It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media Blackout: The Armada in the Gulf

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Came across this in the morning... thought it warrants further exploration... anyone have any thoughts or information... what do you think we are preparing for... "The media have covered such recent events as the Olympics, the selection of Joe Biden as the Vice Presidential candidate for the Democratic Party, and what John McCain is going to do about the selection of the Vice President of the Republican Party. Now the media will focus on the national convention of the Democratic Party.

The most important news for the month of August was the fact that President Bush has quietly sent the largest armada into the Persian Gulf since the Iraq war began in 2003, when there were six carrier groups. This is a huge number of ships to be concentrated in one location in peacetime.

This story has been completely ignored by the news media all over the West. The only coverage is from special-interest websites"... google it..

Anybody here know anything about this???

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Yep, the media is ignoring it. Why? Who knows

And it happened just before "Russia attack Georgia"
Most likely it was a planned attack so we start a "New Cold War"

Massive US Naval Armada Heads For Iran

Europe Business Blog
August 8, 2008

Operation Brimstone ended only one week ago. This was the joint US/UK/French naval war games in the Atlantic Ocean preparing for a naval blockade of Iran and the likely resulting war in the Persian Gulf area. The massive war games included a US Navy supercarrier battle group, an US Navy expeditionary carrier battle group, a Royal Navy carrier battle group, a French nuclear hunter-killer submarine plus a large number of US Navy cruisers, destroyers and frigates playing the “enemy force”.

The lead American ship in these war games, the USS Theodore Roosevelt (CVN71) and its Carrier Strike Group Two (CCSG-2) are now headed towards Iran along with the USS Ronald Reagon (CVN76) and its Carrier Strike Group Seven (CCSG-7) coming from Japan.

They are joining two existing USN battle groups in the Gulf area: the USS Abraham Lincoln (CVN72) with its Carrier Strike Group Nine (CCSG-9); and the USS Peleliu (LHA-5) with its expeditionary strike group.

Likely also under way towards the Persian Gulf is the USS Iwo Jima (LHD-7) and its expeditionary strike group, the UK Royal Navy HMS Ark Royal (R07) carrier battle group, assorted French naval assets including the nuclear hunter-killer submarine Amethyste and French Naval Rafale fighter jets on-board the USS Theodore Roosevelt. These ships took part in the just completed Operation Brimstone.

The build up of naval forces in the Gulf will be one of the largest multi-national naval armadas since the First and Second Gulf Wars. The intent is to create a US/EU naval blockade (which is an Act of War under international law) around Iran (with supporting air and land elements) to prevent the shipment of benzene and certain other refined oil products headed to Iranian ports. Iran has limited domestic oil refining capacity and imports 40% of its benzene. Cutting off benzene and other key products would cripple the Iranian economy. The neo-cons are counting on such a blockade launching a war with Iran.

www.infowars.com...

[edit on 28-8-2008 by apk4o7mxb]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Yeah it was one stupid post in some guys blog that got picked up by all the 'alternative' media.

Nothing else ever happened with it and it was never confirmed.

This was right before the Georgia thing started, but I never heard anything else about it, even from international sources.

I don't think it really happened, but I am willing to listen if anyone has evidence.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
^^That is what I thought too, since the source is not trustful.
But who knows, it will be very interesting if it did happen

[edit on 28-8-2008 by apk4o7mxb]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Should be some way of getting some sort of idea where these carriers are, even if not from a news sourse. Anyone try the Navy themself? Usually families will have some sort of idea where their people are.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
There used to be a page (maybe a Navy page) that let you click on a link that said "Where are our ships?"

I don't remember where I saw it, but I think they may have taken it down since the war started.

top topics

join