It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News's take on Anonymous.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Typical fox news this report is full of one sided accusations with no proof that anonymous is responsible for anything they accused them of.

www.youtube.com...

Also how do I put videos on here?

[edit on 13-9-2008 by caballero]

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I saw that video about 5 years ago it is a different anonymous group basicly.

Different people different time and they had the name first.

Still was stupid scaremongering by Fox news though about some script kids.

[edit on 13-9-2008 by Teknikal]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Well it's more or less the same anonymous, but also very likely almost entirely different people from the people involved in the FOX video. Anonymous is born of image boards, and their favorite pass time, besides the creation and propagation of memes, is messing with people (especially each other). A bunch of them decided it'd be funny to mess with Scientology, since they deserve it, and anonymous by it's nature is uniquely suited to attack it.

Anonymous has done all kinds of mean, yet to them, hilarious things to people. nothing physically harmful, but definitely emotionally hurtful. As a bunch of random, largely college-age people with internet connections and nothing better to do with their time, they have an uncanny ability to find people in real life from nothing more than the photos they post.

While they'll talk about all kinds of terrorist things, they'd never actually do something like that; they've just got a sense of humor that most people would find absolutely reprehensible. Anonymous is largely internet veterans. No picture can shock them.

Fox's video is hilarious to them because of how absolutely stupid FOX sounds to them, in it's depiction. Just the phrase "hackers on steroids" is worth laughs. Though there may be a few hackers in anonymous, they're not likely to be the ones messing with emotionally unstable livejournal users for laughs; anonymous generally just exploits people using foolish or obvious passwords, or people who have unwisely posted their real E-mail.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by caballero
Typical fox news this report is full of one sided accusations with no proof that anonymous is responsible for anything they accused them of.

www.youtube.com...

Also how do I put videos on here?

[edit on 13-9-2008 by caballero]

Use the YouTube button in the reply window...

I have no opinion on the subject, just thought I'd answer your question.

Cheers, Fox.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by mdiinican

Yeah thinking about it you are right it is the same boards it sprung from just a bit older than the Scientology thing that's happened lately.

Thanks for pointing that out it didn't even register in my mind for some reason.

top topics

join