It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2500 points

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I dont know how people get like a billion points and whatnot, but i've been posting my ass off and havent even broken 1k yet :\ i've been striving for my image cause my whole thing looks naked. someone spot me some points or something, im tired of waiting an eternity for my points.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   
I would give you some, but how do you even do it?

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   
honestly i dont belive you can, but thanks anyways. It's frustrating to have been a regular part of ats for a while now and still cant pretty my stuff up a little bit.

for any mod reading, i am unsatisfied with ats' point system. it makes me wanna scream at times.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 05:20 AM
link   
You don't need points to get an avatar, asala kindly made a guide for folks to follow.

People often get lots of points through making podcasts or by getting applause for quality posts.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   
You'll be getting points just by us posting on this aswell, which is good news for you.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Thanks for pointing that out to me ^_^ Feel much better now

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Hey guys check out this thread www.belowtopsecret.com...

or do an ats search for "ats points".

There are many ways to gain points on ats. TinWiki, podcasts, member art, just to name a few and if you still need help with an avatar a few members will even create one for you.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Need an avatar? talk to Green Eyed Leo, she made mine!

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I have muh face to put in there, just gotta get it sized right, what im having issues doin is fixing up my siggy, cause no html is allowed

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   
w00t my mini-prof is all pretty now

thanks for pointin me in the right direction

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
If you join up with Twitter and follow the ATS feed there, then send Asala a U2U you can get 5000 points.

Yep and podcasting gets you 2500 points. Per Podcast, It's easy to do and us members love to hear other members talk.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Try setting a goal for yourself.... for the number of applauses you get per 100 posts or whatever. My aim is one applause per 100 points. And join twitter you get 5000 points.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
You can post to your hearts content, but ONE good, researched, intelligent thread is worth more than gold!

Points don't mean squat here to some people.

And pretty pictures are just that.

That one good thread or applauded post will give you plenty of rewards but the points won't be the best.

Have patience and ask yourself why you're here?

Good luck and keep tugging the curtain.

[edit on 14/8/2008 by nerbot]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Just a tip for you newer members well even some oldtimers, when you purchase things from the store like Custom Titles or background images and what not. You have the option to use combined points, that's ATS and BTS points added together or just ATS point or BTS points.

Now say you spend 2500 points but only have 1 or 300 BTS points this will leave you negative BTS points if you select combined points so don't do it Use the option ATS only or BTS only which ever has the most points.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Here's 2 more points for you with this reply to your thread......

But take a look at TinWiki, there's a link at the top of every page. I was given 31,000 points a couple weeks ago for adding subjects in the SETI category and filling in some stub articles.

By doing a little editing and work with TinWiki I can guarantee that you'll gain points, William One Sac is very generous to those that put some effort in.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I personally enjoy posting "Breaking News". If you have a good story, that ATS'ers care about, you're golden. You get more points there than any of the other forums here. The point system really works in your favor. If I count up all the points I have gained in my time here, minus the stuff bought from the store, I'd be close to 10k or maybe over.

[edit on 14-8-2008 by DrOOpieS]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Points are nice to have since it seems some people don`t take you seriously if you don`t have thousands of points, but it doesn`t make or break you here.

I was over 2000 points, but I have had some taken away on a couple occasions for getting too hot headed in a couple threads that were about touchy issues.

Now I`m all the way down to around 600, I`m kinda peeved because I wanted a custom title but what can ya do.

[edit on 14-8-2008 by ben420]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Yes the points come gradually,seems a few years back it was the people who are now the Mods doing the posting,most of the post were very concise and what is there to comment on,seems now new members will post pretty much anything,so it takes time

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Takes time? Yeah, I can definitely agree with that. I guess I have to post more seriously on this site. Problem is I can't structure anything on this site as great as most of the people on here. When you're surrounded by geniuses how the hell do you actually go about posting a response?

Oh yeah, it's probably gonna take me a while to gain points on ATS. If only I could accumulate them as good as I can lose them.

It's gonna be a lot of hard work, I guess. I never really took this site seriously, and now I do. I just have to stay away from the political side of things. Politics annoy the crap out of me.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
You don't have to be a genius. About 2000 of my points are from applause for answers on threads. I really didn't know any more on those subjects. I just gave the questions some real serious thought and said what I meant without being offensive.
And if you're really pissed off.......

top topics

<<   2 >>

join