It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Few Questions of my own

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I have been reading all the posts where people have questions they cant seem to figure out about the bible .
I have a few questions myself that I was hopeing someone could help explain.

1.Who did Cain marry if there was no other people besides Adam and Eve ?
The only answer I could come up with is maybe there were other people outside the garden that the Lord didnt have anyone write about ...Did God possibly make other people before Adam and Eve ?I mean the garden was just a place in the east of the land .What was going on in other directions ?
Maybe he was creating other beings like (other races) because where did all of the other races come from ?
Why didnt they tell about Cains wife and where she came from .Except he found her in the land of Nod.Where did she come from ?
Gen 1:27 So God created man in his [own] image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
Is it possible that Adam and Eve was created after Gods own image and maybe satan created an Adam and Eve in his own image too outside of the garden?)

I know some Christians will tell me that back then they interbred with their sisters that got born to Adam and Eve .,..but there are 2 problems with that.
1 is I dont believe God would do that since even we know what happens with interbreeding .Why would he do that with a perfect creation (Which was what we were at first )
The second thing is there is no talk of sisters or kin born till after Cain went to Nod ...when did the wife supposedly leave the family in order to be in Nod when Cain was ..Also where was Nod and where did that City come from if no other peoples existed other then Cain and Abel and Adam and Eve ?

Any help on this would be much appreciated ...
I cant find any answers at least that I am satisfied with yet lol .

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I needed to add one more actually
Is this where hell is maybe ?Outside of the gates of that great City of God where they cannot enter in and some of their torment is that they cannot enter in .And will have to watch everyone in the city .
Rev 22:14 Blessed [are] they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Rev 22:15 For without [are] dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

Is the lake of fire just outside the gates of that blessed city ?

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

Simplynoone,
The Bible is silent on "where" Cain got his wife. I believe we are free to presume that he married one of his sisters.

One could make the same "follow-up" question for Noah and his family.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Dont you see a problem with thinking they interbred ?
And then later on down the line say it is not good do not do it
Why didnt they just say Cain married his sister then ?.
I just have some nagging feeling that has to be more to the story than meets the eye .

And in Noahs situation didnt his wife come along ?

[edit on 6-9-2008 by Simplynoone]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   

God never forbid it until Moses led the Hebrews from Egypt. (Exodus) When he Gave Moses the commandments. You have to remember, the book of Genesis was written by Moses and covered approximately 2000 years. God needed interbreeding to populate the Earth, once that was complete He then told man to not do it anymore.

Plus genealogist scientists say that with a perfect gene pool free of deformities and genetic disorders there would have been no problem interbreeding.

Look at the scripture and see that it wasn't until Moses led the people out of Egypt that God forbid it.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Ok I appreciate that Noturtypical

I have just sort of skimmed through the OT ..I usually only dig into it for examples of something I am reading in the NT(I am not completely off Milk yet lol )
Dont get me wrong I am not Anti OT (I know some people like that )
I just have a hard time understanding some stuff in it .

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Dont you see a problem with thinking they interbred ?

And then later on down the line say it is not good do not do it

Biblically? As in, "Am I worried about what the Bible says?"
No, not really.
Abraham married his half-sister.
Noah and his extended family needed to re-populate the earth.

God commanded Adam and Eve to be fruitful and multiply, even BEFORE the fall.

I believe God is SOVEREIGN, but not ARBITRARY.

Why didnt they just say Cain married his sister then ?.

I don't know.

I just have some nagging feeling that has to be more to the story than meets the eye .

If a person feels the Bible is somehow lacking "the WHOLE story", I suppose God would lead that man to tell us the rest of the story?

And in Noahs situation didnt his wife come along ?

Please read the above.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
Ok I appreciate that Noturtypical

I have just sort of skimmed through the OT ..I usually only dig into it for examples of something I am reading in the NT(I am not completely off Milk yet lol )
Dont get me wrong I am not Anti OT (I know some people like that )
I just have a hard time understanding some stuff in it .

I absolutely understand, and if you have ANY Qs whatsoever don't hesitate to U2U me. I'll always take time out to try and offer assistance.

Remember 1 thing when looking at the OT. Not one story, Psalm, Proverb, parable, feast, et cetra is in there by chance. All things simulate or point to the NT.

Just a tiny hint, when you read something, try to look deeper than just the text, there is a SPECIFIC reason that story, parable, Psalm is there.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 03:39 AM
link   
one also has to ask why god forbade incest later...

god (creator) would know what interbreeding between inperfect people would result it. so the commandmant was probably just to protect from the effects.

its similar to the commandment for the isrealites to bury waste outside the camp, or to was thier hands before eating. they didnt know about germs, but god did, so he was protecting them

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Is this where hell is maybe ?Outside of the gates of that great City of God where they cannot enter in and some of their torment is that they cannot enter in .And will have to watch everyone in the city .
Rev 22:14 Blessed [are] they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Rev 22:15 For without [are] dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

i get into that in detail here...

www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   

I do not know if this helps but I have been to that place. You have to consider the source though because I was taken there by five demons.
I have mentioned this experience a few times on this forum.
Anyway, I was in a place like you describe but without the fire. You have to imagine being on tranquilizers or something. I did not see literal gnashing of teeth unless it is in hyper-slow-motion. More like a state of apathy and and bewilderment. Nothing unpleasant about the pace, other than the fact that there is this better place off in the distance. I ignored the advice of others and approached the wall and could look up and see people high up above me.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
[I do not know if this helps but I have been to that place. You have to consider the source though because I was taken there by five demons.
I have mentioned this experience a few times on this forum.
Anyway, I was in a place like you describe but without the fire. You have to imagine being on tranquilizers or something. I did not see literal gnashing of teeth unless it is in hyper-slow-motion. More like a state of apathy and and bewilderment. Nothing unpleasant about the pace, other than the fact that there is this better place off in the distance. I ignored the advice of others and approached the wall and could look up and see people high up above me.]

I have read many accounts of people having a hell experience .
I believe that the fire is spiritually speaking .and so is the gnashing of teethe.
In other words it is their souls that are on fire (Thirsting ) And the gnashing of teethe as in their spirit is tormented by the deeds they have done .(as in they cant quench their guilt)

THat is what I have considered anyway ..not that I am set in that belief.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   

I have read many accounts of people having a hell experience .
I believe that the fire is spiritually speaking .and so is the gnashing of teethe.
In other words it is their souls that are on fire (Thirsting ) And the gnashing of teethe as in their spirit is tormented by the deeds they have done .(as in they cant quench their guilt)

THat is what I have considered anyway ..not that I am set in that belief.

I was speaking of that experience and what I observed.
My comment on it would be that whatever seemed to be happening, was something that had plenty of time to be worked out.
I my mind, (or whatever) I was there for about a month and had many conversations with a lot of different people. Whatever that place is, I would guess that it went on and on, in the same way, for at least a thousand years. What happens later, when it ends, I was not shown.

[edit on 7-9-2008 by jmdewey60]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

You were in Hades, remember, no one is in the Lake of Fire until the judgment.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by jmdewey60

You were in Hades, remember, no one is in the Lake of Fire until the judgment.

Maybe. Thats what I guess I may have been hinting at. It was a snapshot, so to speak of something. My guess has always been that it is something in the present. But I do not know if I can be sure because time was strangely applied on that day because on earth, someone who would have been observing me may have only seen me blink. I mean it did not take up any normal time. So, how can I be sure if I was in the present, or anywhere at all for that matter. It was not like a dream because everything went along in sequence and I did not think that I knew anyone or recognize any places. It all happened in a seemingly normal way, despite the unusual circumstances.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Well, no one can be in the lake of fire until Jesus's day of judgment, for now until that time there is great torment in Hades, but after judgment there will be the lake of fire.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
Well, no one can be in the lake of fire until Jesus's day of judgment, for now until that time there is great torment in Hades, but after judgment there will be the lake of fire.

That whole thing that happened to me was not some sort of affirmation of my beliefs because I do not even believe in the existence of this place, at least not in the present.
To rationalize it to make it conform to my religion, I have to move it far into the future, between the millennium and the Lake of fire.
But, that is not how it felt. I went straight down and those demons wanted me to stay there.
How I rationalize it is that if you died, you would not have a conscious awareness until you found yourself waiting around for Satan to show up and lead the resurrected sinners to attack the City.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
[I do not even believe in the existence of this place, at least not in the present.]

Maybe thats why you had this experience .

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   

[I do not even believe in the existence of this place, at least not in the present.]

Maybe thats why you had this experience .

I normally do not think of it that way, as if there is a rational reason for it happening.
Like I said there were five demons and one seemed to be the leader and he spoke to me. He said, "we have been waiting a long time for this opportunity to get you." This was 25 years ago, so it is hard to remember the exact words, but that much is clear, that one sentence is correct. The second sentence was a little less clear because by that time, they had circled me and were grabbing ahold of me. It seems like he was saying that I had gone into a weakened state that made me vulnerable, but I do not remember the exact wording.
I do not remember him saying anything that sounded to me like he had been waiting to get permission from God, or anything. But they had no reason to inform me of that fact, if it was true.
Anyway, that is an interesting question that no one has suggested to me before.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
JM read this
Because I have lots of dreams ...some nice ones some not so nice dreams .
I wanted to know why I dream so much ..And why alot of them come true
And are they from you Lord .....

This is what I found when searching
Job 33:12 ¶ Behold, [in] this thou art not just: I will answer thee, that God is greater than man.

Job 33:13 Why dost thou strive against him? for he giveth not account of any of his matters.

Job 33:14 For God speaketh once, yea twice, [yet man] perceiveth it not.

Job 33:15 In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falleth upon men, in slumberings upon the bed;

Job 33:16 Then he openeth the ears of men, and sealeth their instruction,

Job 33:17 That he may withdraw man [from his] purpose, and hide pride from man.

Job 33:18 He keepeth back his soul from the pit, and his life from perishing by the sword.

Job 33:19 ¶ He is chastened also with pain upon his bed, and the multitude of his bones with strong [pain]:

Job 33:20 So that his life abhorreth bread, and his soul dainty meat.

Job 33:21 His flesh is consumed away, that it cannot be seen; and his bones [that] were not seen stick out.

Job 33:22 Yea, his soul draweth near unto the grave, and his life to the destroyers.

It is basically to teach you spiritual things because we are so not spiritual are we ? Its also because we dont have time to listen when we are awake (we go about our everyday human life ) ....we dont want to listen (we talk to much and dont listen enough LOL I do for sure) .....so in dreams and visions is sometimes the only way that God can even get you to hear him and listen to what he is trying to tell us ....

Believe me I know ..I am a big time dreamer ...And many of them have come true ..>And I have been shown things in dreams that no one could have taught me ....once I even dreamed about a scroll (a calendar actually ) that was in hebrew ..I have never even seen Hebrew and I didnt even know their calendars are different than ours .... yet I could read it and understand in my dream ..there was also something about a Jewish Holiday (Day of Atonement) .which I had never heard about (I did not do any digging into much of the OT at that time ) ....And I was told somethings about it ...I did look it all up after this dream though ..and I was blown away by that dream and how God showed me stuff I didnt actually read about or know about before that dream ................

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join