It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The End Of The World Isn't Nigh (according to Hawkins)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   
THE END OF THE WORLD ISN'T NIGH - ACCORDING TO STEPHEN HAWKINS

"The LHC is absolutely safe. If the collisions in the LHC produced a micro black hole - and this is unlikely - it would just evaporate away again, producing a correctoristic pattern of particles," he said.

Source

If Hawkins says there is nothing to worry about then all is ok, please! the only reason Hawkins is saying all these things in the interviews IMO is so he can get the limelight when the discover the higgs boson.

For everyone that hasn't studied this man will not know that he is obsessed (I mean obsessed) about finding out the meaning of life and how it all started, the firing up and testing of the LHC will project him to a newer high.

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 9/9/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   
While I believe that nothing will happen and Hawking is telling the truth, I can't help but think that no legitimate scientist would come out and tell us that there was a significant chance of catastrophe. Especially one who has a vested interest in seeing the results of the experiment.

I guess I have little faith in humanity and I think that if scientists deemed this to be worth the risk, they would have to be very vocal about how safe it is.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   
We will find out tomorro if it is the end of the world tomorro, or maybe it will be to late then.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Taking the whole disability out of the question as I am not speaking about this. Yes I show him compassion for his bodily state but His brilliance is remarkably untrustworthy I believe he knows much more about 'life' in general than he says.

He catagorically says that he doesn't believe that E.T's are in contact with our governments yet he works with so many top scientists from around the world and is privvy to so much, yet he doesn't share? therefore, how can I and others trust his judgement?

[edit on 9-9-2008 by franspeakfree]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Personally I believe him. Typically I do not trust nor have any heartfelt love for my fellow man, but if this were to cause a catastrophe on earth, believe me, with all those scientists they would realize it and not jeopardize themselves or mankind. This is going to be an amazing event for in out lifetime. The people I am upset with are the scientists that filed a petition to stop the start up of the LHC in a Hawaii district court, because they did NOT have all the facts when they did so. Perhaps we will find out nothing with this machine and it's experiment, but I am going to be a glass half full kind of guy and say I can't wait to see what we DO discover. This could be amazing. The two things I wish is that I was a scientist of the caliber of the people involved in this project, and I wish I was living in Europe to be closer to this project. Perhaps it will mean the dawn of a new day.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree
THE END OF THE WORLD ISN'T NIGH - ACCORDING TO STEPHEN HAWKINS

Yes, Stephen Hawking is one of the greatest scientists of the century and it is not coincidence that he was born exactly 300 years after the death of galileo.

But, you have pronounced the name of such a repectful person wrongly, please edit it.

[edit on 9-9-2008 by peacejet]

[edit on 9-9-2008 by peacejet]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
What the hell does "correctoristic" mean? Did he just invented a new word?

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
The first black hole won't be generated till around October 21st anyways..

It's just being turned on tomorrow

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by mecheng
What the hell does "correctoristic" mean? Did he just invented a new word?

Uh, I believe you meant to say "inventered"...

This is interesting stuff. I've never really contemplated the dark side of Stephen Hawking. But, upon consideration, I've no doubt that there's some hidden information which he has gathered yet isn't sharing.

I hear he can walk.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
We'll find out tomorrow! As someone else said tomorrow might be a little too late...

new topics

top topics

join