It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was your favorite Sarah Palin line?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Originally posted by neformore
Leading a country the size of the US is all about politics, and not just "leadership", isn't it? So is she saying "we're just gonna do it our way and screw what anyone else thinks" ?? And is that more of the same old same old from the Republicans?

No, I don't think so.I think a good example would be Ronald Reagan. And I believe that McCain/Palin have and would govern in the same spirit as The Gipper.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I liked the comment about the styrofoam columns.

I liked the focus on energy-independence issues.

I love her looks and her charisma.

I did not like the "war on terrorism" and exaggarated "we´re tough" BS. Had enough of those Bush-isms.

[edit on 4-9-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I think my favorite line was when she used her Down's Syndrome child's disability to get votes. She said something like...

"To the families of children with special needs... I pledge that if we're elected, you will have a friend and advocate in the White House."

Niiiice! Maybe in Obama's next speech, he can say, ""To the black families out there... I pledge that if we're elected, you will have a friend and advocate in the White House."
I'm sure that would go over well.

It was a good GOP speech. She did a good job. She was divisive, snarky, glib, sarcastic and belittling of others' accomplishments. She got personal. She went for the jugular. I would say that "Pit Bull" is an appropriate comparison. She fits right in.

To her credit, she inspired the Republican party. That speech is just what they needed to make this race interesting again. So, congratulations to her.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez
My favorite line was...

"In November, vote the the Maverick and the MILF!"

plucky wins. . . that's a quote of hers i've heard repeated the most.

Could you believe all that BS she was spouting about being a mom and a congresswoman? She probably doesn't do either with efficiency or care.

Once again we have a candidate selling her cosmetically enhanced image and bogus persona to the sheople.

"Look how relatable i am! I'm a mom! I work! "

Yeah, and i walk around feeding and sheltering the mis-fortunate and putting out forest fires.~

[edit on 9/4/2008 by JPhish]

Removed off topic comments

[edit on 4-9-2008 by dbates]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I think my favorite line was when she used her Down's Syndrome child's disability to get votes. She said something like...

"To the families of children with special needs... I pledge that if we're elected, you will have a friend and advocate in the White House."

Very petty and snide, BH. In the past, I would have expected so much better from you. What happened?

Had she not mentioned her child, she would have been cruelly accused of "hiding the child out of shame". The Dem's have alreeady tried the "It's her daughter's child" slur.:shk:

I hope that people realize that we should exercise good judgment and tolerance in all areas of ATS, not just the Bully Pulpit. The Bully Pulpit should be used as a resource for leading by example, not a place to come from and act irresponsibly.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   
i tried to choose a fav...

My fellow citizens, the American presidency is not supposed to be a journey of personal discovery.

Harry Reid, the majority of the current do-nothing Senate... He said, quote, "I can't stand John McCain. Ladies and gentlemen, perhaps no accolade we hear this week is better proof that we've chosen the right man.

...a leader who's not looking for a fight, but sure isn't afraid of one, either.

They are the ones whose names appear on laws and landmark reforms, not just on buttons and banners or on self-designed presidential seals.

...how are you going to be better off if our opponent adds a massive tax burden to the American economy?

Al Qaida terrorists still plot to inflict catastrophic harm on America, and he's worried that someone won't read them their rights.

America needs more energy; our opponent is against producing it. Victory in Iraq is finally in sight, and he wants to forfeit. Terrorist states are seeking nuclear weapons without delay; he wants to meet them without preconditions.

But when the cloud of rhetoric has passed, when the roar of the crowd fades away, when the stadium lights go out, and those Styrofoam Greek columns are hauled back to some studio lot... what exactly is our opponent's plan? What does he actually seek to accomplish after he's done turning back the waters and healing the planet?

We need American sources of resources. We need American energy brought to you by American ingenuity and produced by American workers.

Our opponents say again and again that drilling will not solve all of America's energy problems, as if we didn't know that already.

With Russia wanting to control a vital pipeline in the Caucasus and to divide and intimidate our European allies by using energy as a weapon, we cannot leave ourselves at the mercy of foreign suppliers.

No one expects us all to agree on everything, but we are expected to govern with integrity, and goodwill, and clear convictions, and a servant's heart.

but how could i?

just too many to choose from, a treasure trove of gems...

and i thought this was going to be a dull election!

well, at least obama has a nice clean clock, now.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Edit: Issue quickly resolved. Thank you, dbates.

[edit on 4-9-2008 by jsobecky]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

so, this affliction doesn't deserve attention? ridiculous, i can think of worse agenda, cant you?

Niiiice! Maybe in Obama's next speech, he can say, ""To the black families out there... I pledge that if we're elected, you will have a friend and advocate in the White House."
I'm sure that would go over well.

down syndrome is not a race, obviously... its always race with left wingers, innit?

It was a good GOP speech. She did a good job. She was divisive, snarky, glib, sarcastic and belittling of others' accomplishments. She got personal. She went for the jugular. I would say that "Pit Bull" is an appropriate comparison. She fits right in.

and these accomplishments on obama's part are, again? i'm drawing a blank, anyone?

To her credit, she inspired the Republican party. That speech is just what they needed to make this race interesting again. So, congratulations to her.

she did, indeed, i had hoped leiberman would get the pick, but compared to palin, he just wouldnt measure up... at least in the charisma department...

he'll somehow find a place in the mccain administration in some major capacity, though... i bet.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by JPhish

plucky wins. . . that's a quote of hers i've heard repeated the most.

Could you believe all that BS she was spouting about being a mom and a congresswoman? She probably doesn't do either with efficiency or care.

Once again we have a candidate selling her cosmetically enhanced image and bogus persona to the sheople.

"Look how relatable i am! I'm a mom! I work! "

Yeah, and i walk around feeding and sheltering the mis-fortunate and putting out forest fires.~

come on, you must have better than that?

you dont approve of her because shes attractive, smart and personable?

a lobotomized, dumpy troglodyte with various personality disorders would be more to your liking?

why not simply resent her for having more leadership experience than obama?

yes, its funny when liberals start questioning a womans ability to have a career and be a mom.... i appreciate fine irony.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Don't people, popular or not, advocate in front of Congress to help millions of Americans who have disabilities or some form of special need?

Can advocating for helping these Americans really be compared to advocating for a race?

I see a huge difference. But maybe that is just me. I applaud you on the rest of your post.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by mental modulator
Mine was the silence the fell between each line she read.

( I'm sorry but the tone of her voice made it difficult for me )

[edit on 3-9-2008 by mental modulator]

That's how they all do it. Obama constantly stops and looks around between every line. Maybe he has bad asthma? Kennedys speech had about 30 seconds of text but went..........on...........for..............ag...........es. The brain tumor is not an excuse, he's always spoken like that.

I dont know if it's because some "expert" told them all it makes for dramatic effect and they went a little overboard or because they all think we're too slow to understand speech at a normal rate.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
On could answer, "all of the above". However my favorite line was (paraphrasing):

Some politicians use change to further their careers(Obama), while others use their careers to promote change (McCain)".

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
She's gonna get torn to pieces by Joe Biden. The infomercial audience she had last night along with the smarmy comments won't be able to save her during the debates.

Peace

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by feydrautha
you dont approve of her because shes attractive, smart and personable?

I don't think she's attractive- her intelligence is questionable- and even the wolf in red riding hood was personable.

a lobotomized, dumpy troglodyte with various personality disorders would be more to your liking?

at least that person wouldn't be disingenuous.

why not simply resent her for having more leadership experience than obama?

who said that i resent her??? I feel pity for her. Obama has nothing to do with my view of her.

yes, its funny when liberals start questioning a womans ability to have a career and be a mom.... i appreciate fine irony.

I'm not questioning her ability to do these things. I'm proposing that the likely hood that she is deceitful is very high.

I think it's funny when people assume i'm liberal or conservative . . .

[edit on 9/4/2008 by JPhish]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
These 4 quotes stood out to me.

1. I guess a small-town mayor is sort of like a "community organizer," except that you have actual responsibilities.

2. But the fact that drilling won't solve every problem is no excuse to do nothing at all.

3. This is a man who can give an entire speech about the wars America is fighting, and never use the word "victory" except when he's talking about his own campaign.

4. Al Qaeda terrorists still plot to inflict catastrophic harm on America ... he's worried that someone won't read them their rights?

I had doubts about Palin in the beginning, but after this speech, I can't wait till 2012 to get a chance to vote for her for PRESIDENT! (After McCain's 1-term)

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
She's gonna get torn to pieces by Joe Biden. The infomercial audience she had last night along with the smarmy comments won't be able to save her during the debates.

Peace

I don't understand why people keep saying that. They should have two very different opinions on how to handle one identical issue. So if two people are up on a platform and a moderator asks "Chinese or Italian for lunch?" and one answers Chinese the other Italian, who is being "torn to pieces" exactly?

Unless both parties do not vary at all in their positions then I say do away with the debates and start shooting everyone in Washington but that's a different topic.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by feydrautha
so, this affliction doesn't deserve attention?

I didn't say that at all, did I? It's not that she mentioned it, it's that she USED it to garner votes that disturbs me.

down syndrome is not a race, obviously...

Obviously. So, what's the difference? If she used her gender, sexual orientation, race or handicap? She USED it for sympathy and to get votes. Clearly, not everyone will see that.

and these accomplishments on obama's part are, again? i'm drawing a blank, anyone?

Ask any and every "community organizer" in America this morning. She said they have no responsibilities. I'm sure they could tell you the accomplishments they've made. Not to stray off-topic, but since you asked about Obama:

In 1985, he moved to Chicago to work with local churches organizing job training and other programs for poor and working-class residents of Altgeld Gardens, a public housing project where 5,300 African-Americans tried to survive amid shuttered steel mills, a nearby landfill, a putrid sewage treatment plant, and a pervasive feeling that the white establishment of Chicago would never give them a fair shake.
But whether it was getting the city to fill potholes, provide summer jobs, or remove asbestos from the apartments or persuading the apartment managers to repair toilets, pipes, and ceilings, Obama encouraged residents to come up with their own priorities with the gentle admonition: "It's your community."
To accomplish his mission, Obama spent hours with Altgeld residents one on one, learning their problems and their dreams, and he resisted taking credit for success, preferring to give it to individuals in the community.

Source

Sounds like some pretty important responsibilities to me. But, as I said, other community organizers and the people they help get into homes and provide jobs for could probably give you a better idea. I doubt they liked hearing Palin say that.

[edit on 4-9-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I liked what she said about the Alaskan Governors personal luxury plane when she got into office...

It was over the top...I put it on Ebay!

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   

They don't know what to make of a candidate who lavishes praise on them when he's around and then behind their backs talks about how bitterly they cling to their religion and guns. They don't talk about us one way in Scranton and another way in San Francisco.

ZING!!! POW!!!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join