It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin a Secret Agent for Dominionist Christianity?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Okay everybody, let's get something straight. BOTH candidates suck. The OP was just trying to find out some info on Joels Army and Palins connection to it. They weren't attacking Mccain. Jamie83, I see you come on just about every thread about Mcain and defend him to the point of attacking and insulting the OP, chill out. Yes Obama sucks but so does Mcain.

This is the Op's first time posting, let's give them a little more curtesy than what has been shown.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Wetware

Christianity in general has been used for centuries to control the sheep, why wouldn't the republicans utilize the tool that's been keeping them going up until this point? Seems like a no brainer when the American public is so willing to be herded.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANoNyMiKE
reply to post by Wetware

Christianity in general has been used for centuries to control the sheep, why wouldn't the republicans utilize the tool that's been keeping them going up until this point? Seems like a no brainer when the American public is so willing to be herded.

Seems like Obama is leading the herding catagory, did you miss the convention? Or, remember that time he went to Germany....

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mhc_70

To tell you the truth I didn't see any religious agendas of born again Christians in the Democratic circus convention.

I am waiting to see if the Republican circus will bring the issue and with a prayer prior to commence.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by mhc_70

I am waiting to see if the Republican circus will bring the issue and with a prayer prior to commence.

You have a strange sense of humor, most people find odd things funny.

The Republican circus has been opening with prayer for over 200 years, where did you learn your history?

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wetware

Sarah Palin's connections that McCain doesn't want you to know about

There are quite a number of extremely troubling links between Sarah Palin and neopentecostal dominionists--enough that, in truth, she may be ultimately as much of a "dream candidate" for the dominionist movement as Mike Huckabee was. Even worse, she's running in a manner that has been frighteningly successful for dominionist groups since the early 80's--specifically, as a "stealth candidate".

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Source

It looks like Sarah Palin may be working to get Joel's Army, an organization of Christians dedicated to preparing an army for the End Times, one foot into the White House. I have just found out about Joel's Army personally, but from what I can gather it seems like a movement to indoctrinate teens into a theologically-based Blackwater. Anyone else following this or heard of this connection?

Also, long time reader first time poster. Hi ATS!

I am really ashamed of you with this posting. Have you nothing better to do than to "demonize" a well respected woman who has done nothing to you and who probably will clean up Washington DC?

This is Partisan El Toro Poo Poo !

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by mhc_70

It wasn't in the US American public schools that is for sure as the quality of education in the US is deplorable and that was almost 30 years ago.

And this comes from a former teacher.

BTW if you can not take a joke then why bother answering.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   

reply to post by mhc_70

It wasn't in the US American public schools that is for sure as the quality of education in the US is deplorable and that was almost 30 years ago.

And this comes from a former teacher.

BTW if you can not take a joke then why bother answering.

Oh I can take a joke, but you still have an odd sense of humor...maybe you meant sarcasm

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mhc_70

When you get to be my age you will also see things in a different way, I do not hold my tongue to anybody.

But I also do not hold grudges either, life is too short to worry about what others may think about me.

But one thing I have come to hate so far is the elections year they are becoming so unbearable is not funny.

America allow political affiliations and corrupted political parties to divide the nation, because an united nation is a danger to the establishment.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   

reply to post by mhc_70

When you get to be my age you will also see things in a different way, I do not hold my tongue to anybody.

But I also do not hold grudges either, life is too short to worry about what others may think about me.

But one thing I have come to hate so far is the elections year they are becoming so unbearable is not funny.

America allow political affiliations and corrupted political parties to divide the nation, because an united nation is a danger to the establishment.

I agree with everything you say, but you lost me at the every end...

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mental modulator

Originally posted by Dronetek
Daily Kos throwing everything they can at this woman. First accusing her of faking her pregnancy, now this. Its pretty pathetic if you ask me.

Yup...

KINDA like OBAMA is a homosexual, muslim, born in ( )...

I guess this is pay back or KARMA.

I don't believe I have posted anything I didn't believe to be TRUE,

That is the difference,

from Obama's radical preacher and acquaintances, to his typical chicago style political cronies.

He is a phoney and caught in lies and we have all read his flip flops., and I still don't know what "change" he is, UP TO.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Is Obama a secret Chinese agent? This makes about as much sense. Democrats can't stand anybody with values...This is really getting funny....I wish Hunter S. Thompson was still around, he would have had a field day with this election.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Just for the record, here's what it says, no more, no less:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof"

Not one word about separation of church and state.

All hinges on the interpretation of "free exercise thereof".

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
At least she knows how to shoot a gun, play hockey, and say NO to the good ol boys of the US of corporations.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by wolfmanjack

There is nowhere in the Constitution that says the state/government has to be separate from Church/Christianity.

It only says that the government will not respect the establishment of religion. It would not be like England was with a state sponsored church.

Candidate are allowed to be religious and that should not disqualify them from running for or holding office.

It is my opinion that atheist/secularist would only want non-Christians or non-religious people running things.

Throughout the history of this country we have been religious ... not the other way around.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Call me cynical, or a realist but Obama is simply unelectable, our country just won't go for it. You know it, I know it, the American people know it and so does Mr. Obama. The silent majority, people like myself who are at work during the day when leftist radicals with bandannas over their faces are throwing rocks at police and sacking McDonalds whenever a high ranking Republican is in their town are incredulous this guy has been nominated.
Radical Muslims want to see us all dead and Obama was raised with this ideology. It seems the Democrat party couldn.t pour water out of a boot with instructions on the heel. This election will conclude just as it should with venerated war hero John McCain and experienced political executive Sara Palin holding the #1 and #2 highest offices in the greatest country on earth.
As an added bonus my paycheck won't be stripped to fund "alternative lifestyle education" in schools and my second amendment rights won't be usurped leaving me dependent on government to show up in time to defend me from bandanna wearing anarchists who's full time "job" is to victimize unarmed citizens who have put their faith in government.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Lightworth

That is such a broad generalization it is beyond belief to hear it

Look, as a person I have spent alot of time rebelling from religion because, over centuries or even a few generation people loose track of the REAL reasons they followed tradition and alot of religion becomes a pack of lies.

Take Kosher food...or anyother diet, at some point (my guess is a basic understanding of prion disease) Pigs have been made a pox food, so have cows in some places...

Over the years to keep the tradition it became... "G-d said so" and if there is a g-d he really never had very muh to say okay?

So we rebel from religion

But Right Now...

We have come so far away from right and wrong, I don't think deciphering the real reasons we had traditions in the first place is very important

We should look at ourselves and know, we are whores ( the men too) and animals, greedy, lazy, toxic with horrible foods, demented from poisons are family until it is devestated, morality barely exists and we have become a horrible culture in many ways, abortions are in Millions, waste and gluttony are rampant

and we need to become moral again, we need to be a more spiritual people

You know, when you have an enemy you need to listen to them... The islamics tell us over and over again "the loss of g-d is the death of your culture"

Religion, needs to calm down and look at it's roots, right and wrong... and not make up so many stories... so less people rebel from it

with that said, life without it is... worse

People say that China has no religion, but it has philosophy, it has Taoism, it has Kung Fu

It has guidlines for Morality and a CULTURE and that is why the family unit in China is intact.

Many of us have lost our sense of spirituality and morality has gone with it

I'll be the first to admit... Christianity and Judaism are not that many decades ahead of where Islam is in terms of broad spectrum fallacies that those of us have rejected who search for truth

With that said, cultural unity is a must, culture period is a must, a reason to behave like a higher being is a must

and

I'll take the Judeo Chritian faith for now if that is whats needed and people as a whole can't.."get a grip" without a reason to, even if alot is contrived

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Hot_Wings

# You bitch. Start the WAR and see who wins.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wetware

Dominionist Christianity makes me mess myself. If Palin is connected with these very dangerous and driven folks then I want to know for sure.

[edit on 31-8-2008 by Wetware]

When I lived in Florida, there were a couple of large (not mega) churches in the Orlando area whose leaders were very much connected with the Dominionist movement. One of the local television news teams did a series of stories on them, and these facts came out:
1. This isn't something broadcast to the wider church membership. The leaders and "selected" members of the congregation may be active, but a person could go to that church for twenty years and never hear the word "Dominion".
2. At that time (late 1980's), home-schooling was just taking off, and the Dominionists were promoting it big time.
3. Dominionists were trying to build national networks and run stealth candidates for school boards, etc.
4. The Dominionist movement in Florida didn't seem to have Pentecostal roots, but were more tied to hard-line Calvinist Presbyterian off-shoots.

...And yes, they make me mess my pants too!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join