance of my 'flashing thought' unless it really happens. I wish I could capture those thoughts and realise their importance.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
it would appear that more and more people are seeing UFO's or flying saucers in their dreams lately...

personally, i saw an "orb" in my dream a few weeks ago... it was amazing!!

wonder why that's happening exactly?

anyhow, i can't count the number of times i've dreamed about something, and it happened the next day, or week, or month...

David Wilcock has much to say about lucid dreaming, so i suggest anyone who hasn't heard his lectures and interviews, to listen to all he has to say!! you won't regret it!!

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I have had many dreams that have come true. I'll have a dream and it doesn't matter if it was yesterday or a year ago, but the moment that I do a certain action or see a certain thing, I realize I've seen it before. Sometimes I don't even remember the dream I had until the event happens in reality. I would like to be able to analyze my dreams more and be able to tell what they're all about. Thanks for the thread, I love this kind of stuff!

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I get this quite a lot... but its nothing that sticks out for me so i hardly ever remember it. It always seems to be something small, like a conversation with someone I meet everyday.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Its Blue Nose

i have a similiar situation. I won't remember I dreamt of it until it happens. Its always mundane things too. One example was we were at a family gathering and i suddendly reailized I had a dream about this. also, when this happens I can't remember when i had the dream but know it was awhile ago or fairly recent. Anyone famailiar with any techniqes to improve this ability?

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Hi

Have had some personal experiences myself with premonitions. Like you they were usually of mundane events. In one instance they became a matter of life or death. This particular event happened while I was in a hospital for minor surgery. Doctors thought I had a tumor in my neck near my collarbone. They wanted to put me to sleep for the operation and I agreed to this. In the days before my scheduled operation I had a number of disturbing dreams. In one dream I saw myself standing at the foot of my hospital bed looking at my corpse and thinking to myself that I had died because I had stopped breathing in my sleep. After waking from this peculiar dream I decided that I would not allow the doctors to use a general anesthetic but would request a local instead. Figured if they didn't put me to sleep I couldn't stop breathing in my sleep. Long story short, they used a local and during the operation accidently cut my lung causing it to eventually collapse. This did not happen until I was back in my room in the minutes after the operation. I had to get out of bed and tell someone I was in trouble. They treated the collapsed lung with a couple of chest tubes in the week that followed. I fear that if I had allowed them to put me to sleep after the operation I wouldn't have been able to tell anyone of the problems I was having and it wouldn't have been treated and perhaps I would have ended up standing at the foot of my bed looking at my corpse.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

I have had the exact same thing happen to me. In 1996 I had a dream that my cousin would have a horrible car accident and get run over by a car and die. She died on 12/12/1996 in the EXACT way that I dreamed. Right down to the gory details. It was my dream that helped her father avenge her death. I have these dreams all of the time...do you still have them? Please...my family thinks that I am crazy...I still have them to this day. 9/11 happened in my dreams over a month before they actually happened...what do we do to convince people that our visions are real?

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Sometimes, I will dream about someone that I haven't seen in a really long time. Shortly after the dream, I will run into them, or they will contact me. I also dream of conversations, trips, or events with people before they happen. It's never exactly like it was in my dream, but eerily similar.

I also daydream or fantasize about people & things and then it will happen. Again, not exactly as I had imagined, but similar. I have done this since I was a little kid. I remember specific daydreams come true that I had as a small child.

The sucky part is its never anything good, like winning the lottery. It's just silly stuff. I mean, I do fantasize about winning the lottery, but that one never comes true.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I had the freakiest dream ever the other night it freaked me out for ages.
It was the 21st of december at night 2012 everybody was outside celebrating when all of a sudden crazy writing started appearing in the sky and then all hell broke loose and everybody was being attacked by muslim fanatics after a lot of fighting and battling. The craziest thing happened
Jesus appeared to me and took my hand and in the dream i was overcome by emotion and it felt like shockwaves going through me and it felt real like nothing ive ever experienced.
The thing that freaked me out is im not even religious im agnostic it happened about 3 days ago and im still thinking about it now i cannot stress to you how crazy it was a dream has never affected me in this way before.

What could it mean?

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by threelions

Here is my pop psychology interpretation:

1. Your are on this site so the 2012 scenario is not unknown to you.
2. You live in a country where fear of terrorist attack has been drummed into you by the Mass Media
3. You are agnostic but perhaps your family is not.

Therefore the dream you had is a combination of some of your greatest fears, guilts and worries.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaalphanovember

Here is my pop psychology interpretation:

1. Your are on this site so the 2012 scenario is not unknown to you.
2. You live in a country where fear of terrorist attack has been drummed into you by the Mass Media
3. You are agnostic but perhaps your family is not.

Therefore the dream you had is a combination of some of your greatest fears, guilts and worries.

Yes i was thinking something similar. but the Jesus bit was just the bit that came out of know where i have never been religious my family are not religious and i dont know any religious people. Still though i have never had a dream like it ever in my 22 years on earth.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   

I had this dream the other days where I was in a place that was covered in chameleons ... hundreds and thousands of the critters! Why? Who knows.

I like chameleons. Had one as a pet as a kid. Sometimes there just is no explanation for our dreams.

Still ... you never know your dream might be precognitive - others here on this site are more equipped to advise on that aspect than I am.

[edit on 10-12-2008 by deltaalphanovember]

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

Well I'm interested in the paramormal, but I am most interested in prophecy, premonitions, precognition.

My friend has very odd dreams. I've just got off the phone with her, and I need to talk about it.

In the past she had pretty trivial ones, like conversations that happen a week after the dream. The most odd one was when she dreamt she lost a CD and found it behind her desk. A year later, that happened.

But last week, she had a dream where our friend Rosie broke up with her boyfriend for someone else. However, her now ex and her secret admirer had a fight, as he (ex) blamed the admirer for the break-up. Suddenly this van comes along just as the ex pushes admirer. The van knocks him down, and my friend fetches Rosie.

Well, we thought it was possible at the time, and then we forgot about it.
But I rang her to talk about her holiday, and somehow we got onto the subject. Now we think it might happen.

And I may not have any pyschic abilities, but I have a feeling, a premonition, of something bad. Very bad.

Oh, and I have this terrible sense that something is behind the drawers in my room. They're packed on top of each other, so I can't check, but there's a mirror on top of the drawers and it seems......evil. My cat also senses there's something strange in the room. Is it just me or could there actually be something there? PLease help!

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Just remember that that there are theories that we influence our surroundings. If one believes hard enough in some thing, very often it may happen.

Do some research on quantum mechanics/physics and the link between wave theory and observer/prediction pattern analysis.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

I only get a small look at something in my dreams. Like once it was a month before Thanks Giving and in my dream I was at my grandma's house and my mom,grandma,and aunt were in the kitchen talking about the food while I was in the dinning room putting plates on the table then I woke up

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Though I, personally, don't know by what mechanism we have them i've had too many of them over my lifetime to continue to deny that they occur, though i started as a complete sceptic.

A few years ago it occurred to me that if that old sci-fi idea of all points in time having simultaneous existence , makes sense relative to the experience of precognitive dreams and paranormal phenomena generally. For example, every frame of a moving picture exists but running the movie thru a projection machine gives us the experience of the film as if it's only a single frame that is "alive" from moment to moment.

If that was true, it would really kick our ideas about causality in the behind wouldn't it?

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
u ever noticed tho that u only remember the dream when it actually happens?

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Many here confuse precognition (dreams) with dreams.

I often have precognitive dreams.

Too bad, my favorite precognitive dream will never happen

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by whiteicefire

That's not always the case, it really depends on how clear the conscious memory of the dream is.

I have had dreams where I clearly remembered them enough to anticipate their arrival when certain synchronicity begins to emerge before the dream unfolds and I quickly remember the dream, then watch it happen.

An amazing phenomena that we all share in, I love it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join