It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Security Thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 08:45 AM
link   
SECURITY THREAD
The use of a unique thread position for each denomination guards against counterfeiting. In the $5 note, the thread is located to the left of the Federal Reserve Seal and glows blue when held under ultraviolet light; in the $10 note, it is found to the left of the Federal Reserve Seal and glows orange; in the $20 note, the thread is to the far left of the portrait and glows green; in the $50 note, it is found to the right of the portrait and glows yellow; in the $100 note, it is found to the left of the portrait and glows red. The denomination of the note is also printed on each thread; for example, "USA TWENTY" and a flag are repeated along the thread in the $20 note. The number "20" appears within the star field of the flag.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Sorry dude, but that's old news. Those things have been around for a while now.

Mr. M

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Sorry about that, I guess I was delayed on that one, my dad was just telling me about it, so I thought it was new news.
Guess its because I got off work at 2:00am and now its 10:00am, just a little tired. If the damn 16's would stop breaking the world would be a better place. I think they push the F-16's to far. Their a disposable fighter at about 18 mil, designed to last about 10 years, but the AF seems to think they can last 20-30. lol. Just speaking my mind.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Are you active duty right now? If so, where and with who?

Mr. M

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by StarChild
Are you active duty right now? If so, where and with who?

Mr. M

Check you U2U

top topics

join