It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And you think this is not a police state? Part II - RNC!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   

And you think this is not a police state? Part II - RNC!

www.dailypaul.com

I KNOW this is a police state...and I've been well aware of it, for quite some time. We're not "on the verge" or "almost" or "heading towards." We're already there.

The fact that EVERYONE hasn't felt the boot on their neck (yet), doesn't make it any less of a police state. When ANY American is subjected to gov't tyranny, ALL could be.

The fact that most people don't seem to grasp that basic concept, is precisely why most people haven't been subjected to it (yet). The gov't knows that the vast majority are too scared (of it) to risk losing everything - including their life - by daring to break it's BS "rules." But as soon as someone STOPS being a slave, and dares step out of line - the man comes, and he takes you away. Meanwhile, the sheep go back to grazing
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
People we need to stop these thugs that we call police.

www.dailypaul.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Its not the Police.
Its there boss you need to stop.
High level corrupt officials who order the police around like a private army.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by cashlink
People we need to stop these thugs that we call police.

I'll say it here as I've said in every other thread calling for whatever type of "stop this action" ............... HOW?!?!

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Misfit

I think the only way is for EVERY MAN at an incident of injustice to surround the officer/s involved and make it quite clear that they won't tolerate it, and if they don't stop their brutal treatment they will get what's coming to them. It will have to be a countrywide agreement by ALL males that they WILL intervene. The cops will CR*P themselves!!!

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Interestinggg

Its not the Police.
Its there boss you need to stop.
High level corrupt officials who order the police around like a private army.

You are correct up to a point. Unfortunately corrupt officials hire those like themselves. Little Hitlers who should never be tolerated are promoted while nice guys like my neighbor have their life made miserable. It says something for their dedication that they are willing to stick to it. My hat off to the good cops. I hope we can manage to remove those corrupt officials.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
There is no way to stop it now, this needed to be done in the early 80s today is much too late.

Thanks to all the Regan Republicans for starting us down this path, the problem has now snowballed and will continue to snowball endlessly. Our existence is now so regulated by law that even the common man has no choice but to break some law subjecting themselves to the punishment of a turn em in turn em out court system. That court system now no longer interested in justice is more concerned with the levying of fines and stripping away of peoples constitutional rights for felonies that aren't much worse than misdemeanors.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Uh, that was a somewhat pointless "article" IMO. It helps nothing when someone simply spouts off partially identifying a problem and interjecting mostly personal opinion while not offering any solution. Especially if the piece's purpose is to try and get people to "wake up" and sway their opinion, at least the author could have provided a little bit of information about some specific incidents that inspired it.

I'm speaking from the platform of somebody who's recently gone from a staunch "Nothing to see here, move along" belief to one of "OK, I'm starting to see a couple things that I don't like, what's going on here?" stance. That kind of puts me in a unique situation for this site because most folks here are firmly decided one way or the other. This "article" merely serves to make the staunchly "We're losing our freedoms" crowd fist pump and high five each other, the equally staunch "Nothing bad is happening crowd" get pissed off, and the in betweens that are absorbing information trying to make up their minds just stand there wondering what the author is babbling about.

Not the best way to garner support of a cause, to be honest.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
This is NOT news. I am sick of reading crap like this. I am not going to put it into any kind words either.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by sayzaar
I think the only way is for EVERY MAN at an incident of injustice to surround the officer/s involved and make it quite clear that they won't tolerate it, and if they don't stop their brutal treatment they will get what's coming to them. It will have to be a countrywide agreement by ALL males that they WILL intervene. The cops will CR*P themselves!!!

I couldn't disagree with you more, to be honest. The "You'll get what's coming to you" attitude towards the cops will only get you one thing: shot. The only way to truly change anything is to make the change yourself. If you really feel that strongly about it, then start by changing your own perception of the police. Don't bad mouth cops that don't deserve it simply because they're wearing a shield (you'd be amazed at how often this happens to cops purely because they are police, not based on any action by the officer.) If I was a young cop, being bad mouthed constantly by the people I'm trying to protect would certainly make me less than eager to bend over backwards for them. No matter how loyal a dog is, he'll only take so much abuse before he turns into a mean dog... the same is true of cops.

Other ways to make change happen is through elections. If you're displeased with the current chief of police or sheriff in your area, become active in campaigning for change! It never fails to amaze me how little actual campaigning sheriffs & police cheifs & candidates actually do. Most voters have no idea who's who on that ballot so they either pick the incumbent or the next name on the list, depending on how satisfie they are with the level of crime in their neighborhood.

Finally, instead of encouraging all males to fight the police, we should encourage them to become police officers. Our best & brightest young men in high schools are innundated by "cops suck" propaganda to the point that, of course, the majority of police recruits are emotionless automatons. The "good guys" have no interest in becoming police because they see how the police are treated! There was a reason why cops back in the 30's, 40's, and 50's were stand up guys... they were respected and everyone was proud when a local boy went from playing football every Friday night for the high school to the state police academy and then returned to put on his uniform & shield. Then came the 60's when cops became "pigs" and were spat upon purely because they represented "The Man" and the police became full of jaded and bitter people. Become the change you expect the police to embrace by not giving them reasons to be angry at the public. No man is a mountain and even the best cop will eventually loose his cool when confronted with real venom and animosity unfairly.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Do you really think the election are going to make any different.
Where have you been, the last two elections where stolen!
It’s not the votes that count it’s who is counting the votes that count!
www.votefraud.org...
In addition, here another link. www.blackboxvoting.org...

Clear Evidence Of Widespread Vote Fraud In New Hampshire
Paul and Obama cheated out of 3rd and 1st by voting machines, hand count fraud

There were several major vote fraud issues to arise out of the New Hampshire primary revolving mainly around Ron Paul and Barack Obama, who were both seemingly cheated out of third and first places respectively as a result of rigged Diebold voting machines and deliberate malfeasance in the counting of hand-written paper ballots.
www.prisonplanet.com...
Here is more on vote fraud.
www.projectvote.org...

Now that we know our Election, are tampered with, what do you suggest we do?

[edit on 8/29/2008 by cashlink]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by cashlink

I'm not talking about the presidential elections. (besides which, I do not believe the last two presidential elections were "stolen," but that is beside the point.) I'm referring to your local elections which decide positions like the police cheif, sheriff, and those who appoint law enforcement positions. I might be inclined to believe that there's wanton election fraud in certain very large, very high profile cities (Chicago, New York, San Francisco) but I do not believe that Podunk USA is a site of massive voter fraud. Those are the so-called "grass roots" that we should start with. Vote the corrupt bastards out of office starting in small towns & minor cities and then get the ball rolling right through all but the largest metropolises. If we can get 80-90% of the elected local representatives back to working by the people and for the people, they will take the ball from the voters and work to eliminate the corruption at the higher levels.

The problem is, we've allowed the corruption to seep into the lowest levels of the food chain in addition to the top of the food chain and that is entirely our fault for being by and large uneducated, uncaring voters.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Interestinggg

Very wrong police get a kick out of the authority they have over others. They love being able to get away with anything.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Very wrong police get a kick out of the authority they have over others. They love being able to get away with anything.

Nonsense.

Not all police are like that.

Yes, the job does attract some very bad people, bullies, mostly.

But there are good cops - if you don't jump the gun and judge them all without seeing their individual character, you will see that.

I've met a lot of bad cops, and enough good ones to know it's not a fluke. They are out there.

I tell you though, it's hard...

It's hard to be a good cop when the citizenry is so unanimously afraid and ashamed of you, and angry at you. It's hard to be the good guy when EVERYONE assumes you're the bad guy - if everyone is assuming you're the bad guy, you might as well be the bad guy.

Then there's the fact that cops have to deal with the WORST elements of society every day. They don't get to see a lot of kindness, decency, and honor day in, day out. Mostly what they see is stupidity, greed, selfishness, and other sins. It gives them a warped perspective of the world.

My solution to this problem? Wanna hear it?

Make every cop do 3 months on the street, followed by one month doing another sort of public service, soup kitchen, reading to the elderly, teaching kids, planting trees, manning a fire tower in the forest, something, anything to get them out from underneath that crushing weight of filth they take on their shoulders after a little time on the job. Get them away from the addicts and the thieves and the scum of the earth, and introduce them to some good people, remind them of their core principles - protect and serve.

Cops who can't, or won't adjust to this sort of job, don't belong on the force. We have no need of bullies with badges. We need defenders and protectors here...

Just my idea. Do a rotation to keep them from becoming jaded and hateful of the citizens they have to protect.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I really agree with burdman30ott6 statements close to 100%, but not entirely.

Majority of you people who are criticizing police in general are doing so based on the actions and reports of the zealous bad ones than any actual experience with them. I have been on both ends of a cops generousity as a criminal, and as a victim of crime.

Did the police slam me on the floor unnecesarily when I was already on it with my hands behind my back? Yes he sure did. Did he damage my shoulder for a couple of weeks on the way to juvee when he slammed me into a wall? he sure did. I wont lie though, at the time I was definetly being an irrational asshole.

However through cooperation with future meetings with officers later on in life, I find that just being nice and cooperative can go a long way. I really do respect the law enforcement. Honestly I have never called an officer for my own defense during any physical altercations.

I say if you are going to be jumped, attacked, or get into a fight, might as well go all the way instead of just cowering and running and then calling the cops.

9/10 time if you are being questioned by an officer, pulled over, or arrested, you have done something wrong or suspicious. I said YOU, not the guy you saw on tv.

Crime in my town of Tampa has gone down very much over the past few years. It might have something to do with me and my associates not being on the streets anymore
I kid I kid.

TPd does an excellent job, I applaud them and most officers of the law. But beware, corrupt officers. If you try to infringe on my liberties unjustly, I will be catching a battery on a LEO charge. I'll make sure the boys laugh at you really good too with the fight I put up before your goons take me down.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

I live in NC in a town that’s about 500,000 people.
We have the most dirty election here, it is a known fact here in Gastonia, NC
I have been told by a ex-city council woman, this Government puts in who they want in.
That’s how our election are done here. That is why we have so few people turning out to vote!
Therefore, if our town is like this, I would expect the rest are the same.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Well here is an idea, get a permit, go to a local park and try and convince your fellow citizens to stand up for your rights? It really is not that hard. If it is important enough for you to want change, it should be important enough for you to actually participate and organzie the change right?

A nice man does not just come around and say "hi everyone I am change, please vote for me to fix your problems. you do not have to do much of anything, just grab a form and send it in!"

You know though, thats just an idea. I am sure you have better ones in mind. May I hear them?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by DYepes

Only a few people care, most people just follow the flow of things they dont want to rock the boat.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 03:18 AM
link   
we could start locally, organizing militia to support the rights of those oppressed, and to show up with more guns than any oppressors when needed for a display of "concern"

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join