It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man's arm broken as bailiffs seize his home

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   

www.mirror.co.uk

Mr Eyre, 46, whose left arm is now strapped from his knuckles to his elbow, claimed: "I told him that he didn't have my permission to enter.

"The bailiff, who was a big guy, said 'we're coming in' and tried to force his way past me.

"There were three police officers there but they just turned away.

"The bailiff grabbed my hand and twisted it one way, twisting my fingers the other."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
This is horrendous. This was caught on film; and ignored by the attendant police officers who later said that they had another 8 repossessions to attend.

The worst part is that the house was repossessed for GBP 3,000 mortgage arrears of a GBP 147,000 re-mortgage.

www.mirror.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Common Law Jurisdiction have a remedy for this man .

The bailiff will be done for GBH or similar offense and Bailiff's bond ought to cover all the liabilities involved in the damage .

Getting his house back is another story all together .

Unless he had a " Cured & Perfected Claim of Right " ; he is not getting his house back .

my2pence

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   

"I screamed and hit the floor and he dragged me out of the house and stepped over me to get in.

"There was nothing I could do because the police said they'd arrest me if I tried to throw the bailiff out. I just felt horrible."

He added: "Now I've got a broken arm and I'm homeless. And I'm not the only one - the police officers told me they had eight other repossessions to do that day. It's a national crisis."

Mr Eyre got around £3,000 into arrears on his mortgage when he slipped a disc in his back and was forced to quit his job as a house renovator.

He said his lender, Platform Home Loans which is part of the Britannia Building Society, refused to accept anything less than the full £780 monthly payments on his £147,000 remortgage.

It's a sad fact that many police officers who attend bailiffs with distress orders do not know the limits of the legal powers held by bailiffs.

I really do hope that these bailiffs are disowned by their families and friends. In fact, I curse all inconsiderate bailiffs to learn compassion by suffering the unwarranted indignities and injustices they enact onto debtors when failure to repay debt is caused by circumstances created by external influences which the debtor is not able to control; and ditto when the debtor was created by his/her creditor's/creditors' greed and poor judgment.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rapacity
In fact, I curse all inconsiderate bailiffs to learn compassion by suffering the unwarranted indignities and injustices they enact onto debtors when failure to repay debt is caused by circumstances created by external influences which the debtor is not able to control

That's not the bailiff's job, is it? The legal system made it's determination, and it needs bailiffs to enforce the decided course of events.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
My understanding is that Bailiff's, can only enter your home if invited. They can only force entry, ie, removing locks etc, if accompanied by the police. They can't force past you in anyway. If you refuse entry whilst the police are in attendance, thats when the police intervine and detain you in order for the bailiffs to enter the property.

So in effect, the police are just as guilty as the Bailiffs if wrong doing.

My tuppence worth anyway...

top topics

join