It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 prediction is the main theme of 'X-Files 3'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Although the TV show officially ended in 2002, the cast is back with The X-Files: I Want to Believe--the second film in the sci-fi franchise--which hit theaters on Friday.

But Duchovny is already planning for a third film--as he would love to resurrect his character, FBI agent Fox Mulder, once again.

He says, "Chris Carter (creator) has said something about 2012 (for a third film). It depends very much on this film. I know we've made a great thriller/horror/creepy movie. Simply put, if it does the right kind of business, we'll be able to make more.

www.hollywood.com...

So, finally the all 2012 hype starts rolling. It's not only the conspiracy geeks that discuss the 2012 - it seems that the Hollywood industry starts being inspired by it as well.

You thoughts on the subject?

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 05:29 AM
link   
That sounds like a better topic for an X-files movie than the one thats out at the moment. I havnt actually seen it, But it just looks so boring. They should of gone with the 2012 theme for this one i think. As for movies getting in on the 2012 thing, There have already been a couple. The new indiana jones knodded towards the whole mayan/ufo thing (which didnt work imo) Also there is actually a film due 2009 called '2012' www.imdb.com...

[edit on 8/14/2008 by Matt.Trakker]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I have always been a fan of the X files and look forward to seeing the movie at some point.

One thing I liked about the show was the diversity of episodes, not always about aliens.

As far as them doing a movie around '2012', I think it could fly.

The topic of '2012' in movies has not been 'done to death' yet, so I feel there is still quite a lot of room to be successful with it.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Yeah I heard that it's going to focus on an alien invasion in 2012.
I can't wait, though the last movie wasn't as good as I thought it should have been (I have high standards for the X-files), I think this movie has the potential to be quite excellent, if it has Mulder and aliens they can't really go wrong.

I don't know how to quote an outside source but this is from wikipedia.

[Wiki]
In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, Chris Carter said that if I Want to Believe proved successful, he would propose that a third movie go back to the TV-series' mythology and focus on the alien invasion foretold within the series, due to occur on December 22, 2012 [Wiki]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
The thing is the last XF movie tanked. It suck hard core. But you know a friend of mine, who never saw XF, never thought anything of it, saw it and thought it was awesome. So you know it can capture the unfan. But for the X-Philers out there it was like "wtf? That's it? M+S, sail off into the sunset. Literally???"

I mean most of my boards pretend it didn't exist. It dosn't mean we are not going to get it day it comes out in the special edition, and probably buy a couple of other things that are X-Filey. It just means we are watching it and just skipping the plot. We watched it three or more times just to see M+S.

This is also not saying I am not supporting the idea of a 2012 release of X-Files 3! This is saying I am going to drop to my knees praise the lord, and girl all fan girl on all y'alls asses. I am going to look up everything, try and buy at least three tees, go to the midnight premiere, and still go see it twice more in the theater. I don't care if it tanked. The entire reason for going to see it was M+S. I didn't mind the girl coming on to Mulder. I didn't even mind Xhibit (sp?).

Also it was said that it was only if XF 2 went well. But from everything I've read it went well enough. (I know I am shocked too.) The cast did sign on to do another, Carter has even got the go ahead from Fox. Carter and Spotnitz said so. I think that Gilligan is getting in on the action too. But you know this is what I've heard. (I have lots of time on my hands to verify and search out this info.)

*Fingers crossed, clutching four leaf clover, getting a horse shoe* I want to believe. I want to believe. I want to believe. I want to believe. I want to believe.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Spooky Fox Mulder

Here's my take on what it should be having learned that the Nazis during WWII didn't just give everything up after the war: Sure America got the bomb, night-vision and lots of stuff, but they didn't get The Bell. What's that, well its the anti-gravity flying saucer they were working on and some believe that they have been allowed to ever since, located in South America, with the permission of the US.

It wasn't an Alien at Roswell, no, it was the Nazis and that would be a very good plot twist, something which could liven up the series once again.

Check these out:

Project Camelot interviews Joseph Farrell: www.youtube.com...
Joseph P. Farrell - Nazis and Roswell: www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Banjof

Umm we didnt get the technology for the bomb from the Nazis.
lmgtfy.com...

The nazis were trying but we got it first.
edit on 7-8-2011 by karen61057 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
If you want Nazis and flying saucers then let's all hope that the movie IronSky is finally made.

Iron Sky

new topics

top topics

join