It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is ignorance a sin?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Is ignorance a sin?

I have heard many people announce this but i have seen little proof what do you think?

I think the answer is no as God created us ignorant before we took fruit from the tree of knowledge.

However If God is perfect and omnipotent we are nothing like God maybe because we are ignorant our ignorance needs to be forgiven before we get into heaven. These are just thoughts i have no evidence for this.

What do u think?

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   
'Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.'

Not being aware of sin, or that you are doing something wrong makes your sin more justifiable/forgivable.

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Ignorance is a much misused word. It has been used in our culture to denote people as stupid, etc.. Ignorance is the lack of knowledge on a given topic. If you don't have access to certian information about it how can you be accountable for your ignorance? As far as religion goes, there is so many different theories that getting the truth is sometimes almost impossible. Again no fault of the seeker.

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Well, I personally do not believe in the concept of sin as I do not believe in god. But, for you who do believe, I find it laughable that you think your god would punish you for anything that you do. After all, why would you need to be sorry for being just what he created you to be? That being human.

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   
What is a sin? If I kill someone in order to protect myself is that a sin? I believe that the concept of a sin was created to mearly control others as was 'morality'.

top topics

join