It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can mosquitoes transmit AIDS and HIV?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
THe little suckers love to bite me, I'd been wondering/worrying about this since I read that AIDS can also be transmited through the blood.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
My sister is a social worker. She was taught that mosquitos are flying syringes.

So when dealing with aids patients, don't share dirty needles!

It's as simple as that.

There are always a certain amount of infections that they never figure out how they occured. So anyone who rules out the dirty flying syringe is not being honest.

[edit on 10-9-2008 by Cyberbian]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
No, mosquitoes do not transmit HIV from one human to another.

The HIV virus does not live or reproduce in any insect. Also when a mosquito bites she injects her saliva and not her last blood feast. And there are not enough HIV particles ingested by the mosquitoes to transmit HIV.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I would be more worried about west nile . I have had it and its not a cake walk.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Mosquitoes do carry viruses and parasites but it is highly unlikely that you'd get A.I.D.S.

The Female draws blood from animals to feed it's offspring. When they do that they inject it's saliva but not any blood. Even if the Mosquito has bitten someone with H.I.V. any residual blood containing the virus, the virus would likely not survive.

Here is a good website with a clearer explanation. www.galaxygoo.org...

top topics

join