It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul to Make Major Announcement Next Week

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

well, here's another story from Daily Paul:

www.dailypaul.com...

Ron Paul on ballot here in Montana !!
Posted September 6th, 2008 by Shawn4Liberty

Montana Constitution Party Submits Presidential Electors Pledged to Ron Paul and Michael Peroutka
September 5th, 2008
On September 5, the ballot-qualified Constitution Party of Montana submitted its presidential elector candidates to the Secretary of State. The party informed the Secretary of State that its electors are pledged to Ron Paul for president and Michael Peroutka for vice-president. Ron Paul was aware that the party planned to do this, and has said that as long as he can remain passive and silent about the development, and as long as he need not sign any declaration of candidacy, that he does not object.

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. And moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue." Barry Goldwater

Peroutka. He'd have to be pretty high on Paul's list for Paul not to object. I believe that is the first I've seen of any inclination of Paul for a VP since a few comments about Kucinich some time ago.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

If he endorses either side, everything he said and has done so far will go completely down the tubes. I will lose all creditability with him as a decent congressman for the people. However, on the other hand...

TPTB can get to everyone sooner or later.. I hope this it isn't the case. I hope he continues on with the announcement to keep running in the face of insurmountable odds; or drop out and do not endorse any side.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TonyClifton

The Major appreciates your initiative soldier, and for making the Major's point for him. Please note in your independent source images and captions the one thing that is not mentioned is the number in attendance. There is little doubt that most will look at the pictures and think that there are a fair number of attendees, the Major being a trained observer, puts them at regimental strength. The Major is being gracious in his estimate.

The Major has little doubt that somewhere those same pictures have a different caption. The Major invites you to guess which ones will be "digged" into prominence.

Dismissed.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Major Discrepancy

Would you care to elaborate on the reasons for your disdain for Ron Paul? I'd like a better idea of where you're coming from. Is it his stance on the issues? His message? Help me understand why you go to such lengths to discredit the man or anyone who supports him.

I'm also curious as to why you refer to yourself in the third person.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   

You've got it all wrong. It's sad to see people misinformed and afraid to support a candidate that isn't as popular as the other two (that the government and media have stuck in front of us). They tricked you into thinking that those two are the best for our country because they made it a 50/50 decision, and that is not how our country should be run. I have a great life out of my "mom's basement" and I have an exciting social life, and I support Ron Paul to the fullest extent.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
To Major Discrepancy:

oh man, i am going to try my hardest not to be rude, and i will apologize in advanced if i do sound rude. But what i am about to say is completely my opinion and in no way fact.

Firstly, get out of third person, i don't care what your background is, it is not a well thought out way to type, i highly doubt any REAL army official or official army wannabe like you portray so eloquently would type in that fashion out of complete honestly.

Secondly, I'm going to put you on my mental (not just internet list now, this is in my head database now!) Sideshow list. Such characters you will be residing with is The Joker and Dr. Suess. May your stay be as welcomed as theirs.

Thirdly, I'd gladly make you the start of my ignore list but your comments and posts are so comical and humorous it helps put a little laugh into a serious discussion, like this one!

Well, now that you're out of the way, back to a topic worth typing about and cramping my fingers over.

My dream announcement would be that he (Ron Paul) is starting his own party. I'm not too sure how hard this would be but a new party with his views would be nice and it could have people on his back like Jesse Ventura. Maybe even the Nuge would follow him! jk

I have no real predictions on what this would be though and i too would be utterly disappointed if he endorsed one of the 2 evils

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Major Discrepancy
his "support" is nothing but smoke and mirrors being perpetrated by a couple of geeks in their mom's basement

Sir, I was only pointing out that your previous "intelligence" may have been false, sir.

Sir, as for the official head count, I can not be certain. I started counting the heads in the video but realized some may have been in the bathroom, getting refreshment, parking their car, or other such activities, sir.

Sir, I can only report that there were a considerable amount of people and their numbers apear to be growing in comparison to your previous "intelligence", sir.

Sir, am I dismissed, sir.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SectionEight

That's not only a one-liner but also the most ignorant and stupid post to ever appear on ATS.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Major, how disappointing to read such drivel dripping off your keyboard. That's of the same low genre as the post of SectionEight though typed with just a bit more eloquence.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Hopefully Dr. Paul will annouce that he's retiring early from the House and going back to Texas to practice gynecology, so that the Dr. in his name will actually have some relevance to his career.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
He is not going to resign! He's not a quitter!

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Will he finally have the balls to form his own Party, or is this just another Ron Paul Whining Express 2008 rant?

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorthWolfe CND
Will he finally have the balls to form his own Party, or is this just another Ron Paul Whining Express 2008 rant?

Well, that subject of him starting his own party is so involved, I figured I'd start a new thread dedicated to it...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But that's a good a possibility as any.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Ron Paul stands for freedom, and that includes the freedom to post some of the thoughtless posts found here.........

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Major Discrepancy
reply to post by TonyClifton

The Major appreciates your initiative soldier, and for making the Major's point for him. Please note in your independent source images and captions the one thing that is not mentioned is the number in attendance. There is little doubt that most will look at the pictures and think that there are a fair number of attendees, the Major being a trained observer, puts them at regimental strength. The Major is being gracious in his estimate.

The Major has little doubt that somewhere those same pictures have a different caption. The Major invites you to guess which ones will be "digged" into prominence.

Dismissed.

Are you just trolling here? I'm like that other person, it's extremely difficult not to be rude here. Because everyone knows that referring to yourself in the 3rd person will just cause people to roll your eyes at someone. So I think you must be trolling or something.

I think he will just be announcing an endorsement. And I think Major even when you get past the 3rd person talk doesn't have a clue as to how much support Ron Paul has. He is the only candidate with a grassroots movement, the other candidates only get their information from the media and decide their vote based on that.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
www.campaignforliberty.com...

Update on Dr. Paul’s Special Annoucement

Friends,
I just sent this release to the national wire.

Ron Paul to Hold Major
Press Conference Wednesday

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE CONTACT: Jesse Benton
September 8, 2008

ALEXANDRIA, VIRGINIA – Congressman Ron Paul will hold a press conference in the Ball Room at the National Press Club on Wednesday, September 10th at 10:00 am. Dr. Paul will announce his intentions for the fall presidential election and will be accompanied by several special guests.

This event comes on the heels of Dr. Paul’s historic three-day Rally for the Republic in Minneapolis, Minnesota that drew over 12,000 supporters.

And the anticipation builds. What in the heck is he up to?

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Rumor has it that several minor partys are going to merge into one party to support Ron Paul . The candidates from the merging partys will attend the Ron Paul news conference to pledge their support.
from glp

by the sound of it, it seems to be true:

[link to en.wikipedia.org]

Potential run as an independent

On September 5, 2008, the Constitution Party of Montana removed Chuck Baldwin from their presidential ticket, replacing him with Ron Paul for president and Michael Peroutka for vice president.[146] [link to www.ballot-access.org]

The same day, Paul made a brief press statement: "On the heels of his historic three-day rally in Minneapolis that drew over 12,000 attendees, Congressman Ron Paul will make a major announcement next week in Washington at the National Press Club."[147] [link to www.reason.com]

The congressman has apparently invited Chuck Baldwin, Bob Barr, Cynthia McKinney, and Ralph Nader to the press conference, leading some to believe that they will endorse Paul running for president on the ticket of either the Constitution, Libertarian or other third party.[147][148] [link to www.economicpolicyjournal.com]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Found this on ATS

www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread389447/pg1

I hope it's true, it would appear he is bringing the independents together.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Well according to what appeared at 8:30 AM on the campaign for liberty website, RP is NOT running for President, he is NOT uniting the 3rd parties, and pretty much is just endorsing that people vote for any of the 3rd parties.

www.campaignforliberty.com...

Write-in votes should not be discouraged, but the electoral officials must be held accountable and make sure the votes are counted. But one must not be naïve and believe that under today’s circumstances one has a chance of accomplishing much by a write-in campaign.

The strongest message can be sent by rejecting the two-party system, which in reality is a one-party system with no possible chance for the changes to occur which are necessary to solve our economic and foreign policy problems. This can be accomplished by voting for one of the non-establishment principled candidates—Baldwin, Barr, McKinney, Nader, and possibly others. (listed alphabetically)

Yes, these individuals do have strong philosophic disagreements on various issues, but they all stand for challenging the status quo—those special interest who control our federal government. And because of this, on the big issues of war, civil liberties, deficits, and the Federal Reserve they have much in common. People will waste their vote in voting for the lesser of two evils. That can’t be stopped overnight, but for us to have an impact we must maximize the total votes of those rejecting the two major candidates.

For me, though, my advice—for what it’s worth—is to vote! Reject the two candidates who demand perpetuation of the status quo and pick one of the alternatives that you have the greatest affinity to, based on the other issues.

A huge vote for those running on principle will be a lot more valuable by sending a message that we’ve had enough and want real change than wasting one’s vote on a supposed lesser of two evils.

See link for complete statement.

Judging from the comments at that site, RP just bummed a lot of people out, and this was another announcement with no real teeth. The message of the Campaign for Liberty lives on however, and ultimately is bigger than RP.

CFL has just reached its short term goal of 100,000 members and is growing daily. RP appears to be more concentrated on establishing the message, and getting the word out to younger people and educating them as to how to get involved to become leaders. While RP has made some strides, the real fruit will be years and years from now when the movement yields all those people in government. Then perhaps REAL change can be effected.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
National Press Club Conference live now on CNN streaming:

www.cnn.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join