It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Border Patrol shoots man at U.S.-Mexico line

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
The only reason we are having this confrontations in our borders with Mexico is because We the American citizens do not have enough cojones to March straight to the borders and do our civil duties to protect those borders.

If we show enough force our government will have not choice but to take its citizen's side.

I wish it was that easy marg. If we Americans were to do something like guard our own border we would be called vigilantes by our government and prosecuted accordingly. Our government doesn't care about our border with Mexico. They are making too much money off of the illegal workers and drugs coming across it. The moment we started placing armed American citizens on the border would be the moment we would be arrested for it. But at the same time our government does nothing to stop Mexican military/ military types from coming across our border or shooting at our BP guys and gals. If I had been the BP officer that did the shooting I wouldn't have hit a buttcheek. The Man with the rock would be dead.

Yes it was just rocks being thrown but does that really matter? Rocks or bullets it's all the same in my eyes. You throw anything that can hurt or even kill another person you get what you deserve.

And what really gets my goat is that the Mexican government is concerned about one of their citizens being shot in the butt for throwing rocks across the border( at American border officials) but they aren't concerned with their military or people dressed like their military making excursions across our border.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
If this is happening so often, why has the PTB not initiated a task force or something to deal with this situation?

Not from there, so only here bits and pcs on the news.... but what I here doesn't sound promising and only represents a continuing trend of violence.

They initiate TASK forces for almost everything and anything now, why not something as detrimental as this?

Is it all politics?

I feel for you guys, I really do.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grailkeeper
If this is happening so often, why has the PTB not initiated a task force or something to deal with this situation?

They initiate TASK forces for almost everything and anything now, why not something as detrimental as this?

It's about money. Or that's the way it seems to me. Our Border Patrol is told many times to stand down or not to follow their own protocols when doing their job. Our government makes no effort to secure our borders or reinforce our Border Patrol. Why is all this happening? Somebody in power has to be benefiting from all these things. we have a major problem going in the southern border states and it will only get worse. There are many Mexican citizens in those states that are there for one purpose if you believe all the stories. And that's to take those states back into Mexican control. I don't see them standing a chance in hell of doing that but that's their plan.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
In case somebody missed it, the agent was facing a GROUP of assailants throwing rocks. To understate the level of danger the agent was in, it's a hypocrisy.

I wish the border patrol were issued submachine guns, and carried tons of ammo, and shot anything that moved. Problem solved.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Star for you Buddha.

I agree completely. Arm our guards to the teeth and give them orders to light up anyone that crosses our border. Illegal immigrant, drug runners, or military types shouldn't matter. Step foot on our soil illegally we'll send your dead body back to Mexico. Sounds harsh I know but it goes with the idea that after you kill so many the rest will stop coming.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Wait a minute...

The Mexican was on the Mexican side of the border, the Trooper was on the US side of the border.

Why not just back up beyond "rock range"? If he passes over the border, then you have full right to engage him.

Seems like a simple solution to me. He can't hit whats out of throwing range.

As soon as he's on the US side, if he continues throwing rocks, then fine, return fire. At that point, he is effectively under YOUR jurisdiction, and you haven't fired at Mexican property.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky

By that logic, perhaps the supposed victim in this case should have backed up out of "getting shot in the butt" range?

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Another Border Patrol spokesman, Daryl Reed, said the agent fired his gun on U.S. soil after seeing Ortega wielding a softball-sized rock on Mexican soil. He said the group hurled rocks at agents from inside the U.S., but returned to Mexico after the Border Patrol used tear gas and pepper projectiles.

[edit on 14-8-2008 by buddhasystem]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by damwel
So it is ok to shoot someone for throwing a rock? What if they stick their tongue out at you, can you at least punch them for that? I think you need some "Do unto others..." time.

Considering the Mexican "military" has a history of shooting at our border patrol agents while they're on our side of the border, I think we just "did unto others."

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Good!

I'm glad that someone is finally be proactive in protection of the border. If we had more folks on our side down there with this attitude then I'm sure our problems would either lessen once they learn this is the new way.
Or it could just invite a major conflict between us and the crooked military and police in league with the drug dealers that run things down there. However, if that happens then at least we would have no choice but to retaliate with like forces and stomp some AZZ.!

Get 'em while the gettins good...

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
Wait a minute...

The Mexican was on the Mexican side of the border, the Trooper was on the US side of the border.

Why not just back up beyond "rock range"? If he passes over the border, then you have full right to engage him.

As soon as he's on the US side, if he continues throwing rocks, then fine, return fire. At that point, he is effectively under YOUR jurisdiction, and you haven't fired at Mexican property.

Ok, so while backing up out of throwing range, you are still being pelted with rocks, but oh no, don't defend yourself cause hat would violate the civil rights of someone that obviously doesn't deserve the right to be in this country if their way in is to pelt people with rocks. Your logic is flawed. Again, self defence. I don't care if you are across an imaginary line throwing stuff at me that could hurt and possibly kill me, i'm shooting you if you do that. now multiply that by the fact that there was a group doing this, and you have justification.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
Wayno,
Heres a few links for you to look at. Since you are not in the US, i suggest you spend some time reading. I AM NOT MAKING ANY OF THIS UP!!!! I HAVE BEEN THERE, SEEN IT WITH MY OWN EYES. I HAVE FAMILY THERE.

I believe you for the simple fact that my husband and I have a friend that had to resign from his border patrol job and move to GA working now in the military base to avoid persecution for doing his job.

But no the want that the higher ups in the US want him to do, sit, watch, let go and shut up.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Fathom

dont worry he will get punished and when he does this is what im going to be doing

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mattifikation

hello!!!most of the population here in the usa is mexican so what do you tthink we will do if america went to war with mexico?i for sure would go on a killing spree and try to take out as many people as possible.on behalf of mexico.imagine america getting destroyed through the inside.trust not a good idea for the usa.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by flaco

Yeah, go for it.

The difference is that real Americans can afford ammunition. After the second day of the "uprising" the work corners would shut down and you wouldnt have enough money for taco meat, let alone weapons or the transportation to get to the fight.

I am so tired of this crap on the border. I really dont get it. Risk your life to come here and work for $3.00 per hour or sell drugs and go to prison or fix your own problems within your corrupt government. Sounds like an easy choise to me.

Maybe instead of talking about an uprising north of the border you should be rioting against your "government" in your own country!

[edit on 14-8-2008 by cavscout]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by cavscout

i kinda agree with you

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I want to know if any one on this site has an opinion as to whether it was better or worse before NAFTA. My son works in a plant with people of diverse nationalities who have legally migrated here. He has introduced me to some of them and I was impressed by how honest and nice they were. They work hard and are happy to be here. Don't get me wrong as when I started out, I was on my own living around street people and I through my occupation as a musician learned to discriminate as to who was conning me and who wasn't. My point is, there are hard working people who should be given a chance and there are people who are infiltrators by profession who use the system to further their progress in our countries. In my country, there are asian gangs, local gangs, latino gangs etc. Our own native people have been inflicted with the same problem. I grew up around native people when I was young and it wasn't like it is now. I think the whole thing is being driven by greed, avarice and consumerism. There is not enough peer pressure being invested in education of the younger generation as to when how much is enough and how much do you personally need. I want to know if NAFTA was good or bad. It hasn't improved anything in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
O.K wait I think I've figured it out. The Mexicans and their provocative rock throwing represent Georgia. The border patrol agent and his aggressive shooting represent Russia and the "dry, concrete-lined Tijuana River basin" where most of the rocks landed represents S. Ossetia.

I'm sorry no matter how hard I try I can't make this story interesting enough, I mean, doesn't this happen all the time? I assumed this kinda stuff happened all the time. A bunch of Mexicans mess around at the border and the border patrol chases after them and once in a while someone gets shot. The majority of the posts here seem to suggest that they would be okay if that were the case at least.

I'm waiting for the day that a border patrol agent shoots/captures/shoots a terrorist. Now that would be NEWs!

[edit on 14-8-2008 by coincidence_theorist]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I'm convinced of one or both of these possibilities:

1> Profiteering from border crime goes all the way to the top

2> Money from border crime is used to finance black ops.

As long as this is going on, it will never be fixed.

I also believe the gangs-legal and illegal-are indirectly being used as shock troops against us, meaning that they are allowed to roam free to limit the freedom of law abiding citizens.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join