It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And you think this is not a police state? Part II - RNC!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I have seen a lot of cop bashing in the last couple of days, and the situations that brought about the harsh criticism has been quite justifiable. I've done a lot of thinking about my experiences and overall I have to admit that my interactions with cops have not been been bad at all. I have had problems with one that wrote a ticket outside of a small town that wasn't justified. I have also been given a breathalizer test while drunk out of my mind and let go, if I let the passenger in my car drive. I had to stand on the side of the road for a couple of hours while a rookie that insisted he smelled marijuana crawled over under in and out of my car and then had dogs do the same. A police detective that arrived and hung out with me during the search routine and couldn't have been kinder. He even wanted me to stop by and visit if I was in the area again. He was very apologetic about the whole thing. I was put in jail once in my life when I was forty nine, for not appearing in court on bogus assault charges, because I wasn't informed that charges were pending. Again, the cop was a good guy, and really did not want to take me in. I have not had a traffic ticket in twenty six year though I have gotten more than a fair share of warning tickets. For 45 years I have ridden motorcycles, a lot of them had straight pipes and I have had very little regard for speed limit signs. I remember only one ticket in 1977. I have dealt with some real jerks, I have been a jerk with some of them too. There was 2 of them that put me and a friend in the backseat of a squad car and terrorized the hell out of us when I was in the 8Th. grade. There were a few other misunderstandings. Half of them involved some crazy behavior or violence and in one case I had to go before a grand jury over a fight, but it was cool because it was 3 against 1 and they had weapons and I didn't. I just don't act stupid or aggressive. Tell them the truth, and show respect. I have friends that have been to jail on numerous occasions for nothing more than having a bad attitude. Maybe I am lucky or something.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Its an interesting thing to see US citizens, so blind to the truth, in their own country! The rest of the world can see your police state, and I surely do!

Good on you OP, and keep wearing the Chemspray mask, as obviously, many are not, whom comment in this thread!

I am amazed how anyone cannot see, you are being controlled. You are just a number to be controlled, and removed, as suits the neocon agenda!

God help you all! God help us!

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Misfit

How???......why don't you take a look at what is happening in Thailand right now.

Protesters have stormed government house in Bangkok, have blocked most major airports and rail stations. Have threatened to closed down a major power station and unionists are threatening to tell all workers to down tools.

Breaking News....

The Nation - Bangkok

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by muddyhoop

How???......why don't you take a look at what is happening in Thailand right now.

What is happening in Thia is all but a moot point for it to happen in the States, considering the States is 300million people as opposed to Thai's 63million; as well is the problem of mass, States at 3.8million sq. miles, Thai at less than 200K sq.miles.

The numbers and geography create quite a problem. My "how" is "how do you assemble enough numbers out of 300million people on the same day at the same places with the same perrogative of shutting down the country?". Not to mention, far too many people in the States just don't see what's happening as a problem. I run across people every damn day who's claims are such as "the cops SHOULD be cracking down on the protestors, their bad for the government".

The number of gullible people in the States that are "just fine the way it is" far exceeds a goal of massing country-wide protests. There is also the factor of the corporate world, as well as each individuals "don't have time to protest" because they have to go to work.

The disposition of people protesting are the core of a protest, of everything I've ever read about Thailand, there just isn't much for the average Thai public to lose, hence protesting to the point of shutting down systems are not costing them - they have nothing to lose. That versus the States - money is everything, too many people have good paying jobs, fancy cars and houses, as long as they can have that ....... they just don't care what's happening.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by sayzaar
reply to post by Misfit

I think the only way is for EVERY MAN at an incident of injustice to surround the officer/s involved and make it quite clear that they won't tolerate it, and if they don't stop their brutal treatment they will get what's coming to them. It will have to be a countrywide agreement by ALL males that they WILL intervene. The cops will CR*P themselves!!!

What's with the MALES? Are females incapable of seeing the issues and taking action?

I mean, really!

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
heres the simply truth,give men power and some of those men will always abuse that power.
thus procedures must be implimented to prevent those men abusing power,in rome they did just that made the senate , only for another man(heil ceasar!) to subvert and use it fot his own advantage resulting in the split of the roman empire and eventually its downfall.

now we have a similiar case,those we appointed to stop abuses of power are abusing power themselves,from the executive,senate, way down to thier footmen such as these fine police officers.

and why is this the case, the method of appointing the custodians is flawed ,both at the top and the bottom.

so what do we do?,WE make only those who can uphold thier positions with honor and effectivness gain power.
in other words the citizens have to learn how to vote properly ,they must learn politics,they must understand how the power structures work otherwise the cycle of power,privelage and abuse will forever continue.

it took us 5000 years of strife and anguish to create a system of democracy that was resonably effective at controlling the power strucuteres,dont throw it away.

i say we have about 10 years to sort it all out or it will never come back, the empire will again crumble as the custodians are in it for themselves once again,they care NOT for that which they are elected and upheld for.

forget not that the leeches can bleed thier host dry till no blood is left for anyone.

[edit on 29-8-2008 by welivefortheson]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
not yet...
lay low
organize
plan
execute
and watch it unfold
sure people will see us as the tyrants or enemies...even terrorist...
but when the police rolls through their streets and old ladies bags are being searched they will turn against them

every action-has a reaction gentlemen

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
it is too soon to do anything yet
wait till the presidential elections are over
and give it 2-3 months
if we see any major changes that affect us directly
then start something

group up
organize
plan
execute

every action has a reaction

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by cashlink

So, basically, you are saying that people should act, but at the same time you do not think of making a thing about your own town.

How do you expect people to act with examples like that?

If you want to make changes start by your neighbourhood. I am sure you have the right of reunion and the right to create citizens organisations, right?

Use that right, use all the rights that you can, start with your family, if it's needed, then pass to your street neighbours, go from there, expand the movement until you have enough people understanding the situation and what they have to loose if they keep on accepting things as they are presented to them by the politicians.

But if you think that pointing people to YouTube videos is going to make a difference I think you can keep on waiting.

Good luck.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
its not about making a difference
its about doing something bad so something good can come out of it though

the govt. is not going to do anything radical
they are playing it smart
keeping everything on the down-low
and small changes are being made but people are just too ignorant to see them
now here where i live people are organizing we have small groups that are ready to do things but we need more
strength in numbers
and we need a reason
a reason to open peoples eyes to the lies and injustice that is to come

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Done that, been there, it doesn’t work.
The people in our neighborhood are scared to death of the police here.
Our whole Government is corrupt; no one even cares to get involved
To clean thing up. It will not happened here.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
There is also the option of contacting the next step up. Believe it or not, the FBI can be utilized to investigate corruption if you have reasonalable suspicion and enough testimony against the higher up officials in your city council and police department.

Here in Tampa earlier in the decade we had a judge or two indicted for corruption as a result of FBI investigations. Well the FBI do not just have a magical alarm that goes off upon detecting corruption. People refer to them to build a case. They gather testimony and build evidence.

I would say that is the next step up you can take.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by DYepes

We did call the FBI and a lot of people we know that are in the local Government have as well. We do not understand why nothing is being done about anything here.
Our city has a nickname its call “Little Chicago” I think that sums it up.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join