It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pet Food Recall (Salmonella) Special Kitty, Ol' Roy, Pedigree, Other brands...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
A couple of weeks ago I posted an article that said Special Kitty cat food may be contaminated (based on some local accounts of cats dying). Today the manufacturer announced a recall of Special Kitty and several other brands.

Old Thread:www.belowtopsecret.com...'

Pet Food Recall Announced Over Salmonella Scare
Saturday, 13 Sep 2008, 2:33 PM CDT

A major pet food manufacturer announced a voluntary recall of several brands of dog and cat food over fears of Salmonella contamination, it was announced on Saturday. Mars Petcare U.S. announced the recall for products manufactured at its Everson, Pennsylvania, facility.

Brands Include:
Special Kitty Gourmet
Country Acres
Doggy Bag Dog Food
Members Mark
Natural Cat Food (Sam's Club)
Natural Dog Food (Sam's Club)
Ol' Roy (various types)
Paws & Claws
Pedigree (various types)
Pet Pride
Red Flannel
Retriever Bites
Wegman's

See List Here:
www.myfoxkc.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Thanks, had to go check what I have right now. I jump around at the best supposedly and the least expensive as I have 2 large dogs and 3 small.
I also have 4 cats.
Why are we having our pets targeted by terrorists? Is it so that when the civil war breaks out they will have less pets to waste bullets on to get to us?

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
As a member of the Cat Lovers Society, thank you so much for informing us of this...

Excellent community service and I truly appreciate it...

Now, to go see what kind of food I have stored for my babies...

I normally use Friskies, but they do like some variety at times and I keep other stuff around...

Semper

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Well they think its Salmonella poisoning (and lets hope that really IS the cause, not some tainted chinese ingredients) and Salmonella is usually only a big problem for young or otherwise weakened animals and people.

But it is contagious even when there are no symptoms, so if there are babies, frail, or elderly animals or people in the house it would be a good idea to keep an eye out for illness even if those individuals did not eat or handle the food directly.

[edit on 16-9-2008 by Sonya610]

top topics

join